Google's Racist Hiring Practices

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟492,587.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What does that mean? I think I'll do a Google search and click on some ads while I'm at it.
A shocking display of a lack of latin language proficiency and knowledge about roman history if I've ever seen one.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Cool, I must be Marxist then. The picture on the right seems like a much fairer way to run a society.

If you think taking from one group and giving to another to equalize outcomes is "fair"...then, sure...it's fair lol.

You might notice that in the picture the shorter kid isn't lazier, dumber or more irresponsible, he was just born shorter.

You may also notice the tall kid had his box taken from him.

I'd rather like to live in a society where being born a certain way doesn't mean you get to spend the rest of your life staring at a blank wall.

Well unfortunately, that society will never exist. There will always be smart, beautiful, or strong people and they'll always have advantages.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If you think taking from one group and giving to another to equalize outcomes is "fair"...then, sure...it's fair lol.

Well unfortunately, that society will never exist. There will always be smart, beautiful, or strong people and they'll always have advantages.

Yes I think it’s fair to distribute societies assets in a way that helps everyone not just a few. Rich people build their fortunes using the infrastructure paid for by everyone, employing people on fairly low wages and sell their products to a market that only exists because of us being an advanced and wealthy society. High rates of taxes should be extremely high, just like they used to be in both the US and UK back in the days when prosperity and the middle classes were booming. This frankly stupid ideology that says that no one should take away any of the rich people’s money is an embarrassement. It leads to a horrid society, it helps no one but a handful of rich people and the biggest embarrassment of all is that normal working people keep getting suckered into supporting it. Because obviously you’re all going to be millionaires one day too..

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes I think it’s fair to distribute societies assets in a way that helps everyone not just a few.

I happen to agree...to a point. If you equalize outcomes between everyone, then you've removed the motivation to work hard, to innovate, to strive for something better. If the man who makes a tremendous effort will have the same outcomes as the man who makes no effort...then pretty quickly you'll have a society where no one makes an effort, or at most makes the minimal effort required and nothing more. Long before you reach that point...society collapses.

Rich people build their fortunes using the infrastructure paid for by everyone, employing people on fairly low wages and sell their products to a market that only exists because of us being an advanced and wealthy society.

It's worth noting that rich men who build their fortunes also have taken risks. If we were to create a society where we remove the incentive for those risks...then people inevitably stop taking them. That eventually leads to stagnation...and collapse. This is part of the reason Marxism has never succeeded...it's either inherently optimistic about human nature, or incredibly ignorant of it.

High rates of taxes should be extremely high, just like they used to be in both the US and UK back in the days when prosperity and the middle classes were booming.

I think the loopholes that the very wealthy use to avoid paying taxes should be closed...and perhaps the subsidizing of development and testing should stop, unless we redistribute a significant portion of the product profits back to the people. That, and perhaps an upper limit on what can be inherited...or an upper limit on personal income...but I don't pretend to know what these percentages should be.

This frankly stupid ideology that says that no one should take away any of the rich people’s money is an embarrassement. It leads to a horrid society, it helps no one but a handful of rich people and the biggest embarrassment of all is that normal working people keep getting suckered into supporting it. Because obviously you’re all going to be millionaires one day too..

Well, I don't know of anyone who claims there shouldn't be any taxes except for maybe anarchists...and they aren't too bright anyway. As for a "horrid" society....I can think of many that are far worse, and I think people take for granted the benefits our current model has created.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,748.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Dear abby,
if my boy is no longer playing with his toy and his sister needs it for something i take it from him and give it to her.

Am i unwittingly raising a communist?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Dear abby,
if my boy is no longer playing with his toy and his sister needs it for something i take it from him and give it to her.

Am i unwittingly raising a communist?

I guess that's supposed to be a joke? Don't quit your day job rambot...

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I happen to agree...to a point. If you equalize outcomes between everyone, then you've removed the motivation to work hard, to innovate, to strive for something better. If the man who makes a tremendous effort will have the same outcomes as the man who makes no effort...then pretty quickly you'll have a society where no one makes an effort, or at most makes the minimal effort required and nothing more. Long before you reach that point...society collapses.

It's worth noting that rich men who build their fortunes also have taken risks. If we were to create a society where we remove the incentive for those risks...then people inevitably stop taking them. That eventually leads to stagnation...and collapse. This is part of the reason Marxism has never succeeded...it's either inherently optimistic about human nature, or incredibly ignorant of it.

I think the loopholes that the very wealthy use to avoid paying taxes should be closed...and perhaps the subsidizing of development and testing should stop, unless we redistribute a significant portion of the product profits back to the people. That, and perhaps an upper limit on what can be inherited...or an upper limit on personal income...but I don't pretend to know what these percentages should be.

Wow. I basically agree with everything you said. :)

Well, I don't know of anyone who claims there shouldn't be any taxes except for maybe anarchists...and they aren't too bright anyway. As for a "horrid" society....I can think of many that are far worse, and I think people take for granted the benefits our current model has created.

I was referring to the sadly all too common ‘taxation is theft’ group of libertarian conservatives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟436,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Wow. I basically agree with everything you said. :)

I was referring to the sadly all too common ‘taxation is theft’ group of libertarian conservatives.

That's the thing about being moderate...people tend to only notice your politics when you disagree with them lol.

I'm about as big a fan of libertarians as I am communists....it's a similar problem they share though, a fundamental misunderstanding of the human condition (or flagrant disregard of it, hard to tell sometimes).

• Agree
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0