Gospel telepathy?

Aegidius

Jan 14, 2014
✟7,731.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone finding themselves ministering in an area where they interact with people's thoughts and through spiritual demonstration end up proclaiming the gospel?
I have personally experienced what you described hundreds of times. It is a manifestation of word of knowledge. I can't tell you how many times I've known exactly what a person is about to say before they say it. Word of knowledge manifests in many ways like this.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone finding themselves ministering in an area where they interact with people's thoughts and through spiritual demonstration end up proclaiming the gospel?

Rom.12

1. [5] So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Eph.2 Verses 11 to 22

1. [11] Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
    [12] That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
    [13] But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
    [14] For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
    [15] Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
    [16] And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
    [17] And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
    [18] For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
    [19] Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
    [20] And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
    [21] In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
    [22] In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I began something very strange and controversial back in 1990.

What you just mentioned may help to explain some of the unusual things that have happened since then.

I do have a discussion going on it since several years in the Messianic Judaism forum here:

Yom Kippur/The Rapture connection?!

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I have personally experienced what you described hundreds of times. It is a manifestation of word of knowledge. I can't tell you how many times I've known exactly what a person is about to say before they say it. Word of knowledge manifests in many ways like this.

I myself get films in my head that seem prophetic......
but I have never had one that actually came to pass but,.....
these films in my head do prepare me for the next step that I have to take
in the directions the groups that I need to reach out to.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But you're wrong. Start a new thread, let's discuss this there.
I am wrong? I love when people declare somebody to be wrong without even having heard the evidence. What does that say for your ability to study and draw conclusions?

Revelation 13:8 I believe, speaks of a lamb slain from the foundation of the world. That means that before there was a sin, at least in the mind of God, a sacrifice took place... He knew we would fall. And how could He not seeing He is not bound by time? He knows the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end... He didn't create us to fall but created us knowing we would.

Second witness... brilliant.... Genesis 1:14 (go ahead, place your cursor over it)... see the word "seasons?" That isn't is fall, winter, spring and summer... it is the Hebrew word "moedim" which most bibles translate as "feasts." It is actually more accurately translated as appointments or appointed times. Regardless, these are what we call Feasts, Passover, Tabernacles, etc. So, Genesis 1:14 is saying, IN PART, that the sun, moon, and stars were placed in the sky to be a marker to know when the feasts are. And how does that mean God knew we would fall? Very simple.... the feasts (all of them) are tied to a historical event but each of them also points to various aspects of messiah's work. For example, Passover is specifically pointing to the redemption of the first born. So, if BEFORE God made Adam He placed markers to tell us when the Feast would occur that pointed to our redemption... how could He not know we would need to be redeemed? :) But I am wrong.

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's an intercessory side effect combined with God's omnipresence, in that it seems like other people's thoughts, emotions, sins, holy disciplines are appearing as thoughts and emotions within you.
Why would you call that "telepathy" instead of discernment?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
"Born again" is a term that is present in many Jewish writings prior to the NT. But, that is a whole separate thread and topic. Bottom line... God does not change. Any doctrine we develop that causes Him to not remain consistent in terms of character is faulty. We don't have more grace today... God created the plan back to Him before Adam was even created. Would you care for the two witnesses to this truth?

Interesting indeed...........

... both the Patriarch Enoch as well as the Prophet Elijah were taken into a level of paradise / heaven while still alive.........
so it could be argued that both of them had been "born again."

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interesting indeed...........

... both the Patriarch Enoch as well as the Prophet Elijah were taken into a level of paradise / heaven while still alive.........
so it could be argued that both of them had been "born again."
While "where" they went isn't clearly stated, your point is still valid. Even David being called "the apple of my eye" (God speaking) is another example that man wasn't spiritual dead and outside of a relationship with God before Christ. Consider....

Had Joseph not had the dreams he did, he would not have upset his brothers. If his brothers did not become angry with him, he would not have been thrown into a pit. Had he not been thrown into a pit, they might not have seen the slave traders he was sold to. If he had not been sold into slavery he would not have been chosen by Potiphar to tend to his house. Had he not been a favorite of Potiphar, he would have been executed over false charges. If it weren't for the false charges, he wouldn't have been in prison to hear the dreams of his cellmates. Had he not interpreted those dreams correctly, Pharaoh would not have become aware of Joseph and Joseph would not have become the #2 in Egypt AND his family (all the tribes of Israel) would have perished in the famine. Grace saw Joseph to the point of being used to preserve God's promises... grace is all through that story and those who don't see it, sadly, don't understand grace!

• Informative
Reactions: DennisTate
Upvote 0

LitnedUpBeliever

Jan 20, 2018
La Quinta
✟324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Michael, if a believer is so connected to Jesus Christ, abiding in Him in his/her life, that person can be so in-tune with the Lord that what he/or she typically hears/senses would not be the spirit of another person but the Spirit of God Himself. The Lord gives direction and even experience to that believer for a specific ministry. So the cause of any experience is not the persons connecting but the connection between God and thr believer whom He will use.

