United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't particularly worship Fox News like those that eat anything up that CNN shovel out to them as truth.
If you don't know anyone who has that relationship with Fox, you're a very lucky person.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Having microphones and cameras thrust in your face is part of the job description for elected officials.
OK.
It can still be rude and aggressive.

I had a job where people would often curse and spit on me. It became expected. Still sucked.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
I'd call someone shoving anything in my face aggressive.
I wouldn't attack them for it.

If he did shove something in his face, it would technically be assault. And, if the camera person continued to *aggressively* put the object in his face to the point that it touches, then it goes toward battery. Technically, if you spit on someone you have committed assault at the least, and legal cases of attempted murder through this action of spitting have been made. Similarly with using clothes attached to you to assault someone, your finger, or fist.

I am not defending the politician, though. It seems like some nonviolent steps were skipped before he decided he could get away with body slamming another man.

Because, the misdemeanor charge likely won't stick if there is any demerit to come up against the reporter. The court of public opinion will go back into his childhood if they have to, and judge him for his first elementary school fight to justify the body slam.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Has this reporter claimed to be choked and thrown often?

No, but the media in general has lied so much that we've reached the point where a politician can body slam a reporter, there be other reporters who witness it and audio of it, but people still doubt the truth of it. They've destroyed all credibility they once had.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Score one for America. Score one for Strength. Score one for Freedom.
Do you cheer like this when children are bullied in school too? Do you see it as GOOD when someone strangles someone who is no threat against?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,796.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No, but the media in general has lied so much that we've reached the point where a politician can body slam a reporter, there be other reporters who witness it and audio of it, but people still doubt the truth of it. They've destroyed all credibility they once had.
Don't you see how that speaks MORE to the people who don't believe them than to reporters in general?

Honestly, there are some people who don't seem to trust anyone....like, literally a single person is worthy of the benefit of the doubt (except their pastor and a few of their friends from the church...no doubt). And that seems like such an ISIS mindset.

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Don't you see how that speaks MORE to the people who don't believe them than to reporters in general?

Honestly, there are some people who don't seem to trust anyone....like, literally a single person is worthy of the benefit of the doubt (except their pastor and a few of their friends from the church...no doubt).

Honestly, it's an indictment of both.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No the staff was lying. The reporters refuted the staff's claim.
During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act.

From the reporter/witness.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
During that conversation, another man — who we now know is Ben Jacobs of The Guardian — walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act.

From the reporter/witness.
Exactly, not shoving. Shoving is aggressive. Reporters refuted the staff's lie that Jacobs was aggressive.

Upvote 0

Apr 3, 2017
None
✟30,626.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Exactly, not shoving. Shoving is aggressive. Reporters refuted the staff's lie that Jacobs was aggressive.
Sounds reasonable.
May be some matter of semantics involved, but I see your point.

Upvote 0