✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello all. I hope this finds you well.

I have a question. Years ago, I found a podcast, and I believe it was something along the line of "Rain in/on the Desert". I can't remember where it was hosted, but I remember that, even though I was a practicing protestant, I could agree with and felt strengthened by the sermons.

Does anyone know of this podcast, and if so, is it still around?

Thank you,

Marc

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to TAW!

Glad you received the info - thanks @Gracia Singh!

(Actually Praying in the Rain was the first one that popped into my mind.) There are a lot of really encouraging (and of course some challenging lol) podcasts on AFR. Abbot Tryphon is another daily one that comes to mind.

I hope you are encouraged. If we can be if any help, please feel free to ask. :)

God be with you.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for the welcome!

Welcome! How are you coping with the heat and humidity at the moment?
My two daughters arrived in Texas today for a visit and I'm not sure they were ready for the heat.

I'm currently living in MS right now, although I am a native Texan. The heat and humidity of central/south Texas can be brutal. I would say that I was glad to be away from it, but MS is actually worse than Tx in that regard.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
We had a little farm in central TX ... it WAS brutal. I remember we got to something like 90 or 100+ days over 100F, close to 110 much of it. I'm trying to remember if that wasn't the same year we had drought. Anyway, I had to set up commercial fans with misters for the animals to keep the rabbits and llamas alive. Then in winter we had many days I had to break ice or wait for the sun to shine for a few hours so I could fill water troughs and the cage waterers and poultry drinkers. But then MS CAN be miserable too. I'm happier here in FL. The heat and humidity can still be high, but there's sometimes breeze and frequent afternoon showers so that makes a big difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums