Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
First my arm got sore, then my whole body started to ache a few hours later, and overnight last night the pounding headache started.

This morning I have all three combined. Last night I also couldn't get warm. I am not one that gets cold. I am always too hot, last night I couldn't get warm.

Glad I requested the day off, the day after and the next day off from work. I wouldn't have been able to go in.

Last edited:

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First my arm got sore, then my whole body started to ache a few hours later, and overnight last night the pounding headache started.

This morning I have all three combined. Last night I also couldn't get warm. I am not one that gets cold. I am always too hot, last night I couldn't get warm.

Glad I requested the day off, the day after and the next day off from work. I wouldn't have been able to go in.
Did you have the same affects after the first shot? And which brand of vaccine did you get?

Doesnt seem like a normal experience to me.....but my sure you will be fine.....

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did you have the same affects after the first shot? And which brand of vaccine did you get?

Doesnt seem like a normal experience to me.....but my sure you will be fine.....
I got Moderna. My second vaccination reaction was much worse than my first.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got Moderna. My second vaccination reaction was much worse than my first.
Interesting..... What was the reaction after the first? I expected that most people would only get a sore arm.

I may end up getting it as well....but not because of the virus.......but because the government and businesses are trying to make it difficult to do anything without it...

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interesting..... What was the reaction after the first? I expected that most people would only get a sore arm.

I may end up getting it as well....but not because of the virus.......but because the government and businesses are trying to make it difficult to do anything without it...

I was useless for two days at work after my second shot. I was really sluggish. My wife had a low grade fever the next day. A co-worker was out for 2 days.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was useless for two days at work after my second shot. I was really sluggish. My wife had a low grade fever the next day. A co-worker was out for 2 days.
Sounds like we might just need a vaccine to protect against the affects of the Vaccine. I havent felt these things in years.....shame that I may have to because of indirect pressures.

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

Nope. Just a sore arm and felt run down, but did not feel sick like this.

It was the Moderna one.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,656,054.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

First time I got it I was just exhausted, sore arm, chills, headache. Second time I got it, I had all those symptoms but much worse. I had nausea, a big lump at injection site. A red circle around the injection site and a rash that seemed to be traveling down my arm below the injection site. I had it for about 3 or 4 days. I felt terrible. As time went on, it all subsided. It felt pretty darn bad.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First time I got it I was just exhausted, sore arm, chills, headache. Second time I got it, I had all those symptoms but much worse. I had nausea, a big lump at injection site. A red circle around the injection site and a rash that seemed to be traveling down my arm below the injection site. I had it for about 3 or 4 days. I felt terrible. As time went on, it all subsided. It felt pretty darn bad.
interesting.....Would you still recommend it to others?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

That is why I let my supervisor know not to schedule me for shifts for a couple days after getting the second shot. He had gotten the second shot as well and was in bed for a couple days as well. So he had no issues not scheduling me.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I knew the risks and was fine taking them to make sure I could travel.

This isn't a complaint post about the vaccine.
Yes, this is my only concern....and only reason I would even consider the vaccine.......: The restrictions for those who dont take it. I have zero concern about getting covid.

Strange thing is.....I know many people who have had covid, who experience less than you guys say you experienced after this vaccine, some of them having no ill
affects at all... very strange indeed.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Is, this is my only concern....and only reason I would even consider the vaccine.......: The restrictions for those who dont take it. I have zero concern about getting covid.

Strange thing is.....I know many people who have had covid, who experience less than you guys say you experienced after this vaccine, some of them having no ill
affects at all... very strange indeed.

I don't find it strange at all. Everyone gets the same amount of the vaccine, but not everyone gets the same viral load which means they won't get as sick.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't find it strange at all. Everyone gets the same amount of the vaccine, but not everyone gets the and viral load which means they won't get as sick.
Oh ok, so you believe that the ones who have no effects from the virus, would have also had no reaction taking the vaccine as well?

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh ok, so you believe that the ones who have no effects from the virus, would have also had no reaction taking the vaccine as well?

No, not what I said.

Everyone gets the same amount of vaccine, but everyone that has had covid didn't all get the same viral load. Here's an example:

Timmy gets two particles of the virus, while Becky gets 50 particles of the virus. Timmy has no symptoms as his viral load was low. Becky has all the symptoms because her vital load was high.

Tammy gets the vaccine, Bobby also gets the vaccine. The both get the same amount of the vaccine through the shot. They both have symptoms from the vaccine worse than Timmy because Timmy got barely any of the virus.

It's a simplified example, but the best I can do.

My body reacts strongly to all vaccines, so I knew I would get sick. My girlfriend also got hers with me yesterday. She feels like she was beat with a baseball bat today. My mom also got the Moderna vaccine couple months ago, all she got was a slight fever and minor body aches.

Everyone also has different reactions to the vaccine. However, they all have the same equal chance of getting more serious side effects as they are getting the same amountnof the vaccine.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, not what I said.

Everyone gets the same amount of vaccine, but everyone that has had covid didn't all get the same viral load. Here's an example:

Timmy gets two particles of the virus, while Becky gets 50 particles of the virus. Timmy has no symptoms as his viral load was low. Becky has all the symptoms because her vital load was high.

Tammy gets the vaccine, Bobby also gets the vaccine. The both get the same amount of the vaccine through the shot. They both have symptoms from the vaccine worse than Timmy because Timmy got barely any of the virus.

It's a simplified example, but the best I can do.

My body reacts strongly to all vaccines, so I knew I would get sick. My girlfriend also got hers with me yesterday. She feels like she was beat with a baseball bat today. My mom also got the Moderna vaccine couple months ago, all she got was a slight fever and minor body aches.

Everyone also has different reactions to the vaccine. However, they all have the same equal chance of getting more serious side effects as they are getting the same amount of the vaccine.
Yes, and likewise....Since two people who get the same vaccine, can have different side effects.....some having little to none......Two people who experience the same "load" of the virus can also be affected differently.....some dying while another having no symptoms at all.

Taking God out of the equation, It is all a crap shoot. But hey....we will all be force to take it anyway, so we better just build up sick days.

Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
we better just build up sick days.

This is where I am lucky. I only work three days a week, sometimes four or five, but as long as I get three days, I have 39 hours.

Upvote 0