JonFromMinnesota

Sep 3, 2015
Minnesota
✟52,766.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Two of the three newspapers that endorsed him just pulled their endorsements, and I suspect the third will follow suit.

What is the voting turnout expected to be? Do you think this incident leads to his loss? He was leading the polls, wasn't he?

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What is the voting turnout expected to be? Do you think this incident leads to his loss? He was leading the polls, wasn't he?
He was leading early, but the gap narrowed enough for many to think Quist could win.
The thing is there are already lots of absentee ballots in which in Montana can't be changed. But this could tip the scales to Quist. Tomorrow will be an interesting day

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wonder if we'll get audio of this, considering that in the story given Gianforte explicitly was said to be in possession of a voice recorder.

I'm guessing not though. For some reason documentation beyond hearsay seems to be mysteriously hard to come by in cases like this.

Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,307.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Wonder if we'll get audio of this, considering that in the story given Gianforte explicitly was said to be in possession of a voice recorder.

I'm guessing not though. For some reason documentation beyond hearsay seems to be mysteriously hard to come by in cases like this.
The audio was running on the news last night and this morning.
I see it's already been posted.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The audio is obviously truncated and does not cover the whole affair. In particular, all accounts describe Jacobs asking questions about health care legislation after producing the recorder, but this does not appear in the recording.

I have learned from the LiveAction videos that if even a second is cut from a recording, this means that it has been dishonestly edited and therefore cannot be trusted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The audio is obviously truncated and does not cover the whole affair. In particular, all accounts describe Jacobs asking questions about health care legislation after producing the recorder, but this does not appear in the recording.

I have learned from the LiveAction videos that if even a second is cut from a recording, this means that it has been dishonestly edited and therefore cannot be trusted.
You can hear the question about health care on the recording, at least in the version I heard.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

:rolleyes: We already have.

Upvote 0

pakicetus

Apr 11, 2015
✟89,017.00
Country
Faroe Islands
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Here's the transcript with links to the audio including the health care question.
A Transcript of the Greg Gianforte ‘Body-Slam’ Audio
Plus this is how three Fox News reporters who witnessed it described what happened:

[Ben Jacobs] of the Guardian walked into the room with a voice recorder, put it up to Gianforte's face and began asking if he had a response to the newly released Congressional Budget Office report on the American Health Care Act. Gianforte told him he would get to him later. Jacobs persisted with his question. Gianforte told him to talk to his press guy, Shane Scanlon.

At that point, Gianforte grabbed Jacobs by the neck with both hands and slammed him into the ground behind him. Faith, Keith and I watched in disbelief as Gianforte then began punching the reporter. As Gianforte moved on top of Jacobs, he began yelling something to the effect of, "I'm sick and tired of this!"

Jacobs scrambled to his knees and said something about his glasses being broken. He asked Faith, Keith and myself for our names. In shock, we did not answer. Jacobs then said he wanted the police called and went to leave. Gianforte looked at the three of us and repeatedly apologized. At that point, I told him and Scanlon, who was now present, that we needed a moment. The men then left.

To be clear, at no point did any of us who witnessed this assault see Jacobs show any form of physical aggression toward Gianforte, who left the area after giving statements to local sheriff's deputies.

Fox News is a reactionary organization that half of Republicans say is their main news source. I don't think three Fox News reporters would lie to hurt a Republican candidate.

Last edited:
Upvote 0