Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
So since I seperated from my husband of 11 years almost 1 year ago I made some mistakes and met some guys from online dating sites who were not good guys. Well I've repented of those mistakes but still one of these guys will rise up and send me a text and try to get together with me and fortunately the lord has delivered me from getting entangled with those people again.

The last few months i've been really just going to God, seeking him. I've asked for forgiveness about my failed marriage and have asked my husband's forgiveness though I don't think he has really forigiven me and am forgiving myself so that I can have the freedom to move on.

Longer story short I am still seeking and trusting the Lord to bring me the right person for me when the time is right. And this morning I believe the holy spirit spoke to me and told me that there are good guys who won't leave me and will be good to me. Because I've experienced A LOT of hurt and abandonment this past year, from one person who I got seriously involved with inparticular. And in my experience I've lost faith in relationships.

But today my prayer is "Lord, please bring those good guys". I would like to for once experience normal ordinary good guys who won't leave and abandon you just because it suits them. I've even had good chiristian guy friends who initially were there but poof.. suddenly they are not there.. because it didn't suit them.

Where have the good guys gone?? Are you out there?

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't need a man to be a complete person, or to survive, or to be happy. The Lord is your portion and your provider. After a divorce, jumping into relationships is the worst thing to do. You need time to heal and become YOU again, and that takes months at the VERY least; usually it's more like a few years. Use this time to heal, grow, and become strong again.

JMHO.

Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You don't need a man to be a complete person, or to survive, or to be happy. The Lord is your portion and your provider. After a divorce, jumping into relationships is the worst thing to do. You need time to heal and become YOU again, and that takes months at the VERY least; usually it's more like a few years. Use this time to heal, grow, and become strong again.

JMHO.

Word again!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Tink

our God is faithful. ♥
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2004
Texas
✟56,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So since I seperated from my husband of 11 years almost 1 year ago I made some mistakes and met some guys from online dating sites who were not good guys. Well I've repented of those mistakes but still one of these guys will rise up and send me a text and try to get together with me and fortunately the lord has delivered me from getting entangled with those people again.

The last few months i've been really just going to God, seeking him. I've asked for forgiveness about my failed marriage and have asked my husband's forgiveness though I don't think he has really forigiven me and am forgiving myself so that I can have the freedom to move on.

Longer story short I am still seeking and trusting the Lord to bring me the right person for me when the time is right. And this morning I believe the holy spirit spoke to me and told me that there are good guys who won't leave me and will be good to me. Because I've experienced A LOT of hurt and abandonment this past year, from one person who I got seriously involved with inparticular. And in my experience I've lost faith in relationships.

But today my prayer is "Lord, please bring those good guys". I would like to for once experience normal ordinary good guys who won't leave and abandon you just because it suits them. I've even had good chiristian guy friends who initially were there but poof.. suddenly they are not there.. because it didn't suit them.

If you're only separated, I would advise against having a relationship right now. With any guy; good or bad.

Reactions: Blank123
Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Are you sure you will be content with someone who is always striving to treat you nicely? I know I wouldn't want a girl like that. Not saying you should see those mean guys, however tempting it may be, but maybe finding a balance would be right for you. Or else you could be looking for a long time and never really be happy with anything. Being more open to your pure feelings and discarding and being skeptical about societal feelings on the subjected matter could help you too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Reality is that I need companionship even if its just friendship and I need to get more involved with the good guys to help get rid of the bad (bad guys means guys who only want to talk to me because they want smething like sex... and who r mainly self centered people )

Upvote 0

hisbloodformysins

He's my best friend
Nov 3, 2003
✟5,464.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If you're only separated, I would advise against having a relationship right now. With any guy; good or bad.

I am going through a divorce but we are both fighting for full physical custody so I don't know how long it'll take before I am actually divorced

Upvote 0

Keri

Jan 1, 2006
✟51,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

JMHO.

I fully agree with what Vicky said. I left my husband a year ago. I set out to have a time alone (with no relationships) where I could discover myself. I originally set it for a year, then two years, and now that it has been a year, I have accomplished everything I set out. You just need to focus on yourself, and letting your heart heal and allowing the Lord to work in you.

Regardless of the techincality of being divorced/separated, you still need time to heal. Seek companionship with other women. I met two girl friends this year and it's been wonderful. It's only been the last month or so that I'm finally allowing myself to hang out with guys more.

Give yourself time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SneakerPimp53

Becoming X
Jan 14, 2011
The 'rents' basement
✟15,724.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You're not even divorced yet, and in the middle of a custody battle. You're just rebounding, which is pretty self centered. If you want a friend why can't you just be friends with another woman? The thing is if you want someone to be your rebound they've got every right to expect something in return for it. Anyone looking for something more than a quid pro quo is obviously going to steer miles in the other direction. For anyone that finds the idea of being a rebound appealing it's just going to be about getting something, usually sex, while the getting is good. Then when it's no longer fun, yeah, they're out. It's quid pro quo after all.

Reactions: Keri
Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You're not even divorced yet, and in the middle of a custody battle. You're just rebounding, which is pretty self centered. If you want a friend why can't you just be friends with another woman? The thing is if you want someone to be your rebound they've got every right to expect something in return for it. Anyone looking for something more than a quid pro quo is obviously going to steer miles in the other direction. For anyone that finds the idea of being a rebound appealing it's just going to be about getting something, usually sex, while the getting is good. Then when it's no longer fun, yeah, they're out. It's quid pro quo after all.
I agree with this.

You can't expect to find too much good if you are setting up the new man to accept dating a married woman fighting for custody of her children.

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

what she said.

When the time is right, if there is no reconciliation in your own marriage and you both decide to divorce, I'm sure you'll find that there are lots of really great guys out there :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Lol thanks for the laugh :)

What I said was meant to be serious. If a guy is told he's "nice" or "a good guy" that's usually interpreted as either being a doormat or simply a friend who's fun to hang around but isn't considered dating material. I know I would certainly feel bad if a woman said I was a good guy because that's usually codeword for "You're easy to take advantage of". I've been in that situation and it hurts...a lot.

Upvote 0

mina

Brown Eyed girl
Sep 26, 2003
in the South
✟115,511.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually what I find is that when you try really hard to find a "good" guy and the right person; they don't seem to be around. Sometime you have to try to be "the right person" and someone who is good to everyone and they end up finding you. Develop the qualities yourself that you want in a partner but simply for yourself and to honor the Lord..... goodness attracts goodness. Sometimes you have to wait a while and it's worth the wait.
Also, I think you need to be totally "okay" stable, etc.... and "complete" on your own (emotionally, legally, spiritually, etc) ; just to know who you are, and what you truly want in life before getting involved with another person. I don't think anyone should be perfect; b/c there is no such thing, but I do think you have to be someone that is a "someone wonderful" for someone you want to be wonderful to you. I think i'm explaining that badly; It sort of sounds like i'm saying that people are single because they haven't obtained that yet (which I don't believe for a second); but sometimes it's not you at all and sometimes you just have to wait b/c good things often aren't instant; but to be someone that is a great additon to someone else's life and for that to be mutual is such a healthy and fulfilling thing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0