Good night! Our God is watching over you!

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For those who are weary and in need of strength,for those who are sick and in need of healing,we pray tonight. Give them healing sleep and a good start tomorrow
Good Night all!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I join in prayer for the sick and weary, a dear friend from our care team has just died. We have not been in the care homes since February but our retired priest has been visiting and chatting through the window regularly every week.
Good night dear friends may we all sleep well tonight in Jesus's precious name :praying:

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For those who are lonely and hard pressed,for those who are burdened and sorrowful we pray tonight. May God be their help and hope in Jesus' name. Good Night friends!

I pray with you, Dear Father comfort the suffering, may they find hope in you.
Goodnight dear friends, I pray for a good night's sleep tonight for us all in Jesus's precious name :praying:

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Tonight I am listening to improvisations on the flute. Around the millennium, I went to an evening service at Bradford Cathedral where a lady played a solo improvisation on the flute which combined with the acoustics of the building was so serene and peaceful. It truly is music to relax to in the evening!

Praying that all those needing comfort tonight will be comforted.

Lord Jesus, when your disciple were tossed and tormented by a terrifying storm, you came to them with great calm, and they were safe. Speak peace, we pray you, to those who are in agony of mind or body, that even when pain and fatigue threatens to overwhelm them, they may find rest to their souls and to their bodies grant them to drink deeply of the fountain of life that is in you and that gives hope and healing evermore. Amen.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Tonight I am listening to improvisations on the flute. Around the millennium, I went to an evening service at Bradford Cathedral where a lady played a solo improvisation on the flute which combined with the acoustics of the building was so serene and peaceful. It truly is music to relax to in the evening!

Praying that all those needing comfort tonight will be comforted.

Lord Jesus, when your disciple were tossed and tormented by a terrifying storm, you came to them with great calm, and they were safe. Speak peace, we pray you, to those who are in agony of mind or body, that even when pain and fatigue threatens to overwhelm them, they may find rest to their souls and to their bodies grant them to drink deeply of the fountain of life that is in you and that gives hope and healing evermore. Amen.
Love the flute, my daughter plays flute, as well as piano,
God bless

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Just looking out at the night sky tonight. Was supposed to witnessing the launch of the SpaceX rocket which was supposed to be visible from the UK at 2150hrs. But nothing to be seen and just found that it had been postponed anyway - doh! Anyway, here is a photo I took of the moon!

Screenshot from 2020-05-27 21-54-54.png

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Just looking out at the night sky tonight. Was supposed to witnessing the launch of the SpaceX rocket which was supposed to be visible from the UK at 2150hrs. But nothing to be seen and just found that it had been postponed anyway - doh! Anyway, here is a photo I took of the moon!

View attachment 277744

that's lovely, no wonder! i couldn't see the space rocket either :)

The peace of God,
and of Christ,
and of the Holy Spirit,
be upon us,
for evermore.

ec8b318ea1de5444764013d25a65ff6b.jpg

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I've been reading through one of my treasured books - the St Augustine Prayer Book. There is lots of wisdom in there for Christian living and there are prayers for all seasons. One that caught my attention tonight is the Litany for Intercession in the Night. It's one of those prayers when I read it out, I myself feel stirred and challenged by it.

O God our Father, for the sake of the infinite love that burned in the heart of they Son as He bore His passion, we plead for all tonight who stand most in need of thy merciful love and protection.

Try my heart, as you visit me by night. For the wrongs we have committed and the good we have left undone, have mercy. For all false judgments and uncharitable thoughts toward others, have mercy. For presumption on thy grace and arrogance towards others, have mercy.

By thy humility in washing the disciples' feet, save us, Jesus. For those in darkness this night, save us, Jesus.

On souls beset by temptation, have mercy. On those in deadly sin, have mercy. On those given up to worldliness and forgetful of thee, have mercy. On those who are in danger of losing thee forever, have mercy.

By thine agony, save them, Jesus.

Those who are tempting others, convert to thy love. On those carrying on wicked trades and profiting by sin, have mercy. On those indulging in sinful and exploitative amusements, have mercy. On all imperiling their souls by luxury and self-indulgence, have mercy. On all acting in cruel and viscous disregard of others, have mercy.

By thy scourging, save them, Jesus.

Those who suffer from the wickedness of others, protect and restore by thy love.

On all without home and shelter this night, have mercy. On refugees and those whose homes are destroyed in war, have mercy. On children abandoned or disowned by their families, have mercy. On all in mental anguish, have mercy. On those caught in addiction and destructive habits, have mercy. On the hungry, the cold, and the frightened, have mercy. By thy cross and passion, save them, Jesus.

Those who are out to rescue and protect, strengthen by thy Love. For those who work through the night hours, have mercy. For the police and first responders in crisis, have mercy. For those in transportation, have mercy. For journalists, have mercy. For those who clean and repair buildings or infrastructure, have mercy. For all whose work sustains our community, have mercy.

By thy nights spent watching in prayer, save them, Jesus.

To those who work or watch or weep this night, sustain with thy presence.

To the sick and the suffering, and all in agony of body or mind, give comfort and peace.

To parents watching with sleepless children, to caregivers tending the elderly, to all who stand and watch other others this night, give patience and steadfastness.

For the sleepless and the lonely, be near them. For those in anxiety or mental distress, calm them. For those who this night will suffer bereavement, visit and sustain them.

For those who will die this night, give home and in thy mercy receive their souls. On those dying suddenly and unprepared, have mercy. On those dying without hope or faith, have mercy. On those dying alone, have mercy.
To the faithful departed, especially those who have passed on this year, and any for whom no one prays, grant light and peace. To us sinners, now and in the hour of our death, grant pardon of sins, renewal of faith, quickening of love, and a reasonable and holy hope in thee. By thy holy death, deliver us, Jesus. By thy glorious resurrection, save us and bring us all to the joys of paradise.