An example that i can think of is when Peter was given a vision from God and told to eat locusts handed to him from heaven. Its in Acts. Peter wouldnt eat it saying he eats nothing unclean. Jesus said, "Don't call what i have cleaned unclean." After finally seeing the uneaten locusts taken back out of his presence, Peter was sought by Cornelius' men to summon Peter to minister to them per the Lord's directive. And we can read the rest in Acts. (Another thread brought this history to mind)

Many various experiences happen as any of us abide in Christ. We are so connected and in tune with Him, we become effective for others for God's glory. There is no labeling the experiences like these besides very simple terms of being a believer. Otherwise some could glory in being super spiritual and spiritually superior. That's not what God wants for us. "Gospel telepathy" takes focus off of Christ in many ways. If you throw away all distractions like that, you can truly appreciate the simplicity in the fact that we as believers can be as believers in Acts. To be a believer for them and many Christians in countries where great persecution occurs, supernatural experience from God is simple, common experience of a believer submitted to Christ. It's nothing that causes us to say "woe...did you see that gospel telepathy?" But instead we say, "woe...look at what Jesus did...again."

I hope that makes sense. I like a lot of us do understand there is amazing experience in Jesus Christ. He wants us to keep Him as that focus.

This is my first time here. I am not a biblical scholar, but I do believe as the bible says, we are in Christ, making up the body of Christ and gifted accordingly for God's will and Glory. If we are in Christ and Christ in the Father and receive the Spirit of the Father, just as Jesus did, then wouldn't it be safe to say that it is possible to know the thoughts of others. Does the Father know all things, didn't our Lord prove He did too. Our Father will gift us for all his purposes and will guide us through His Spirit. Does He not state tthat He brings all things to light. He says, no one can know a man's thought unless he reveals them...the Lord is in control at all times and does all things in order to correct, teach and gift us. Doesn't Paul say also that he wishes he could share his faith with them as he does with the more mature believers? With God all things are possible...for me, it's another form of ministry? Does He, the Great I Am who has created all things not be able with His own Spirit lead us into truths, healings and lesson for our growth, for His Glorious nature to proper us, to hone us and to give us a future? We are to trust in the Lord, not lean on our own understanding and when surrendered in the Spirit the thoughts revealed and visions intertwined with other believers He has chosen to bring together is done it is His will for us as it was for Jesus...and since we are to be like Jesus...why would we assume it's dark in nature. We are of one thought, mind and purpose. Could our first perception of this statement be the milk of interpretation and the meat for the mature...for those who have discernment, who do test the word, who do where the armor and who do TRUST in God? Who do obey and act like a child.. In my own experiences my willingness to be exposed without fear and with such gratefulness to have my shortcoming or my experience or both to help another stand firmer in the Lord is rewarding...making disciples is our goal...eye on the prize, and the road to perfection.

Upvote 0

LitnedUpBeliever

Jan 20, 2018
La Quinta
✟324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, I forgot, when I said the Father says He brings all things to light, the Spirit is a wonderful place be united with others and have sin revealed and removed or disagreements revealed, relationships restored, biblical truths revealed, it is within His Spirit where His love is abundant that I get to grow in a love and understanding of my children, family, people I know or understand a situation I came to experience that I didn't quite feel comfortable with or stumbled through. I am reminded or enlightened with the Spirit going over it with me, it feels comfortable and encouraging and I learn. And I am sure you all have had the experience of a confirmation of a spiritual experience that shows up in a sermon or something. So, if you encounter something telepathically make sure it is of God, test the Spirit..I can feel a dark entity...I'm familiar with the attacks...I strongly take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ and my goal is to stand firm and serve him.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is my first time here. I am not a biblical scholar, but I do believe as the bible says, we are in Christ, making up the body of Christ and gifted accordingly for God's will and Glory. If we are in Christ and Christ in the Father and receive the Spirit of the Father, just as Jesus did, then wouldn't it be safe to say that it is possible to know the thoughts of others. Does the Father know all things, didn't our Lord prove He did too. Our Father will gift us for all his purposes and will guide us through His Spirit. Does He not state tthat He brings all things to light. He says, no one can know a man's thought unless he reveals them...the Lord is in control at all times and does all things in order to correct, teach and gift us. Doesn't Paul say also that he wishes he could share his faith with them as he does with the more mature believers? With God all things are possible...for me, it's another form of ministry? Does He, the Great I Am who has created all things not be able with His own Spirit lead us into truths, healings and lesson for our growth, for His Glorious nature to proper us, to hone us and to give us a future? We are to trust in the Lord, not lean on our own understanding and when surrendered in the Spirit the thoughts revealed and visions intertwined with other believers He has chosen to bring together is done it is His will for us as it was for Jesus...and since we are to be like Jesus...why would we assume it's dark in nature. We are of one thought, mind and purpose. Could our first perception of this statement be the milk of interpretation and the meat for the mature...for those who have discernment, who do test the word, who do where the armor and who do TRUST in God? Who do obey and act like a child.. In my own experiences my willingness to be exposed without fear and with such gratefulness to have my shortcoming or my experience or both to help another stand firmer in the Lord is rewarding...making disciples is our goal...eye on the prize, and the road to perfection.
Hi LitnedUpBeliever. Welcome to CF.

