Whitworth

Nov 21, 2016
Manchester
✟10,995.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Does anyone have any good recommendations for any good Christian YouTubers.

Looking to make my YouTube binges a little more wholesome, would rather my time spent on YouTube is viewing things that will help me grow as a Christian, rather than the general junk/trash I tend to come across.

Ffraid

Dec 3, 2016
earth
✟21,838.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Deadworm

May 26, 2016
Colville, WA 99114
✟68,313.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
No videos I have ever posted on any website are nearly as important to me as (1)-(4) posted below. No word in the English language has been more watered down and more treated as a vacuous jargon term than “revival.” Yet the dramatic decline in western Christianity in recent decades leaves “the real thing” as our only hope of widespread renewal. Though in the real thing, the Holy Spirit falls on Christians, what makes real revival unique (as in the Welsh Revival of 1904-1906 and the Hebrides Revival of 1949-1954) is the sudden massive outpouring of the Spirit on many thousands of unchurched people who have no interest in conversion or spiritual renewal! To me, the revivals discussed in the 4 videos are more persuasive evidence of the existence of a personal God than any healing miracles.

In my experience, evangelicals are not interested in watching such videos either because they are not particularly interested in revival or because they don’t believe there are any keys to igniting revival. Their misguided apathy is exposed by the spectacular use God made of seemingly insignificant ordinary Christians to spark the revivals explored in the videos. Few, if any Christians are willing to pay the price that these holy souls paid for revival. If you watch all 4 videos in sequence, they will change your life as well as spark your imagination to contemplate just how spectacularly God can use an ordinary, flawed Christian for unprecedently dramatic moves of God.

(1) Evan Roberts was a young, emotionally unstable Welsh coal miner with little formal education. In the first video, J. Edwin Orr, an expert on revivals, lectures on how the famous Welsh revival exploded through Roberts’ faithful quest that led to the conversion of 100,000 Welsh people in just 4-5 months!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...37C5&FORM=VIRE

(2) The 2nd video is a documentary based on Roberts’ diary of his faith journey. It has photos of the churches, of Roberts, and of the young women who were at the revival’s center. The revival often featured unstructured spontaneous services that lasted until hours after midnight. A couple of hymns featured in the revival are sung on the video:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...A470&FORM=VIRE

(3) The Welsh Revival spread all over the world. Its American manifestation was the “Azusa Street Revival” in which William Seymour, the son of a Black slave, was a central figure. Given the eventual global multiplication of Charismatic/ Pentecostal Christians into hundreds of millions, it can be argued that Seymour is the most spiritually effective African American who ever lived. Here is a documentary on the faith journey that allowed Seymour to give miraculous birth the global Pentecostal movement:

(4) The 4th video features Duncan Campbell, the Scottish Presbyterian minister, whom God used in the Hebrides Revival of 1949-1954. The video highlights the catalytic role of the Smith sisters, 2 women in their mid-80s, one of whom was blind and the other crippled! Be patient with Campbell’s preachy tone:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...4601&FORM=VIRE

If you watch these and are hungry for more videos on unexpectedly edifyin spiritual topics, I will keep my suggestions coming.

P.S. Are you a student at Whitworth University in Spokane? If so, I live just down the road from you.

• Informative
Reactions: Whitworth
Upvote 0

Whitworth

Nov 21, 2016
Manchester
✟10,995.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
P.S. Are you a student at Whitworth University in Spokane? If so, I live just down the road from you.

I'm afraid not. I'm from Whitworth/Lancashire in the UK.

Thank you for the recommended viewing/reading. I assure you I will make my way through them starting tonight.

God Bless and thanks again!

