KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I've been learning how to cook things lately, and am looking to actually put together a meal plan instead of jumping around in what I make.

Is there anyone who could contribute some good vegetarian recipes that I could use to outline a meal plan? :)

I recently learned how to make a very healthy version of refried beans and also some Spanish rice. It turned out great, and I got a lot of fiber and protein from the beans alone. But so far these are the only things I know how to make...

The only requirements that I need are:

Needs to have relatively simple ingredients that are easy to find and that I can use in many dishes.
Needs to be able to last two or three days in the fridge and reheated.
Needs to avoid processed ingredients if possible

I'm also looking for foods that veer more to the side of savory than sweet!

Thanks in advance for any help :D

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Well, I tried making another dish today, and it turned out OK.

It was a stir fry with brown rice, chopped carrots, snap peas, soy beans, and lots of mung bean sprouts. Only added about one tablespoon of olive oil, and a tablespoon or two of teriyaki and soy sauce.

I ate a whole bowl of it, and the flavor was very good, but I can't help feel that it was "missing" something that could have made it even better.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :) Still looking for good meal ideas so I can vary my diet while still getting in some good nutrition.

Upvote 0

TheOtherHockeyMom

Contributor
Jul 9, 2008
✟14,889.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well, I tried making another dish today, and it turned out OK.

It was a stir fry with brown rice, chopped carrots, snap peas, soy beans, and lots of mung bean sprouts. Only added about one tablespoon of olive oil, and a tablespoon or two of teriyaki and soy sauce.

I ate a whole bowl of it, and the flavor was very good, but I can't help feel that it was "missing" something that could have made it even better.

Does anyone have any suggestions? :) Still looking for good meal ideas so I can vary my diet while still getting in some good nutrition.

I'd add mushrooms to a dish like that, they've got a texture that I think might satisfy that 'missing something' feeling with rice dishes.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'd add mushrooms to a dish like that, they've got a texture that I think might satisfy that 'missing something' feeling with rice dishes.

Thanks for the suggestion :) I do like mushrooms but they tend to be very expensive so I have to use them sparingly.

I'm afraid I'll have to cut the stir fry out too, because both times I've made it, it didn't sit well.

Back to rice and beans I guess! :p

Upvote 0
C

claramatt

I know a vegetarian salad full of fresh veggies and it tastes delicious. You just need some fresh spring onions, tomatoes, parsley and fenugreek leaves. Chop all these nicely, then add salt, cumin powder and mix well. Now heat 1 tbsp oil and add mustard sees and let them splutter. Now add this tampering to the above mix and enjoy with any dish of your choice.

Upvote 0