• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Good News

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Al Masihi, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Al Masihi

Al Masihi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,304
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    • Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,090
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Unsurprising, but good.

3. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+1,883
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Nothing to guarantee things will stay that way if they start getting pressure from worshipers.

Would you be ok worshiping in a church with walls full of Islamic texts even if they were covered by curtains ?

4. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,090
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Well, they did use it as a mosque for centuries without destroying the icons.

5. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+14,240
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I guess that's news that's as good as can be.

6. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+1,547
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
  7. Jonathan Walkerin

Jonathan Walkerin Well-Known Member

+1,883
    Sweden
    Catholic
    Married
    Like Saladin and rose water indeed. Let’s hope Erdogan stays mindful to this historical tolerance.

His decision to convert the museum use for active worship wasn’t the most auspicious beginning.

8. Al Masihi

+2,304
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    It didn’t stop them from plastering them though.

9. Al Masihi

+2,304
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    Well haven’t Roman Catholics celebrated the mass in the Córdoba Cathedral with all the Islamic texts still there unmolested, they aren’t even covered by curtains. I myself would prefer covering the text if they contradict Christianity in any way, if they don’t, then I wouldn’t mind them being around as decoration.

10. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+5,990
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    About four years ago I had planned on going to Turkey to see Hagia Sophia and many Christian sites. As it got more unstable, I decided no thanks, and went to Greece instead. This decision from Erdogan and his disgusting hordes has convinced me I won't step foot in that country until the Church of Holy Wisdom is again made at least neutral for all parties. Covering up the icons is only slightly better than plastering them. It's an affront to our faith. Covering a holy icon makes me positively nauseous. I hope Turkey's tourism takes a massive hit and their economy starts to take a massive dump. Shame on them.

11. Phronema

Phronema Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,053
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I agree, and to make it all worse he's done this for political reasons while claiming it was for religious ones. The motivating factor here was not that he's some super devout Muslim. This is evidenced by the highest Islamic cleric in Egypt speaking out against the decision. He walked back the part about it being an occupation, but not the part about Erdogan using fatwas to secure his dictatorship.

Egypt Islamic body causes uproar by declaring Ottomans' Istanbul seizure 'occupation'