Government has ZERO of it's own $'s It CAN NOT CREAT JOBS.

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In order for jobs to be "created" private business needs to have money to invest towards employees and the supplies necessary to run their business. When business succeeds then they hire more workers. If more and more is STOLEN/UMMMM... TAKEN.. UMMM TAXED. then they are not able to hire as many workers.

Big government has worked NO WHERE SUCCESSFULLY ON EARTH..

I run a furniture business. If I have a little extra money from lower taxes it doesn't make me hire. I hire when my orders increase and I need more help. So hiring in my case atleast is dependent on demand.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Err...but what does one do with all the weapons?

Same as then, sell them to other nations who are at war, I suppose. Or, we could use the saner programs like the WPA and such. But, in general, a return to Americans manufacturing American goods for use by Americans would be a good idea, possibly even finding something to manufacture other than weapons.

-- A2SG, why not?

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I do. Especially the fact that it was an individual who came to his senses about the poor

I know. That's what made it fiction, that sort of thing doesn't happen in real life!

, as opposed to the government. Maybe the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future can visit all our Congressmen and show them all the poor in our country and how they should take even more of our money to eliminate their distress.

Better to let them just die and decrease the surplus population, then?

Then when they finally wake up, they will have compassion with our money.

It'd be a better use of it than what they're doing now.

Poor Ebenezer. He was forced to have compassion with his own dough after his epiphany.

Again, Stig, fiction.

-- A2SG, outta my way nerd!

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Same as then, sell them to other nations who are at war, I suppose. Or, we could use the saner programs like the WPA and such. But, in general, a return to Americans manufacturing American goods for use by Americans would be a good idea, possibly even finding something to manufacture other than weapons.

-- A2SG, why not?

Yeah, preferably something that has more use then to be blown up.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yeah, preferably something that has more use then to be blown up.

In a perfect world, yeah. On the other hand, if they keep destroying the product, it's a guaranteed return market!

-- A2SG, spoken like a true capitalist, eh?

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I run a furniture business. If I have a little extra money from lower taxes it doesn't make me hire. I hire when my orders increase and I need more help. So hiring in my case atleast is dependent on demand.

If the cost of you doing business went down say 20% and your sales went up 15% would you hire more people ?

Upvote 0

Viren

Contributor
Dec 9, 2010
Seattle
✟46,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If the cost of you doing business went down say 20% and your sales went up 15% would you hire more people ?

Yep. Did you mean the cost went up?

If my costs went up it would depend on if I still was making a profit. If not I wouldn't hire more people. I would either need to raise prices, lower wages or improve efficiency. Hiring only happens if my sales increase beyond what my business can handle.

Upvote 0

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Originally Posted by stiggywiggy
I do. Especially the fact that it was an individual who came to his senses about the poor
I know. That's what made it fiction, that sort of thing doesn't happen in real life!

And exactly how did you verify this belief of yours that no one in the history of the planet has ever "come to his senses about the poor?"

stiggy earlier: , as opposed to the government. Maybe the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future can visit all our Congressmen and show them all the poor in our country and how they should take even more of our money to eliminate their distress.
Better to let them just die and decrease the surplus population, then?

No. Why would you think that "letting people die" is a fine and dandy alternative to having ghosts visit our Congressmen? That doesn't seem to logically follow.

stiggy earlier: Then when they finally wake up, they will have compassion with our money.
It'd be a better use of it than what they're doing now.

But you just said that people who come to their senses about the poor is what makes fiction. Now you're implying that that very thing can happen in real life. Make up your mind.

Label, label label (my homage to Alastair Sim).

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Label, label label (my homage to Alastair Sim).

Actually, that was a quote, not a label....but it was a rather obscure one from Stephen Colbert, so I guess I can't blame you for missing it.

Carry on!

-- A2SG, as to the rest of your post, been there, done that, not gonna do it again....

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep. Did you mean the cost went up?

If my costs went up it would depend on if I still was making a profit. If not I wouldn't hire more people. I would either need to raise prices, lower wages or improve efficiency. Hiring only happens if my sales increase beyond what my business can handle.

No I meant the cost of doing business goes DOWN by 20% and sales went UP by 15% i.e. if government regulation was decreased along the entire supply chain of products before they arrived to your store the cost of all your supplies and what you sell would also decrease, as the price of goods and services decrease people would have disposable/free income and they could then purchase more products. i.e. your cost of doing business would decrease and business would INCREASE for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stiggywiggy

Jun 16, 2004
✟2,074.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Actually, that was a quote, not a label....but it was a rather obscure one from Stephen Colbert, so I guess I can't blame you for missing it.
.'

Thanks, since I do get my news elsewhere.

-- A2SG, as to the rest of your post, been there, done that, not gonna do it again....

No, I can't recall ever discussing with you whether or not one can be compassionate with money that is not their own. Must have been someone else. But I'd be interested in your theories on how this is done.

Upvote 0
Oct 11, 2008
-
✟9,187.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
.'

No, I can't recall ever discussing with you whether or not one can be compassionate with money that is not their own. Must have been someone else. But I'd be interested in your theories on how this is done.

I would be very interested in this as well.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would be very interested in this as well.

Then why don't the two of you have the conversation?

See, CF, Stiggy and I are old friends from another forum, so I already know exactly how that conversation will go, and I'm not interested. He knows this, and he's trying to bait me anyway, but I'm not taking the bait.

So, feel free to engage Stig on that, or whatever subject you want. And have fun!

-- A2SG, I'll just sit here and watch, if you don't mind....

