Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First of all, please excuse my simple and rather bad English. English isn’t my native language, and I went to school far before the language got a really important subject in our schools (even at pre-U level when the student’s main subjects were in the Science group...)

Short data about me/us is given quickly: Male, just passed 60, borned and and living in the Western part of Norway. Married for >25 years (same wife of course, shouldn’t need to be mentioned on a Christian site) Together we have two boys (twins - not identical twins, which they semes to regret and do their very best making as little visible as possible...) just passed 15. As God has given me a farm, strictly a farmer - and I don’t feel very much like one ;): All the farm’s “innmark”- fields and fenced/cultivated grassland - is run by a tenant farmer while our family is running some minor Ltd companies located in the farm’s former farmbuilding, now rebuilt for offices etc. Ececpt the smallest company, world-wide business and thus dependent on quality internet connectiob, not prime physical location. More work hours than Norwegeian employees’ 37.5 hours/week (50-60 hours/week for each of us, about 10 hours/week in school semesters for each of or boys), but very satisfying work and also a work travel about 2x5 mins/day.

Our boys attends a local 1-10 “friskole” - a kind of schools that accepts quite a few governmental requirements (but may issue their own syllabuses as far as these prepare for the official exam at grade 10 and decide their own employees as far as these are given the same salary/work conditions as in govermental schoools) and thus get 85 % aid for nationwide calculated daily education expenditures, 0 % for the cost of operation the buildings/equipment. Quite interesting - and sad - fact:Close to 96 % of Norwegian children/teens in obligatory education (6-16, thus 1-10- or 1-7-/8-10-schools) attends totally governmental-run schools - and still left-wing Norway are very concerned about the existence of such Norwegian “friskole” schools and those school’s “high number of students” for which the government don’t have total control of what is taught.

Our familiy - both of the boys have a personal belief today. like both of us adults have had for 45-50 years - attends a church not wanting any governmental aid (and control!) and formally non-existing. The building belongs to a foundation as every ground and building in Norway need to have a formal owner, the church “just exist” and have done so for close to 100 years. No membership protocol, let the Lord take care of that book-keeping (and also because a such protocl can be misused by the government, Norwegians wanting to know knows exactly what happened with the Jewisish synagogue protocols in Norway 1940!) No one employed, anything based on voluntary work. No elders formally appointed, still we know quite well who among us handling those tasks and “sheperd the flock”.No doctines (as often said, “we don’t teach anything, the Bible is teaching us” - and our Bible doesn’t contain the word of God, it IS the word of God!). Our understanding of the Bible is mainly quite close to what found among conservative/traditional non charismatic Norwegian Pentecosts, but being closer to to traditional Lutheran churches when talking about baptism in the Holy Sprit and understanding of speech in tougues. Church building plain and simple outside (a small cross onto the wall is everything reminding of a church, else it reminds mostly of and old an closed country school) and having minmal decoration elements inside not to disturb the eye when man is meeting God’s word. Suiitable for purpose and having everyting really needed, but our church avoid anything above that: The money envelopes collected every Sunday are to be used in outreach work and diaconal work in poorer countries rather that in a Norway flooded with wealth

OK, to long already, but got a slight idea of who a I am now? Please feel free to ask further questions.

(And just a remark: It's at present (more than) bed-time in Norway, so please don't expect any response for some hours).

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello HisCrossMyPeace,
welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

325197_9a8cf6302e79fa95f451ca0023ade86e.gif

f9a2ae5a8f29c2c1d3728c3a689d8318.gif

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First of all, please excuse my simple and rather bad English. English isn’t my native language, and I went to school far before the language got a really important subject in our schools (even at pre-U level when the student’s main subjects were in the Science group...)

Short data about me/us is given quickly: Male, just passed 60, borned and and living in the Western part of Norway. Married for >25 years (same wife of course, shouldn’t need to be mentioned on a Christian site) Together we have two boys (twins - not identical twins, which they semes to regret and do their very best making as little visible as possible...) just passed 15. As God has given me a farm, strictly a farmer - and I don’t feel very much like one ;): All the farm’s “innmark”- fields and fenced/cultivated grassland - is run by a tenant farmer while our family is running some minor Ltd companies located in the farm’s former farmbuilding, now rebuilt for offices etc. Ececpt the smallest company, world-wide business and thus dependent on quality internet connectiob, not prime physical location. More work hours than Norwegeian employees’ 37.5 hours/week (50-60 hours/week for each of us, about 10 hours/week in school semesters for each of or boys), but very satisfying work and also a work travel about 2x5 mins/day.