I definitely understand you saying that God reveals the thoughts of men. As Jesus discerned the thoughts of others, so are we gifted by God to do so as He sees fit. (Refer to John 5:19) Telepathy is reading or communicating to another's mind at human will. Discernment is at God's will. In the gospel of John, Jesus explained that all that He did was according to the Father's will and that He did nothing for Himself.

God does not allow others to invade the privacy of our thoughts just because that other person wants to. Peter was so concerned with what Jesus was going to do with John after being told his commission. But Jesus basically point out to him, "If I have him tarry until I return, what is that to you." We believers are not authorized to know people's thoughts or motives at will. Are there times when God will reveal those thoughts whenever He sees fit? Absolutely.

Acts 9:23-28 explains how, while Saul/Paul was in the midst of the disciples (believers full of the Holy Ghost), they were afraid of him for how he had persecuted the church. They simply did not discern who Saul/Paul was yet at that time. They couldn't read his mind. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been afraid of him because they would have known off the bat that he was innocent at that point. Certainly, many supernatural events and revelations had already taken place among them prior to that moment. But God used Barnabas in place of their discernment to reveal to them that Saul/Paul was indeed their brother in Christ.

I'm sure there are several other passages in the Word that show how, just as Jesus said He did whatever was the Father's will was instead of His own, it also applies to us - nothing by the will of man (which is what telepathy involves) but of the will of God. I just can't think of any right now.

Upvote 0

LitnedUpBeliever

Jan 20, 2018
La Quinta
✟324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I definitely understand you saying that God reveals the thoughts of men. As Jesus discerned the thoughts of others, so are we gifted by God to do so as He sees fit. (Refer to John 5:19) Telepathy is reading or communicating to another's mind at human will. Discernment is at God's will. In the gospel of John, Jesus explained that all that He did was according to the Father's will and that He did nothing for Himself.

God does not allow others to invade the privacy of our thoughts just because that other person wants to. Peter was so concerned with what Jesus was going to do with John after being told his commission. But Jesus basically point out to him, "If I have him tarry until I return, what is that to you." We believers are not authorized to know people's thoughts or motives at will. Are there times when God will reveal those thoughts whenever He sees fit? Absolutely.

Acts 9:23-28 explains how, while Saul/Paul was in the midst of the disciples (believers full of the Holy Ghost), they were afraid of him for how he had persecuted the church. They simply did not discern who Saul/Paul was yet at that time. They couldn't read his mind. Otherwise, they wouldn't have been afraid of him because they would have known off the bat that he was innocent at that point. Certainly, many supernatural events and revelations had already taken place among them prior to that moment. But God used Barnabas in place of their discernment to reveal to them that Saul/Paul was indeed their brother in Christ.

I'm sure there are several other passages in the Word that show how, just as Jesus said He did whatever was the Father's will was instead of His own, it also applies to us - nothing by the will of man (which is what telepathy involves) but of the will of God. I just can't think of any right now.

With clarity on the word telepathy, I admit, it was the wrong word. I do not chose to speak as if directly to another with my own mind, I do however respond in thought when guided to do so that I learn to respond appropriately and have been diverted and/or discourage to act on my will. I do believe that the spirit does act on behalf of a person speaking as though I am directly bonded one on one with. In higher realms of prayer and meditation I do believe discipline is key and at times the Spirit accepts nothing less or out you go, lol...Live and learn. It's a reward that has no physical being, however it comes with authority and responsibility. God does what God chooses to do. We have to step out of the way and/or do as He commands. Second guessing can create chaos. All things I'm working on. One point I'd like to share is that when a man and a woman marry they become one, of one flesh. Even sin becomes both of their responsibility. Even the sexual experience is edified by God as He created it to be. One unit within His Spirit, within His Son, but separate. God is amazing. Thank you for your response...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AsperNinja

Mar 7, 2015
✟15,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
This started for me a few months ago. They called it the remnant and they are people I know but are all the way across the country. I stopped believing it was real and just figured that I have a mental illness.

It was like fellowship in the mind. I enjoyed it for awhile. I think possibly I’ve just been too secluded my whole life.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Word is indeed "a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Hebrews 4.12).

Upvote 0

Femina

Nov 4, 2016
Australia
✟15,752.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Jesus knew what they were thinking, and he said, "Why are you thinking this? [Luke 5:22]

Upvote 0

ilovefood123

May 21, 2018
PHOENIX
✟7,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

In

Upvote 0