For those who have said no prayers, and for whom no one has prayed, let us say: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
that's lovely, no wonder! i couldn't see the space rocket either :)

The peace of God,
and of Christ,
and of the Holy Spirit,
be upon us,
for evermore.

ec8b318ea1de5444764013d25a65ff6b.jpg
Apparently they're planning to take off on Saturday now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've been reading through one of my treasured books - the St Augustine Prayer Book. There is lots of wisdom in there for Christian living and there are prayers for all seasons. One that caught my attention tonight is the Litany for Intercession in the Night. It's one of those prayers when I read it out, I myself feel stirred and challenged by it.

O God our Father, for the sake of the infinite love that burned in the heart of they Son as He bore His passion, we plead for all tonight who stand most in need of thy merciful love and protection.

Try my heart, as you visit me by night. For the wrongs we have committed and the good we have left undone, have mercy. For all false judgments and uncharitable thoughts toward others, have mercy. For presumption on thy grace and arrogance towards others, have mercy.

By thy humility in washing the disciples' feet, save us, Jesus. For those in darkness this night, save us, Jesus.

On souls beset by temptation, have mercy. On those in deadly sin, have mercy. On those given up to worldliness and forgetful of thee, have mercy. On those who are in danger of losing thee forever, have mercy.

By thine agony, save them, Jesus.

Those who are tempting others, convert to thy love. On those carrying on wicked trades and profiting by sin, have mercy. On those indulging in sinful and exploitative amusements, have mercy. On all imperiling their souls by luxury and self-indulgence, have mercy. On all acting in cruel and viscous disregard of others, have mercy.

By thy scourging, save them, Jesus.

Those who suffer from the wickedness of others, protect and restore by thy love.

On all without home and shelter this night, have mercy. On refugees and those whose homes are destroyed in war, have mercy. On children abandoned or disowned by their families, have mercy. On all in mental anguish, have mercy. On those caught in addiction and destructive habits, have mercy. On the hungry, the cold, and the frightened, have mercy. By thy cross and passion, save them, Jesus.

Those who are out to rescue and protect, strengthen by thy Love. For those who work through the night hours, have mercy. For the police and first responders in crisis, have mercy. For those in transportation, have mercy. For journalists, have mercy. For those who clean and repair buildings or infrastructure, have mercy. For all whose work sustains our community, have mercy.

By thy nights spent watching in prayer, save them, Jesus.

To those who work or watch or weep this night, sustain with thy presence.

To the sick and the suffering, and all in agony of body or mind, give comfort and peace.

To parents watching with sleepless children, to caregivers tending the elderly, to all who stand and watch other others this night, give patience and steadfastness.

For the sleepless and the lonely, be near them. For those in anxiety or mental distress, calm them. For those who this night will suffer bereavement, visit and sustain them.

For those who will die this night, give home and in thy mercy receive their souls. On those dying suddenly and unprepared, have mercy. On those dying without hope or faith, have mercy. On those dying alone, have mercy.
To the faithful departed, especially those who have passed on this year, and any for whom no one prays, grant light and peace. To us sinners, now and in the hour of our death, grant pardon of sins, renewal of faith, quickening of love, and a reasonable and holy hope in thee. By thy holy death, deliver us, Jesus. By thy glorious resurrection, save us and bring us all to the joys of paradise.

For those who have said no prayers, and for whom no one has prayed, let us say: Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.

Thank you so much, I have prayed it too, so powerful

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
From my Walsingham prayer book

Stay with me, o stay, my Jesus
from the morning light.
Stay with me till twilight shadows
deepen into night.
Stay with me from life's bright morning
till her shaded eve.
Friend, and King, and Master Jesus,
all my love receive.

May the Lord keep you all safe tonight and grant you His peace.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
:praying:
From my Walsingham prayer book

Stay with me, o stay, my Jesus
from the morning light.
Stay with me till twilight shadows
deepen into night.
Stay with me from life's bright morning
till her shaded eve.
Friend, and King, and Master Jesus,
all my love receive.

May the Lord keep you all safe tonight and grant you His peace.
Yes, stay with me sweet Saviour :praying:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
✟775,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
"Ah Lord God! It is you who made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you" (Jeremiah 32:17 NRSV)

As we approach the end of another busy day, with our uncompleted tasks and unfulfilled dreams, let us remember that we are praying to the Lord who is capable of accomplishing anything, even the impossible.

He is our Lord who turned water into wine (John 2:9)
He is our Lord who turned our scarlet sins into the whitest of snow (Isaiah 1:18).
He is our Lord who turns all our weaknesses into His opportunities (2 Corinthians 12:9).

Whatever seems impossible to us is always possible with God. For the Christian who believes, there is no such word as "can't". We can do all things through Him who strengthens us (Philippians 4:13).

As our heads hit the pillow this evening, let's cast all our burdens onto the Lord.
He is listening.
He cares
and He is able.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes, he listens, he cares and he is able.

May the Father of life pour out his grace on you;
May you feel his hand in everything you do
And be strengthened by the things he brings you through,
This is my prayer for you.
Celtic daily prayer
Goodnight dear friends

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Good Night from me and God bless you through this night
God bless you too, may the Lord grant us all healing sleep tonight in Jesus's precious name

• Prayers
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Good Night dear friend. God has blessed us with a sunny day in UK. May He give us sleep and rest this night and may we awake refreshed in the morni.ng
Goodnight, I read the threads and I know I have a copy of a John Lake book ... somewhere. I must sort out my book shelves, and the heaps of books. I do love to have lots of books around. :)
God bless us all with healing sleep tonight in Jesus's name

Upvote 0