Got a Prediction for how the US Presidential Election will go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I thought starting this thread might be interesting.

To see what the different electoral maps people put forward, and, if they want to share, their reasoning behind the maps.

I want people here to feel comfortable sharing their predictions, so while some lighthearted discussion is fine, I don't want people to be mocked or feel too intimidated to share their predictions in the first place. Please keep such in mind.

It would also be cool to see who here gets the closest to the actual result. Not that I want any "I told you so"'s post election...

270toWin is a useful resource for making Electoral College result maps.
full

So this is what my map looks like currently. I realise it probably looks very different to most people's maps. It assumes a slight drift towards Trump(this is admittedly based on many factors, chief among which is probably plain old gut instinct).
It is also very dependant on info from fivethirtyeight.

As such, if Trump gains more support, then Nevada and New Hampshire may become too close to call, and likewise if support plateaus, North Carolina would be a tight race. An increase in Clinton support would see Iowa and Maine's second district become a close race.

I would of posted this thread yesterday, but I was waiting on more polls in Michigan and Wisconsin...but I got tired of waiting. If the next polls in both these states are Clinton leads, then they would be solidly blue(Ipsos seems to often show Trump leads contrary to other pollsters, so I have a feeling I may be putting too much weight on blip results)

As for Maine's second district, though historically unusual and under polled, both polls in the state have shown Trump with a solid lead over Clinton.

If I were forced to guess which way Florida and Ohio vote, it would be Clinton and Trump respectively. This would produce a result of a Clinton victory of 307 to 231.

I will likely produce new maps as election day approaches. As such, I will try to update this thread with a month to go, and then two weeks, then one week...and maybe one on the day? or the day before?
Currently, I wonder if both campaigns are saving some political weapons for the final week or two for maximum impact.

Anyone here want to share their predictions?

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I've sworn off making any more political predictions this year. I thought Jeb vs. Hillary was a lock, and I thought the Brexit would be a landslide "no", so, you know, my predictions appear to be a bit of a kiss of death.

Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I've sworn off making any more political predictions this year. I thought Jeb vs. Hillary was a lock, and I thought the Brexit would be a landslide "no", so, you know, my predictions appear to be a bit of a kiss of death.
I got the leave vote right.

Not so much anything else...
Then again, I think the only other vote I put much effort into predicting was the UK 2015 General election, and it turned out the polls I were working with weren't all that accurate.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.