Virginia
✟31,780.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
hello all. i have a question concerning once a person is saved, and the Holy Spirit moves in to them,and they are to start producing the good fruit. should that person produce all the good fruit right away? or is this where sanctification starts and the good fruit begins to grow into more and more as sanctification takes place?

just for clarification, say a person is saved on monday, and starts producing self control, love, peace, but not the rest. does this mean that person isnt really saved? is it all or nothing with the fruit?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
hello all. i have a question concerning once a person is saved, and the Holy Spirit moves in to them,and they are to start producing the good fruit. should that person produce all the good fruit right away? or is this where sanctification starts and the good fruit begins to grow into more and more as sanctification takes place?

just for clarification, say a person is saved on monday, and starts producing self control, love, peace, but not the rest. does this mean that person isnt really saved? is it all or nothing with the fruit?
I'd suggest studying farming and gardening and growing plants that produce fruit and such, and some of the ways the farmers or growers sometimes get it/them to produce "the very best fruit" sometimes, etc...

If we are truly a part of the analogy, then you might learn a lot, etc...

Little horticulture/agriculture study, etc...

Might find it very interesting, etc...

Especially if your likening it to us, etc...

God Bless!

Reactions: Joined2krist
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

But, no, I don't think real fruit, especially all of it at once, most often comes to people overnight, etc... and/or because/also, that would go against everything we know about farming also, etc...

And if one is seeing it right right away, then maybe they could be some of the seed sown by the wayside, etc, in that parable, etc, (the parable of the sower, etc), who spring up and grow almost immediately/instantaneously, but are not firmly rooted or planted or grounded, so when trials or testings come, they fall away, and/or wither up and die, etc, and you don't want to be one of those, etc...

Again, study what I said, etc, I think you'll find some it very, very interesting, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Ligurian

Cro-Magnon
Apr 21, 2021
America
✟22,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. ... 24 Therefore whosoever heareth these words of Mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
or is this where sanctification starts and the good fruit begins to grow into more and more as sanctification takes place

Yes! Sanctification begins the day Holy Spirit starts indwelling in us, it's an ongoing process which continues till we leave this flesh and unite with the Lord. Sanctification needs our cooperation with God.

Upvote 0

timf

Jun 12, 2011
✟79,640.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The Christian has true freedom in Christ. We can walk after the Spirit or we can quench the Spirit. These two paths are often described as the flesh vs. the Spirit.

In Galatians chapter five this is described in more detail. It is interesting to note that a list is given of the "deeds" of the flesh (what we do) versus the fruits of the Spirit (the result of the work of the Holy Spirit in us).

There is a free book (both pdf downloadable and as a web page for cell phones) titled "Walking By The Spirit" that may be useful which can be found at;

Christian Pioneer

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟901,890.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Good fruit is the result of obedience to our Father. If you have truly repented then you are in obedience thus good fruit will begin to manifest in your life. Be blessed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums