Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Absolutely must say 'Day by day with God' is good. It is bible readings for women. January to April 2000 is the one I'm reading. It's Christina Press, edited by Mary Reid, compiled by various authors.

I love daily devotional books like these, to feed me. Grow me. I just read several pages as my bath runs each morning. I need to feed my soul joyously each day with scripture. These kinds of books make it easily digestible! I am blown away by the wisdoms contained.

Reactions: T.S.Bland

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,479.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Last thing I do at night before the light goes off is read scripture in bed. My bible is sufficient for my needs, I don't really need another persons interjections on what the word says to me.. Then in the morning I have a daily scripture that comes in my email. I have devotionals that come in as well but rarely read them, since the scripture itself is sufficient for my needs. Then I have a pulpit in my dining room, I made that for when we had services and bible study here at the house a few years ago and I rather like it there. So I put a big NKJV study bible my daughter gave me on that and I open it to what ever scripture is speaking to me at the time, sometimes for two or three days I will have that up. Around the corner is my fly tying equipment and my two pianos. So between music ( I compose piano music out of my head, what ever the Lord brings to me), tying ( just relaxing and rewarding when you catch a fish on a fly you tied)and scripture ( spiritual bread), I get into a pretty quiet zone. Of course there are chores too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Last thing I do at night before the light goes off is read scripture in bed. My bible is sufficient for my needs, I don't really need another persons interjections on what the word says to me.. Then in the morning I have a daily scripture that comes in my email. I have devotionals that come in as well but rarely read them, since the scripture itself is sufficient for my needs. Then I have a pulpit in my dining room, I made that for when we had services and bible study here at the house a few years ago and I rather like it there. So I put a big NKJV study bible my daughter gave me on that and I open it to what ever scripture is speaking to me at the time, sometimes for two or three days I will have that up. Around the corner is my fly tying equipment and my two pianos. So between music ( I compose piano music out of my head, what ever the Lord brings to me), tying ( just relaxing and rewarding when you catch a fish on a fly you tied)and scripture ( spiritual bread), I get into a pretty quiet zone. Of course there are chores too.

Hi
I understand you do it your way but I would find just reading the Bible nowhere near what I need. I need different books to explain the scriptures to me. The Bible is complex. Books by inspired learned authors are the way I see most useful. I like different perspectives, illuminating understanding of so many difficult aspects of the word of God.

Reactions: Goatee
Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟312,589.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian