Mar 11, 2006
✟91,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Cynical? Yes, stupid? Not really. The mainstream media itself is dying out, quite literally. Liberals like to laugh about old people watching FOX, but MSNBC and CNN's age bracket are, at best, a decade younger. The problem isn't even that the media has people who lie, it is that they double down or do it so brazenly.

When I was young, Connie Chung got fired for lying to Gingrich's elder mother and telling her that the camera was off before recording something the old lady did not want to publicize. Even my parents, who were life-long Democrats, thought what she did was underhanded. Dan Rather got kicked to the curb for accepting false documents about Dubya.

These days, they wouldn't be fired, they'd be promoted. The old, legacy media has become a propaganda arm for whatever group their ideals align with. The story the big six media outlets is basically the story of Charles Foster Kane.

Uh-huh. You recognize that that whole diatribe was mere rhetoric, most of which was made up of non-sequitors (who said anything about the age of FOX viewers)? I'm betting you like your news the same way. Heavy on rhetoric light on substantiated facts?

I'm not going to defend MSNBC or CNN, but they are hardly a fraction of the entirety of "the media".

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

PeachyKeane

M.I.A.
Mar 11, 2006
✟91,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
This is one of my favorite reactions to it:

Laura Ingraham's tweet:

Laura Ingraham on Twitter

"Did anyone get his lunch money stolen today and then run to tell the recess monitor?"

Not only mocking a man who was physically assaulted, but children everywhere who are victims of bullying.

Mocking the victim, praising the bully. Welcome to Trump's America. Welcome to the Republican vision of Christianity.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I've got a fantastic idea! Let's just disband the media altogether, and we can have the government, under the White House decide what news we ought to know. Or, have a White House representative at every news agency that has final authority of what can be reported on a newscast, or printed in a paper. That way we know that whatever news we get is Trump-approved Truth (tm)! News that is not approved would be outlawed and punishable by jail time.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

GOP candidate allegedly 'body slams' Guardian reporter

You can't fault Gianforte for thinking that "body-slamming" would be considered acting in a "presidential" manner!

Now Gianforte will serve as an "albatross" hanging around the necks of House Republicans for the 2018 Midterms, and an ongoing embarrassment for the state of Montana!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟484,211.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, but the media in general has lied so much

Citation needed

But if the argument is "X in general has done a lot of lying therefore I can body slam them" it should be open season on any elected official. I doubt you really believe this, though, so why even bring it up?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I'm confused. Republican Christians of Montana help me out. My neighbor keeps asking me why I put my trash cans so close to his driveway, and I keep telling him that I don't put the cans there, the trash guys do. I figure the next time he asks I should just choke slam him (he's nerdy and weak, and I'm quite a bit bigger and stronger than he is). How does Jesus say I should physically assault this weakling for asking too many questions? Is a choke slam appropriate? Just a choke, or a bodyslam? Are weapons okay? Like bats or knives or something? I don't have a gun and wouldn't shoot him. I mean, I'm not running for office in a heavily Republican district.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,741.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
No, but the media in general has lied so much that we've reached the point where a politician can body slam a reporter, there be other reporters who witness it and audio of it, but people still doubt the truth of it. They've destroyed all credibility they once had.

Whataboutism - Wikipedia

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,738,795.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm confused. Republican Christians of Montana help me out. My neighbor keeps asking me why I put my trash cans so close to his driveway, and I keep telling him that I don't put the cans there, the trash guys do. I figure the next time he asks I should just choke slam him (he's nerdy and weak, and I'm quite a bit bigger and stronger than he is). How does Jesus say I should physically assault this weakling for asking too many questions? Is a choke slam appropriate? Just a choke, or a bodyslam? Are weapons okay? Like bats or knives or something? I don't have a gun and wouldn't shoot him. I mean, I'm not running for office in a heavily Republican district.
I believe most had voted by mail in ballot so their vote was already cast. And some local TV stations did not play the audio, but did report the initial denial by his campaign.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
I believe most had voted by mail in ballot so their vote was already cast. And some local TV stations did not play the audio, but did report the initial denial by his campaign.

So...would nunchucks be okay? WWWJU? What weapon would Jesus use?

I also discovered that after he took care of that nerdy little wimp ol' Greg Gianforte was showered with praise by his Christian allies. Which makes sense, he apparently spent a good portion of his campaign touting "Biblical Doctrine" and "Christian values" and then went and demonstrated to the nation what that meant. Then the Christian community at large confirmed them for us when he received hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of campaign donations over night.

How much money do you think those Christians would give me if I clubbed my neighbor for asking questions? Granted he's not a reporter. I think he's an accountant or something. But he also isn't white. That's got to be worth something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MrSpikey

Dec 1, 2015
UK
✟34,367.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Exactly what "cleansing purge'?
Are you speaking of a purge like Stalin or Hitler did? Murdering people?

HIR72 did offer an explanation for the "cleansing purge" comment in terms of the rapture.

I'm no expert, but should such a thing happen, then it would be a global event for all, with true believers being saved and others left for the coming tribulations.

Such an event would obviously end notions of things like national governments. So this does leave me wondering what HIR72 meant when he said:

"Score one for eliminating those who wish to destroy our great country"

This obviously wouldn't apply in rapture-related terms, since "great country" wouldn't be applicable, would it?

What kind of elimination are we speaking of here? Murdering people?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
HIR72 did offer an explanation for the "cleansing purge" comment in terms of the rapture.

I'm no expert, but should such a thing happen, then it would be a global event for all, with true believers being saved and others left for the coming tribulations.

Such an event would obviously end notions of things like national governments. So this does leave me wondering what HIR72 meant when he said:

"Score one for eliminating those who wish to destroy our great country"

This obviously wouldn't apply in rapture-related terms, since "great country" wouldn't be applicable, would it?

What kind of elimination are we speaking of here? Murdering people?

Odd. When you put it that way, it sort of sounds like he's suggesting that True, Rapture Ready Christians are trying to "destroy our great country."

Hmmm...that's kinda funny.

• Agree
Reactions: MrSpikey
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Sounds likeine some might appreciate this response from a pastor and Christian commentator to the Gianforte incident in which he claims we need a more violent Christianity.
Turning the other cheek is too old school
Christian Radio Host Commends Greg Gianforte: ‘We Need A More Violent Christianity’

Wow. I read his website. It has the language of ISIS recruiting only he is using Christianity. Happily I don't know any Christians like that but wow...

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are politicians taking some kind of supplement that increases aggressive behavior?

Alfonso A. "Poncho" Nevárez Sr. is a Democratic member of the Texas House of Representatives assaults and threatens life of Matt Rinaldi, TX representative. And evidently vise-versa.
attachment.php

Irving State Rep Threatens to Shoot Colleague, Call ICE on Protesters

Last edited:
Upvote 0