• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Google Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcb

May 4, 2006
California
✟8,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This might be somewhat off topic, but is anybody else getting that google ad on this site titled "Are you going to burn in hell" with a link that you can take a quiz? I found it offensive and wrote to google asking for its removal, explaining that this is a support group for Christians who struggle with their faith (or perhaps more accurately stated, struggle with feeling worthy of God's acceptance) and this scare tactic to try to get a site visit is totally inappropriate.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen this ad and what response you had, if any. I won't go the the website, except maybe to tell them that scare tactices are not good evangialism in my view and certainly not good advertising, invading a vulnerable group of people.

My ocd has caused me to take the "heaven or hell" quiz enough and I am not going to play that game, especially in response to an intrusive advertisement.

Thanks for your time. God bless.

Marc

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This might be somewhat off topic, but is anybody else getting that google ad on this site titled "Are you going to burn in hell" with a link that you can take a quiz? I found it offensive and wrote to google asking for its removal, explaining that this is a support group for Christians who struggle with their faith (or perhaps more accurately stated, struggle with feeling worthy of God's acceptance) and this scare tactic to try to get a site visit is totally inappropriate.

I was just wondering if anyone has seen this ad and what response you had, if any. I won't go the the website, except maybe to tell them that scare tactices are not good evangialism in my view and certainly not good advertising, invading a vulnerable group of people.

My ocd has caused me to take the "heaven or hell" quiz enough and I am not going to play that game, especially in response to an intrusive advertisement.

Marc
Wow! really Marc - so far I haven't seen it but if I had my reaction to it would certainly be the same as yours. Also your comment about taking "the quiz" is so true. I've taken it many times myself but according to my OCD "maybe I should take it just one more time in order to be really sure."
If I see it I'll probably respond to it in the same way you have.
Mitzi

Upvote 0

gracealone

Apr 5, 2007
Michigan
✟18,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wow! really Marc - so far I haven't seen it but if I had my reaction to it would certainly be the same as yours. Also your comment about taking "the quiz" is so true. I've taken it many times myself but according to my OCD "maybe I should take it just one more time in order to be really sure."
If I see it I'll probably respond to it in the same way you have.
Mitzi
PS. Just saw it... (in case you're OCD suggested to you that this might be something only you can see.... some sort of ominous sign.... I'm kidding). I sent a note requesting that they remove it from our forum site explaining that it is hurtful and insensitive to post it on the site.
Hope others will do the same.
Mitzi

Upvote 0

Boxers1

Jan 11, 2007
✟15,245.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw this too...I did some exposure/therapy for a second with it and then I was really annoyed too that this ad would pop up here...Ridiculous, immature and inapproriate. I really hope the forum can get that removed, but until then, we will have to "mock it" so it doesn't bother us...
Boxers1

Marc

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.