Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You hear it all the time; I am just trying to good; the best I can.

Have you ever read this scripture?

10 as it is written:

“None is righteous, no, not one;
11 no one understands;
no one seeks for God.
12 All have turned aside; together they have become worthless;
no one does good,
not even one.”

Do you still do good things that are right in your own mind? Does that make us good in accordance to who God is?
Are we able to get to God based on the works we do, or is by and through the Son of God Jesus Christ, who is the way, the truth, and the life?

Do you believe you are good?

I know I am not good and am imperfect and am in need of a Saviour; God pulls us out of the darkness of this world into the light of the kingdom of His Son by and through faith and trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the light of all mankind; who is compassionate towards other no matter their situations; Jesus Christ heals those who are spiritually weak; by and through the encouragement of what He teaches and speaks about.

My encouragement; Go and seek what the bible says about what Jesus Christ has to say; listen to him; but also remember that this is a story that was in the past, and pay close attention to the words you are reading; and who is being spoken to. Because I believe all of books of the bible are God breathed; written by men who had the holy spirit; and they wrote what they did. This is a history of the past; and the things that happened in the past, and their is great value of wisdom found in the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption,

2 Timothy 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Mark 6: 47When evening came, the boat was in the middle of the sea, and Jesus was alone on land. 48He could see that the disciples were straining to row, because the wind was against them. About the fourth watch of the night,g Jesus went out to them, walking on the sea. He intended to pass by them, 49but when they saw Him walking on the sea, they cried out, thinking He was a ghost— 50for they all saw Him and were terrified.

But Jesus spoke up at once: “Take courage! It is I. Do not be afraid.” 51Then He climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. And the disciples were utterly astounded, 52for they had not understood about the loaves, but their hearts had been hardened.

Colossians 1:
9For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of His will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, 10 so that you may walk in a manner worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, 11being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have full endurance and patience, and joyfully 12giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.

13He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of His beloved Son, 14in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

Reactions: Subdood

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You hear it all the time; I am just trying to good; the best I can.

Have you ever read this scripture?....

Many people are confused about how good they are. Those whom Jesus said know how to give good gifts, He called 'evil.' Many people compare themselves with Hitler, and pat themselves on the back, thinking "I'm basically a good person," and expect a "well done" on the day of judgment. They should be comparing themselves with Jesus, noticing how far they fall short, especially in times of crisis when their fear, anger, and conceit get the best of them.

Upvote 0

GallagherM

Jun 13, 2021
Fyffe
✟13,469.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello @tdidymas; That is why it is a great reminder of how we are can not make ourselves good enough to be able to approach God. All humans have been tainted with sin since the fall of Adam. Though because of the Goodness of God in what He had done for all people by sending the Lord Jesus Christ to pay for that sin that Adam has caused so long ago that we can be free from the bondage of sin; and made alive spiritually from our spiritually dead state by looking towards God, and the Lord Jesus Christ and to grow in knowledge and learn about them to help us by and through the spirit which is received when we believe, and trust, and seek after God.

It doesn't make us better than anyone; because every single human being is in need of the Lord Jesus Christ; I believe that God is calling to people to look towards Him and to come the understanding and truth about the Lord Jesus Christ.

In having an attitude of having love for God, and having love for our fellow Man.

Even as believing Christians we make mistakes in our life and when those mistakes happen of failing to love God or failing to love our fellow man happens; The access to God is there by and through the Lord Jesus Christ whom is the truth, the way, and the life that we can go to God and cast our burdens and cares upon Him and that we can understand it is not our goodness but the Goodness of God seen by and through the Lord Jesus Christ that helps us to call out to the Father in heaven because of the compassion, mercy, and understanding the Son of God had shown towards others by looking and seeing what the Gospels have to say and show us about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your comment.

Upvote 0