Government has no business in health care.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟699,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Admiral of the Fleet/First Sea Lord
Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
They are already in your healthcare and have been for some time now.
That doesn't make it right. Look what Progressivism has done to the US since the 1900s.

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Are you ever going to substantiate this nonsense you keep posting over and over?
Read Rediscovering Americanism. Yeshuaslavejeff and I don't agree on much regarding religion, but we gave up freedom long before we were born. Around 1880 or so.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Read Rediscovering Americanism. Yeshuaslavejeff and I don't agree on much regarding religion, but we gave up freedom long before we were born. Around 1880 or so.
Which has what to do with the medical quackery he continues to post without even an attempt at substantiation?

Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Which has what to do with the medical quackery he continues to post without even an attempt at substantiation?
You didn't specify medical, and he didn't give medical info. He was talking about our freedoms.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

Seejer

Jul 20, 2017
Oslo
✟9,432.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We allow them to decide the fate of their unborn children, which is worse?

For most people killing or letting children die is worse than abortion since most people make the distinction between
blastocyst and seven year adorable blond called Julie.

Since this is ethical question you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Root of Jesse

Site Supporter
Jun 23, 2011
Bay Area, California
Visit site
✟354,065.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For most people killing or letting children die is worse than abortion since most people make the distinction between
blastocyst and seven year adorable blond called Julie.

Since this is ethical question you are of course entitled to your own opinion.
Actually, you're wrong. "Most people" don't make the distinction. They're both human beings with rights.

Upvote 0

Seejer

Jul 20, 2017
Oslo
✟9,432.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, you're wrong. "Most people" don't make the distinction. They're both human beings with rights.

Right......how about you list on your mind countries where abortion is legal and then set that list against countries where killing your child is legal.

Then think objectively whatever this might mean.

Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The very hospital that has been demonized and had their staff members receive death threats because of their resolute stance on not prolonging the suffering of Charlie Gard is the same one that saved my life as a child, and where the greatest chance for having a healthier adulthood is held. To portray this as a hospital cruelly depriving a baby due to the costs of his treatments or a callous heart is disingenuous at best. Last week MRI scans confirmed what the physicians caring for Charlie at GOSH have consistently stated for many months - that his condition is too severe for any hope of recovery or independent life. The doctor in the United States who'd offered to provide Charlie with highly experimental treatment, one that never delivered any promise of ameliorating his health but merely a slim chance of prolonging his life in the tormenting state he's been in - withdrew that offer. Today the parents made the decision to no longer pursue treatments for Charlie.

I'm am American but was born in Germany because my parents were working at a military base there then (as an attorney and an oncologist). Despite my mom taking immaculate care of her health while pregnant with me, she still went into labor very prematurely, causing me to be born in an extremely fragile condition. I spent the first few months of my life in the hospital. Had we been in the US, the bill would have been staggering, but in Germany, it wasn't. Then when I finally had recovered sufficiently and my parents were given the blessing to take me to Ohio to visit my grandparents, I contracted chickenpox from my older brother's friend next door. The vaccine was readily available then, but I was too young for it, and the friend's mom hadn't given it to him because, as she told my grandmother, it distressed her when her kids cried getting shots. The chickenpox was like a lit match being thrown onto parched land; it caused a wildfire-like effect in my body, leading to sepsis which damaged my stomach and thyroid glands, and destroyed my adrenal glands entirely. This caused me to have a very rare disease called Addison's. JFK had adult-onset Addison's (which is more manageable) but very few have it today. There is absolutely no marketplace incentive to research and develop treatments for it. Fortunately, the British government did provide funds to an endocrinologist at GOSH to study adrenal insufficiency. My family moved to London when I was seven specifically to get treatment there, at the advice of physicians in the US who believed the physicians there had more expertise and a stronger chance of attaining a healthier childhood (my scenario was diametric to Charlie's).
In the year and a half we were in London, the hospital bills were less than one night's stay here in the US. In the years since returning to the States, GOSH has continued to provide excellent care for me. Last month the CVS pharmacy that had been reliable for years made a colossal error in one of my prescriptions. My endocrinologist here has an impeccable medical education and decades of experience, but not any dealing with this specific issue, so she called my doctors at GOSH and followed their instructions on what to do to treat me. My parents have not received any bill for this valuable care. The primary endocrinologist treating me there has invented a revolutionary treatment for Addison's that will hopefully enable me to have a more independent adulthood. Because Addison's caused delays, I still haven't reached my full weight or a normal adult weight. Once I'm fully grown I'll try this treatment. I've been fortunate with my health because my parents have had more resources - both financially and through their connections; other families have had an extremely difficult time obtaining proper health insurance due to their child's preexisting condition, and been overwhelmed by medical costs.

I want the government in the bedroom when there are abuses there, such as pedophilia and rape.

I want the government in the doctor's office when there is malpractice. I want the government to intervene when it is in the best interest of a child to do so.

I want the government to maintain registries such as the ones for cancer that have proven to be extremely valuable in helping to better understand and treat this type of disease.

Upvote 0