Good night! Our God is watching over you!

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Goodnight dear friends a good day today, slept a lot today, didn't sleep last night too well.
I pray for all my friends to sleep tonight in Jesus name

• Prayers
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
In the UK the day is coming to a close. The sun is going down and twilight falls. Hope you have had a good day. Am aware that there are many different time zones around the world,but whether your day is ending or beginning or you are part way through,be assured that God is with you and we are praying for you and yours. To those who need a touch from the LORD we are praying for you. You are not alone. Call upon Him now and cast your cares upon the LORD. Rest in His love.

What is this "touch from the LORD" that you speak of?

• Friendly
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
What is this "touch from the LORD" that you speak of?
A touch from the Lord is a wonderful experience, a spiritual experience in my case, to feel the arms of the Lord around me and holding me was overwhelming ...

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
A touch from the Lord is a wonderful experience, a spiritual experience in my case, to feel the arms of the Lord around me and holding me was overwhelming ...

How do you know it was God who gave you that feeling?

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How do you know it was God who gave you that feeling?
You remember that beautiful description of the Spirit’s move Jesus gave concerning His appearing?

“The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound,
but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

(John 3:8)​

God rewards the patient and expectant heart. Thank God for those times of instances surrounding His diverse overshadowing touch. To explain the where and how are as He said, like trying to define the movement of wind. :)

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing
in the heavenly realms.”

"And has raised us up together, and made us sit
together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus”

(Ephesians 1:3, Ephesians 2:6)​

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You remember that beautiful description of the Spirit’s move Jesus gave concerning His appearing?

God rewards the patient and expectant heart. Thank God for those times of instances surrounding His diverse overshadowing touch. To explain the where and how are as He said, like trying to define the movement of wind. :)

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing
in the heavenly realms.”

"And has raised us up together, and made us sit
together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus”

(Ephesians 1:3, Ephesians 2:6)​
That is perfect explanation, rock,
My experience was in a prayerful Church service, the worship was heartfelt, and I felt totally blessed. I would say I know my Father's presence...

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others

In that verse, Jesus is speaking of regeneration, not of feeling spontaneous, subjective, toasty warmness.

To be redeemed, people must be born anew. Jesus tries to make his meaning clear by an example. The wind blows where it chooses. The why of nature's laws are unknown, just as it's impossible for mere humanity to grasp God's power.

The wind's blowing is done in independence of anyone's will. No one can fix its direction.

And just so it's with the working of God's Spirit. Regeneration's process can't be ascertained by the senses' application. That's a God-mystery.

Only the results are apparent. The regenerated person shows a different manner than before. What they shunned before they now seek. And what they loved before they now hate. They're a new, a different person, all by the Spirit's power.

As the wind's free, so also the Spirit. As the wind comforts, drives, moves and penetrates everything, so it's also with the Spirit's working.

☆ We're bound by the means which the Spirit has given us. We must use her Word and Sacrament to obtain her grace's gifts. ☆

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Toastie warmness? You should be careful...I Thank my Lord for the blessing received that night, not to be dismissed in an arrogant fashion. I leave you with the Lord

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
In that verse, Jesus is speaking of regeneration, not of feeling spontaneous, subjective, toasty warmness.
Let's be fair, He didn't say either, doesn't mean either was not included, which in fact you are right, regeneration is an assumption that is sound just as well as His Spirit's move like "a mighty wind", Hallelujah!

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Toastie warmness? You should be careful...I Thank my Lord for the blessing received that night, not to be dismissed in an arrogant fashion. I leave you with the Lord

Hmm... "...a wonderful experience, a spiritual experience in my case, to feel the arms of the Lord around me and holding me was overwhelming ..." sounds like toasty warmness to me.

No actual comment on the proper exegesis of the text?

Upvote 0

Ttalkkugjil

Social Pastor
Mar 6, 2019
Suwon
✟34,572.00
Country
Korea, Republic Of
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Let's be fair, He didn't say either, doesn't mean either was not included, which in fact you are right, regeneration is an assumption that is sound just as well as His Spirit's move like "a mighty wind", Hallelujah!

Jesus was clearly addressing the issue of regeneration. Context is everything.

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Jesus was clearly addressing the issue of regeneration. Context is everything.
Why tunnel through with one of His characteristics? Are you shielding something?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hmm... "...a wonderful experience, a spiritual experience in my case, to feel the arms of the Lord around me and holding me was overwhelming ..." sounds like toasty warmness to me.

No actual comment on the proper exegesis of the text?

Hello Ttalkkugjil. You have made some positive contributions to the forums and I have enjoyed reading your posts. If you will forgive me for saying so, I felt your comment to musicalpilgrim was inappropriate as the purpose of this thread is to help and support people who need words of encouragement to help them sleep better at night. Christian theology is often a very controversial subject and on this thread we were hoping to steer away from just that. You will see from our other posts that our focus has been on supporting and encouraging one another. Here we share scriptures, prayers and discuss our own personal journeys to encourage, bless and comfort one another at the end of each day. We have our own experiences and we are more than happy to listen to yours.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Good night and God bless dear ones.See you in the morning! Clocks forward one hour tonight! British Summertime.
And very much looking forward to the extra hour of sunlight in the evening. The days are getting longer now, and hopefully will be getting warmer too!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
And very much looking forward to the extra hour of sunlight in the evening. The days are getting longer now, and hopefully will be getting warmer too!
Anthony, you are a real blessing...
Dear Father bless and grant us a good night's sleep tonight in Jesus name

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0