Upvote 0

Mountainmike

Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
Northern uk
✟561,129.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The problem is recommending in a non denominational way, and I am not convinced there is anything out there that does not view scripture except through the lens of a specific belief set. In my case a twisting journey from protestant, evangelical that ended in RCC

But If you want good practical Christian advice combined with a little entertainment, try mother angelica live classics on EWTN : the amazing thing is she never scripted a word, trusting to providence. Also on EWTN or journey home / coming home network on EWTN Marcus grodi

The latter are interesting because these are all people , generally ministers of all denominations , whose study primarily of early fathers led them back from every flavour of Christianity back to Rome. The questioning of relative belief sets of denominations and thought schools - from Lutheran to Calvinism , Pentecostalism,( you name it you will find theology of all branches) , andcthe struggles they had with some of their denomination, But you find out a lot more about different schools of Christian thought. And about alternative interpretation of scripture and church fathers,

By the way...I only answered because you are only 20 miles away! I live in the wilds of north Cheshire between Liverpool and Manchester!

Looking to make my YouTube binges a little more wholesome, would rather my time spent on YouTube is viewing things that will help me grow as a Christian, rather than the general junk/trash I tend to come across.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
95% of the people I watch aren't christian. Problem is for one its hard to be a christian and become popular on youtube (outside of being a famous singer or something). Next problem is its hard to make content that christians would want to watch outside of your every day sermon/bible study.

I seen some christian youtubers who did jokes and comedy skits. But most of the time it was very dry humor and felt awkward top watch. I seen a youtuber groups of young adult/older teen christian who have a video gaming channel. Its kind of stale and dry watching to. The sad fact is as christians we are surrounded by a world that makes us use to certain types of "entertainment", so when we find something christian related our brains find it boring.

However with that said there is one guy I LOVE to watch. He doesn't talk about his faith to often because its a science channel. But he is indeed a christian. He even leaves a bible verse at the end of every video. And hes very popular on youtube amongst non-believers. Now when I say "science" I don't mean some older grey haired man who looks at the camera and uses complicated words and stuff you don't understand.

This guy is married, has kids and is VERY entertaining to watch. He loves science, BUT doesn't believe everything they say (like aliens exist, we came from apes...etc). Though again he often doesn't talk about it because sadly people can be cruel on youtube. Also hes family safe for watching. No swearing, no bad words, no sexual stuff...etc.

He has almost 5 million subscribers and has been on youtube 9 years. Though early videos were mostly about his family and day to day stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6107grRI4m0o2-emgoDnAA

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

South Bound

I stand with Israel.
Jan 3, 2014
✟31,159.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
95% of the people I watch aren't christian. Problem is for one its hard to be a christian and become popular on youtube (outside of being a famous singer or something).

I wouldn't be so sure. Paul Washer was a relatively unknown evangelist when somebody posted a video of one of his sermons on Youtube. Now he has a very popular national ministry.

Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Ken Coughlan

Jan 19, 2018
Maryland
✟7,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you like Christian YouTube channels, I would love if you check out the Trinity Joppa channel.

Trinity Joppa

Among other programming we have a weekly talk show, "Trinity Talk Live," to give folks an alternative to all the secular talk that covers topics and comes from a perspective that doesn't really align with Christian values. We caption the show "water cooler conversation from a Christian perspective," and that is what we hope it is. We cover the topics that are important to Christians and discuss them with Christians. God bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

anna ~ grace

Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sensus Fidelium

Upvote 0
Mar 4, 2018
Birmingham
✟15,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

I

We are a brand new channel, and considering your view is non-denominational you may like our channel. You say, "Help me grow as a Christian" well we have a series titled, "Learning to Fee Yourself" that is designed to do just that. Please check out our channel and watch the trailer video, part 1 of "The Writings" playlist, and then the playlist "Learning to Feed Yourself". It would really help our channel to grow, and you might even like it and learn something...no matter you shall be blessed for you efforts. Thanks and Shalom (Hebrew for Peace)!

Channel home page:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw3yU3HMRjtRbT1lpC9jIVw

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Most of my favorites are here:

Ligonier Ministries

Desiring God

Grace to You

The Gospel Coalition

Gospel in Life

The Veritas Forum

Living Waters

Apologia Studios

Reach Records

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NWGeorgiaguy

Feb 10, 2020
rome
✟13,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Jefferson Bethke

Upvote 0