Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
are you saying to don't have a position?....
On what? War crimes? Whether or not we should target the families of known or suspected terrorists for execution?? I can't give you an answer if you keep asking really vague questions. Be specific.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
On what? War crimes? Whether or not we should target the families of known or suspected terrorists for execution?? I can't give you an answer if you keep asking really vague questions. Be specific.
Did you even read what was posted? I know it was from Wiki but still it is better than the nothing you have offered which is only your own opinion. What forms the rules of war? Nations is what forms them. And if you are not a nation or decide to operate outside those rules then what should you expect? If you hide behind human shields should you expect safety? If that were true then the world would be ruled by terrorists. Offer something better than the rules of war.....

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Did you even read what was posted? I know it was from Wiki but still it is better than the nothing you have offered which is only your own opinion. What forms the rules of war? Nations is what forms them. And if you are not a nation or decide to operate outside those rules then what should you expect? If you hide behind human shields should you expect safety? If that were true then the world would be ruled by terrorists. Offer something better than the rules of war.....
I thought I made it very clear that I disapprove of targeting civilians and children for extermination. Is that not a war crime? Should we intentionally target the families of terrorists for extermination?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Who has been targeting them?
Donald Trump would like us to and he's running for president. Have you even read this thread? It's in the OP. It's in the title!

GOP front-runner proposes committing war crimes to fight ISIS

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Donald Trump would like us to and he's running for president. Have you even read this thread? It's in the OP.
And Donald Trump has exactly how much military authority to order any such thing?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Right now? None.

Maybe we should keep it that way.
Make you a deal....if Donald Trump makes it to the general election I agree not to vote for him. If bernie sanders makes it to the general election, will you agree not to vote for him?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Make you a deal....if Donald Trump makes it to the general election I agree not to vote for him. If bernie sanders makes it to the general election, will you agree not to vote for him?
No. Why? Did Bernie Sanders propose committing war crimes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, one extreme is OK (if you agree with it) but the other is not?
Advocating for the commission of war crimes is not okay. What part of that do you not understand?

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
If you seriously think Trump's idea is a good one, you're sicker than he is. Don't most of you claim to follow the man who said "love your neighbor as yourself"? I don't remember any exceptions to that one...

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes and yes. 1899 is fairly recently in man's time on earth.

So you're saying that the barbarism of an ancient bronze age civilization is better than learning from that barbarism and becoming more aware of the crimes committed during a time of war?

Good grief...it's a "liberal" invention...everything you don't agree with is a "liberal" invention, right? Come on into the 21st century...

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The only reason you think it is extreme is how far to the right America is. Sanders would be center-left in most countries and considered a lunatic for supporting gun rights.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
The only reason you think it is extreme is how far to the right America is. Sanders would be center-left in most countries and considered a lunatic for supporting gun rights.
This is not most countries...thank God for that...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This is not most countries...thank God for that...
You might get to a lot faster here, considering the cost of healthcare. Ive actually seriously considered moving to another country when I get older if this isnt resolved by time I near retirement.

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/03/politics/donald-trump-dodges-questions-terrorist-families/
Trump suggested Wednesday morning on Fox News that as president he would order the killing of terrorists' families.

"You have to take out their families, when you get these terrorists, you have to take out their families. They care about their lives, don't kid yourself. When they say they don't care about their lives, you have to take out their families," Trump said Wednesday.

That Trump (and some others) has any credibility or popularity in the USA seems quite frightening to many on this side of the Atlantic.
Perhaps he could could restrain himself to Herodian standards and only kill the two-and-unders?

Chris

Upvote 0

Chris B

Old Newbie
Feb 15, 2015
UK
✟12,424.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
All's fair in love and war. It is high time to throw the rules out the window.

It's no time to do it.
All is not fair in war, unless you want to make yourself as dirty as your opponent, and possibly dirtier (if you go and naively believe all your own propaganda about the enemy.)
And since you think the enemy is foul, how would that be any sort of *win*?

There may be such a thing as a just war, but the case for there being a "good war" is far more dubious.

And to come out of a won war with a reputation for excessive and indiscriminate violence and an utter lack of mercy or compassion? There's the foundations of the next war already laid.

Chris.

Upvote 0