Google collects a frightening amount of data about you. You can find and delete it now

waves

not so new
Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
✟94,770.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Google might collect far more personal data about its users than you might even realize. The company records every search you perform and every YouTube video you watch. Whether you have an iPhone ($699 at Apple) or an Android, Google Maps logs everywhere you go, the route you use to get there and how long you stay -- even if you never open the app. When you look closer at everything Google knows about you, the results can be eye-opening, and maybe even a little unsettling. Thankfully, there's something you can do about it.

Google collects a frightening amount of data about you. You can find and delete it now

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Brightmoon goes to family houses . Brightmoon goes to a movie. Brightmoon goes to work and shopping .Brightmoon hangs out. If my rather boring life is so fascinating to google then maybe I should wait for the movie :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Iirc recently this tendency of google to track people cleared an innocent man of murder as he was no where in the vicinity when it occurred. It has its good points and it’s bad

• Informative
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟837,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Brightmoon goes to family houses . Brightmoon goes to a movie. Brightmoon goes to work and shopping .Brightmoon hangs out. If my rather boring life is so fascinating to google then maybe I should wait for the movie :rolleyes:

Google- What in the world does Public Hermit do?

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I usually go the other way and provide false information. Some amount of data will be collected no matter what. There's no hope of stopping all of it. But you can taint a lot of it with nonsense and wrong information. It's best to use blatantly, egregiously wrong information. Doing so gets noticed by somebody, which diminishes the value Big Tech can get from selling that stuff.

When victory is impossible, use defeat to your advantage.

• Useful
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Even though I found this useful, I just thought of something, though. It apparently went over my head at the time, that this only has to do with Smartphones. Some of us though, we don't use Smartphones to access our Gmail accounts, nor our YouTube accounts, nor do we use Smartphones to search Google, we use our personal computers to do those things, and that any apps relating to Smartphones would not even be present on our PCs.

• Informative
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can remove the app but your phone still has to find where the signal is coming from and it needs to know where it is to do that

That for sure makes perfect sense. I now clearly see what you were ultimately meaning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟918,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Everything tracks everyone these days. It's not just Google. Dont like it dont use the internet. Or your phone. Or your television. Just live like a hermit. But even then your local government is tracking you each and every second of everyday. It isn't hard for you to be located and known these days. Especially if you have a name as unique as mine, I'm literally the only one in the world. Especially with my last name becoming more and more uncommon after my grandparents recently passing away. I just learn to live with it really. It's impossible to live a secret quiet life anymore. Everybody can track you somehow or someway. Even many members of anonymous get caught eventually. Just a fact of living in these technologically advanced times.

Upvote 0