Not open for further replies.

SiderealExalt

Feb 25, 2007
✟3,309.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This drum beat has been beaten. There is more to life.... in mental substance:thumbsup: and in the natural reality's. If there was a cartoon showing of a beating of a dead horse; it would be appropriate.

Which is why it's a good thing I notice it instead of making stuff up to please a bruised ego like some individuals.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
*Raises hand*

I was not driven to atheism at all. It's the only position that makes sense to me.

I wasn't driven to Buddhism. I had to walk.

Atheists that I have met usually tend to be intelligent, and very logic-oriented, who are not "anti-God", but rather, don't see the logic of assuming a God if God isn't evident to any of the senses.

Believers, on the other hand, tend to be more intuitive, to trust their gut, to be more emotionally involved, and the logic aspect, although maybe acknowledged, seems to be trumped by the intuitive nature.

During my life, especially when experiencing the darker history of Christianity in the 80s during the rise of AIDS, the lack of compassion, etc., I even considered no longer believing in God, but then still spoke in tongues - another logic thing I can't support not explain - so, I don't know if I am capable of not believing in God. I always have. It's like trying to believe that I have no soul, but am just a collection of instincts and DNA.

But I have a lot of respect for atheists, their nonemotional approach, their demand of empirical data to embrace something as true. It's the yin and yang balance of people, I suppose.

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I've always wondered if one day, Gay Pride would evolve into general Pride, where everyone can celebrate. It started off with Gay Pride, and then they weren't sure if they wanted to allow Lesbians, and then they weren't sure if Bisexual people should join, and then it was Transgendered and Transexual people, so, I've always thought it would be kind of cool to include, eventually, once equality is reached, Heterosexuals, because there are a lot of "queer" heterosexuals that don't fit the stereotype of "male" or "female" or "masculine" or "feminine", etc.

But we aren't changing the name to "Up With People"

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.