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟733,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Maybe we should go back to the days when the Robber Baron's had monopolies on our industries with no regulation? That's what it sounds like people want. We can go back to the good ol' days when life expectancy was 58. Put those kids to work if they're poor they don't need an education. They better get used to those 15 hour shifts at the factory with no saftey standards. They'll have one arm Willie show them what NOT to do, no need for any manuals or emergency shutdowns. Keep that line rolling. Lose a finger? Better not tell management, you might loose your $.50 an hour job. Oh look, here comes the boss in his V18 superlimo with the dual engines. One of them runs on fur coats, the other on Hennesy.

Keep that class divide as wide as we can huh? Vite for me! I'll only tax the poor and eleminate all regulations. You want police? Pay for them, it's all about supply and demand. Need firefighters? Move to a neighborhood that has them. Can't afford to? You should have been born to a family that could afford to educate you. Sorry little poor boy, you live in a deregulated Utopia of no taxes and no services for you, better boil that shoe leather again! Sorry Pa, I lost a toe at the mill and they doc'd me a weeks pay. Tell me a bedtime story about the unions again Pa....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Maybe we should go back to the days when the Robber Baron's had monopolies on our industries with no regulation? That's what it sounds like people want. We can go back to the good ol' days when life expectancy was 58. Put those kids to work if they're poor they don't need an education. They better get used to those 15 hour shifts at the factory with no saftey standards. They'll have one arm Willie show them what NOT to do, no need for any manuals or emergency shutdowns. Keep that line rolling. Lose a finger? Better not tell management, you might loose your $.50 an hour job. Oh look, here comes the boss in his V18 superlimo with the dual engines. One of them runs on fur coats, the other on Hennesy.

Keep that class divide as wide as we can huh? Vite for me! I'll only tax the poor and eleminate all regulations. You want police? Pay for them, it's all about supply and demand. Need firefighters? Move to a neighborhood that has them. Can't afford to? You should have been born to a family that could afford to educate you. Sorry little poor boy, you live in a deregulated Utopia of no taxes and no services for you, better boil that shoe leather again! Sorry Pa, I lost a toe at the mill and they doc'd me a weeks pay. Tell me a bedtime story about the unions again Pa....

Yup, that sure sounds like a libertarian paradise, doesn't it?

-- A2SG, didn't Coolio do a song about that?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married

There's another possibility, rturner. Look to God. Unions can't offer you salvation. Obama can't offer you salvation. Government can't fix all your problems. By any measure, and numerous attempts, the nanny state failures have been horrendous.

Trust in God. Trust in yourself. Treat others with respect. Help others. In my experience that works. It's a formula for success. Of course, I also feel like I live in God's country. Life is good here. :) ... even for the many liberals. ;)

Upvote 0

BondiHarry

Mar 29, 2011
✟17,413.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

It fascinates me that your solutions are always seemingly carnal man's solutions and nary a mention of God and His 'regulations'. As Christians we are called to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" and all the things we need will be added to us, are warned to "put not your trust in princes (ie government) nor in the son of man in whom there is no help" yet you champion government (when God gives government very little authority) and belong to the political party which is trying to shove God's wisdom and ways out of American society ... tis most fascinating indeed.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟98,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It fascinates me that your solutions are always seemingly carnal man's solutions and nary a mention of God and His 'regulations'. As Christians we are called to "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness" and all the things we need will be added to us, are warned to "put not your trust in princes (ie government) nor in the son of man in whom there is no help" yet you champion government (when God gives government very little authority) and belong to the political party which is trying to shove God's wisdom and ways out of American society ... tis most fascinating indeed.

That's funny...especially when you consider that description is basically a utopian view of where where the political party that claims to adhere to God's wisdom and ways would like to see us heading.

Tell me, where is the wisdom and way of God in the Republican view of society, the one where they fight tooth and nail to ensure that rich people are not deprived of tax breaks, even if it means the poor and downtrodden will suffer as a result?

Thing is, if God wants us to live in a utopian society, He can create one without effort. Instead, it's left to us to create the best society we can....and do you really believe, as a Christian, that the Republicans have that intent in mind when deciding on the policies to follow and promote? 'Cause I don't.

-- A2SG, and it takes a lot of spin and mental gymnastics to pretend otherwise....

Upvote 0

BondiHarry

Mar 29, 2011
✟17,413.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
That's funny...especially when you consider that description is basically a utopian view of where where the political party that claims to adhere to God's wisdom and ways would like to see us heading.

Tell me, where is the wisdom and way of God in the Republican view of society, the one where they fight tooth and nail to ensure that rich people are not deprived of tax breaks, even if it means the poor and downtrodden will suffer as a result?

Thing is, if God wants us to live in a utopian society, He can create one without effort. Instead, it's left to us to create the best society we can....and do you really believe, as a Christian, that the Republicans have that intent in mind when deciding on the policies to follow and promote? 'Cause I don't.

-- A2SG, and it takes a lot of spin and mental gymnastics to pretend otherwise....

Just what is the 'Republican view of society'? Is it Reagans, Goldwaters (and which Goldwater since the idealist of the 60s seemed rather addled in his old age), Bush Sr., Bush Jr, McCains, Romneys, Pauls ad infinitum. The Republicans are not the party of God (although there are devoted Christians who see far more hope in what some Republicans advocate in areas such as limited government and free enterprise who will support them) and even such outspoken Christians as Michelle Bachman seem unsure on how to translate their faith into the political realm (I wish she had challenged that one guy who asked her if she "submitted herself to her own huband" in a debate to finish that particular passage since he left out a VERY important part of the passage, ie "as unto the Lord").

Upvote 0