✟20,679.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hi,

I was reading General Apologetics and some Christians were arguing that the possibility for "evil" is what makes "good" and "freewill" possible.

(My paraphrase may be lacking but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm saying)

If the possibility for evil is necessary for good or freewill will the possibility for evil be present in Heaven?

If the possibility for evil will not be present in Heaven then either:

1) The possibility for evil is NOT necessary for good or freewill, or

2) There will be no good or freewill in Heaven.

Thoughts?

Reactions: TigerBunny

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ksen ,
great question , I wonder too !??
there is something that Jesus says that makes me wonder about free will or more so self will . .
and us being evil to start with ??as we all have eaten of the tree of knowledge of good and evil .....

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree [was] good for food, and that it [was] pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make [one] wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Mat 12:33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by [his] fruit.

this makes me think of Jesus also telling us being evil know how to give good gifts to our children
moreso the heavenly FATHER WILL give to us the [ Holy Spirit in one place and good things in another place ] to those who ask Him , this to me is only by sincere prayer and repentance , the fruit of repentance must come first
and the Tree of Life is what is offered in and through Jesus Christ ...

here is the verse on selfwill and what it says about that the name meanings are simon '' hearing heard '' and Levi'' joined attached ''

selfwill once in the old testament about simon and levi being brethern and instruments of cruelty and in their selfwill[pleasure and delight in ] killingn 49:6O my soul, come not thou into their secret; unto their assembly, mine honour, be not thou united: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their selfwill they digged down a wall.BLB Word Search Results
1) pleasure, delight, favour, goodwill, acceptance, will
a) goodwill, favour b) acceptance c) will, desire, pleasure, self-will

I dont know if this is what your looking for
but i didnt put in in the right way maybe ?
hope it helps some how
peace and GOD BLESS ......C

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(My paraphrase may be lacking but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm saying)

If the possibility for evil is necessary for good or freewill will the possibility for evil be present in Heaven?

If the possibility for evil will not be present in Heaven then either:1) The possibility for evil is NOT necessary for good or freewill, or

2) There will be no good or freewill in Heaven.

Thoughts?
I agree with komnenos. evil is as a word to describe our rebellion against God, it doesn't exist to give us the possibility to rebel.
Hi ksen ,
Komnenos
sebastian

what of the parables Jesus used comparing the kingdom of heaven to ?
there is good and evil till the Kingdom be made all NEW here is 3 examples THE OLD HEAVENS AND EARTH PASS AWAY

in the OLD kingdom of heaven till they be cast out ,, am i seeing this wrong ??
Mat 13:47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: take up the good and cast out the bad

Mat 25:1¶Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom. 5 wise and five foolish the foolish lost out but were there at first

Mat 22:2The kingdom of heaven is like unto a certain king, which made a marriage for his son,

Mat 22:11And when the king came in to see the guests, he saw there a man which had not on a wedding garment:

And he saith unto him, Friend, how camest thou in hither not having a wedding garment?

And he was speechless.

Then said the king to the servants,

Bind him hand and foot, and take him away, and cast [him] into outer darkness; there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.For many are called, but few [are] chosen.

:help: THE NEW IS PERFECT and nothing will offend
peace ..c

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
hmm :scratch:

i guess if adam and eve sinned, it won't be wrong to say it's impossible to sin, just that we won't? maybe not.

Hi sebastian ,
sorry to make you question :(

, I dont mean anything by this asking ,Im just curouis to why its written this way ?

I just know that its written the heavens vanish away like smoke and the earth wax old like a garment
Isa 34:4 And all the host of heaven shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling [fig] from the fig tree.

Isa 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished.
that why I believe the Lord God will make all things new :) and better
peace ..c

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Quote:
Hi sebastian ,
sorry to make you question
if I don't question myself, I doubt myself and never learn anything! don't appologise!:) I guess I can't answer the OP like I thought I could.

Hi Sebastian you too ? lol ,
I have more questions than answers !
I struggle so bad at times bro just to write , i just want to give up!!!
thanks for being so understanding , its an awesome quality to possess ..
peace and God bless .. c

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sebastian

is invisible...
Mar 27, 2004
✟10,161.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Private
Hi Sebastian you too ? lol ,
I have more questions than answers !
I struggle so bad at times bro just to write , i just want to give up!!!
thanks for being so understanding , its an awesome quality to possess ..
peace and God bless .. c
haha, it's because God is big! every answer will bring more questions, you can't fully answer the infinate, that's one thing I'm sure of!:)

Upvote 0

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
haha, it's because God is big! every answer will bring more questions, you can't fully answer the infinate, that's one thing I'm sure of!:)

Amen! :) , That must be why '' LOVE'' fulfills all things than hee hee ;) only Love is full , everything else is in part ..
1Cr 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

1Cr 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

thats just an awesome promise ONLY GOD CAN FILL

GOD bless and peace bro ,,, c

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.