Our boys attends a local 1-10 “friskole” - a kind of schools that accepts quite a few governmental requirements (but may issue their own syllabuses as far as these prepare for the official exam at grade 10 and decide their own employees as far as these are given the same salary/work conditions as in govermental schoools) and thus get 85 % aid for nationwide calculated daily education expenditures, 0 % for the cost of operation the buildings/equipment. Quite interesting - and sad - fact:Close to 96 % of Norwegian children/teens in obligatory education (6-16, thus 1-10- or 1-7-/8-10-schools) attends totally governmental-run schools - and still left-wing Norway are very concerned about the existence of such Norwegian “friskole” schools and those school’s “high number of students” for which the government don’t have total control of what is taught.

Our familiy - both of the boys have a personal belief today. like both of us adults have had for 45-50 years - attends a church not wanting any governmental aid (and control!) and formally non-existing. The building belongs to a foundation as every ground and building in Norway need to have a formal owner, the church “just exist” and have done so for close to 100 years. No membership protocol, let the Lord take care of that book-keeping (and also because a such protocl can be misused by the government, Norwegians wanting to know knows exactly what happened with the Jewisish synagogue protocols in Norway 1940!) No one employed, anything based on voluntary work. No elders formally appointed, still we know quite well who among us handling those tasks and “sheperd the flock”.No doctines (as often said, “we don’t teach anything, the Bible is teaching us” - and our Bible doesn’t contain the word of God, it IS the word of God!). Our understanding of the Bible is mainly quite close to what found among conservative/traditional non charismatic Norwegian Pentecosts, but being closer to to traditional Lutheran churches when talking about baptism in the Holy Sprit and understanding of speech in tougues. Church building plain and simple outside (a small cross onto the wall is everything reminding of a church, else it reminds mostly of and old an closed country school) and having minmal decoration elements inside not to disturb the eye when man is meeting God’s word. Suiitable for purpose and having everyting really needed, but our church avoid anything above that: The money envelopes collected every Sunday are to be used in outreach work and diaconal work in poorer countries rather that in a Norway flooded with wealth

OK, to long already, but got a slight idea of who a I am now? Please feel free to ask further questions.

(And just a remark: It's at present (more than) bed-time in Norway, so please don't expect any response for some hours).

Welcome to CF ... looking forward to your fellowship within the forum community.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome to CF ... looking forward to your fellowship within the forum community.

Thanks a lot!:) Enjoying the community already and may hopefully by the Lord's grace be of some value and use here.

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thanks a lot!:) Enjoying the community already and may hopefully by the Lord's grace be of some value and use here.

I enjoy the diversity ... may agree or disagree or may agree TO disagree. Regardless I like the different points of view and even though I may disagree ... it is good to understand why people believe what they believe ... and that is valuable and interesting in itself.

Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I enjoy the diversity ... may agree or disagree or may agree TO disagree.....

What a boring world God had given man should we all have been identical copies! God also seems to enjoy some diversity!

...Regardless I like the different points of view and even though I may disagree ... it is good to understand why people believe what they believe ... and that is valuable and interesting in itself.

In my opiniion this it not "good", it is "absolutely necessary" - at least if your intentien is to achieve something and change his/hers mind a bit (or more).

• Friendly
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
What a boring world God had given man should we all have been identical copies! God also seems to enjoy some diversity!

In my opiniion this it not "good", it is "absolutely necessary" - at least if your intentien is to achieve something and change his/hers mind a bit (or more).

Always something to learn ... and yes .... each of us are unique and we should celebrate that ;o) We are stones ... not bricks ;o)

The Lord changes hearts and minds .... we just offer up information according to our best understanding.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

HisCrossMyPeace

Jul 6, 2020
Western Norway
✟36,009.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
....The Lord changes hearts and minds .... we just offer up information according to our best understanding.

The LORD changes hearts and minds, and for sure He CAN do that complely without help of man should that be His will - but in everyday life He is also using His children in that work for more than "only" offer up information.

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The LORD changes hearts and minds, and for sure He CAN do that complely without help of man should that be His will - but in everyday life He is also using His children in that work for more than "only" offer up information.

Yep (I didn't mean that as being as in a single sense, meant it in terms of discussing scripture) ... he indeed works in many ways ;o)

Proverbs 17

17As iron sharpens iron,
so one man sharpens another

and

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who works in you, both to will and to work for his good pleasure.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi HCMP;

Wow! Norway is so different from the US!
welcome to CF; May the Lord Jesus guide you here as well as in the world; and may you find friends and what ever you need from the Lord here.

I do have a question for you; do you like music--Praise & Worship music?

I have found; in times of trouble; like we have with this CV-19; that listening to; and singing along to good Christian P&W music; can bring us closer to Jesus and His wonderful peace.

Well we have a new forum here at CF just for P&W music and at the top is a directory of other Christian music threads around CF; come and take a look!:wave:

Praise and Worship Music

images

To The

238348_da04309d434d67254a1115a692df42c4.jpeg

Upvote 0