Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How is everyone?
I'm Chris 33 from Liverpool UK
I've been feeling depressed and very lonely and I admit I lost faith in everything.
My heart has been broken.
But this morning I prayed for forgiveness and asked for the Holy Spirit to fill my heart.

I have come here as I would like to be at peace with my self and chat to people with stronger faith than me and willing to learn and would like to heal and restore my Faith.
Also looking to join a church in Liverpool in the future as I have never been a member of one before (apart from a week in my whole life).

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How is everyone?
I've been feeling depressed and very lonely and I admit I lost faith in everything.
But this morning I prayed for forgiveness and asked for the Holy Spirit to fill my heart.

I have come here as I would like to be at peace with my self and chat to people with stronger faith than me and willing to learn and would like to heal and restore my Faith.
Also looking to join a church in Liverpool in the future as I have never been a member of one before (apart from a week in my whole life).
Welcome Chris. The way to restoration can be hard, but it starts with a decision. Quit believing feelings, your own opinions of yourself, and preconceived notions about life in general. Make God's word your authority. Focus on who the Lord Jesus is and what He has done for you through His death and resurrection. As you do, hope will rise. Then you will have something concrete in which to put your faith. Many of God's servants go through periods of depression. When you are in that dark place, keep going. There is light ahead.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Chris.

Bless you for reaching out.

May your journey to truth in Him be blessed.

Lively loving fellowship is a must - and prayerful reading of the Word.

Keep the thread open and feed back your progress - folks will be praying.

Upvote 0

Decalogue

May 6, 2020
San Francisco
✟11,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Welcome Chris! Here is a quote that resonated me when I first had my conversion.

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
(Psalm 34:18)

Upvote 0

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is everyone?
I welcome you as well, ChrisT_uk. How is the state of Christianity in Liverpool. Are there many churches in your area? I am just curious.

If your heart was broken, faith can help you heal. Consider talking to a pastor even if you do not go to that church and just pour out your heart in a casual conversation. Reading a book about healing your heart might also help. Here are two free download resources from a Christian ministry called Focus on the Family that might help you. Overcoming My Wounded Heart at Overcoming My Wounded Heart (Digital Product) and God’s Hope for Wounded Hearts at God's Hope for Wounded Hearts (Digital Product).

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello Chris,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

325197_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Welcome! I hope your time here is enlightening. Please reach out if you have any questions or are not sure where certain conversations are taking place on the forum. Also, try and read through the Announcements here and note that each forum has a Statement of Purpose, that way we keep things in order and the right conversations in the right place.

Again, welcome to the forums!

tampasteve

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Hello Chris
Welcome to the Forums - I hope you will find the help and support you need. You will find lots of friendly and supportive Christians here.
It is good to have you on board.

Upvote 0

Frank Raj

Jul 2, 2020
Houston
✟8,175.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is everyone?

I am not in UK, but friends once told me there are some wonderful Bible centered fellowship there. Look for one and get into good company. God bless you.

• Friendly
Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How is everyone?

Hey, Brother, welcome. God be with you. You'll find a lot of fellowship on here, Chris.

Upvote 0