• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Gospel of Jesus the Christ

Discussion in 'Exposition & Bible Study' started by BrotherJJ, Sep 26, 2020.

1. BrotherJJ

BrotherJJ Active Member

+153
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    The Gospel - Good News - Good Tidings.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: GOSPEL
    In the NT it denotes the "good tidings" of the Kingdom of God and of salvation through Christ, to be received by faith, on the basis of His expiatory death, His burial, resurrection, and ascension,

1 Cor 15:
    1 Moreover, brethren, "I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you", which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
    (NOTE parsing vs 1: "I/Paul declare, the GOSPEL, I preached to you")

2 "By which also ye are saved", if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
    (NOTE: parsing vs 1-2: I/Paul declare, the GOSPEL, I preached to you, "by which also ye are saved")

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how """that Christ died for our sins""" according to the scriptures;
    (NOTE: parsing vs 1-3: I/Paul declare, the GOSPEL, I preached to you, "by which also ye are saved" IS "that Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures)

4 And "that he was buried", "and that he rose again the third day"
    (NOTE: parsing vs 1-4: I/Paul declare, the GOSPEL, I preached to you, "by which also ye are saved" IS "that Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures & "and that Jesus rose from the grave on the 3rd day"

Recap: "the GOSPEL which I/Paul preached to you", "by which you are saved" IS "that Christ died for your sins (paying sins required wage/price =Death), that Jesus was buried (proof he died) & "that Jesus rose again on the 3rd day (Fathers receipt, sins required payment/wage PAID & ACCEPTED)

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    (NOTE: By GRACE we are saved >> thru faith)

Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
    (NOTE: GRACE has a name = Jesus!)

Rom 5:
    1 Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:
    (NOTE: Justified = Judicially declared RIGHTEOUS by a sovereign creator God)

2 By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.
    (NOTE: We access God's GRACE/Jesus sin atoning payment, thru faith, in/of Jesus faithful/obedient sin atoning work)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. d taylor

d taylor Well-Known Member

+1,779
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    Why no use of The Gospel of John, it is the only book of the Bible written specifically to tell people how to have life (Eternal Life).
    John 20:30,31