Golden Eagles: Thanking the Lord for answers to specific prayers.

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where we can post our thanks for an answer to specific prayer, as opposed to general thanks for well-being etc, which we often post on the "Today I'm grateful for..." thread.

We may want to keep details confidential - anyone can read our posts and we don't want to embarrass those we've prayed for - so we could just refer to them as "a friend", "a relative" etc. if we don't want to name them. The Lord knows who it is.

I'll start with thanking God for the answers to our prayers for three people with cancer, whom we've prayed for on the prayer thread. As far as I'm aware two are completely clear of cancer and one, who has leukaemia, says that it is manageable and that he has a reasonable quality of life.

Also a lady who posted here a few years ago needed to move house with her family. She sent me a p.m. fairly recently and they now have a good house nearer to her father who is elderly.

Thank you Lord for these answers to our prayers. :bow:

Heavenhome

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
Newstead.Australia
✟407,525.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am thankful that God always provides what we need.
I didn't really explain but recently I had a plumbing job that needed to be done and I thought it would be a job I couldn't afford but it turned out a simple thing I could easily pay.
I know compared to many other prayers this seems to be nothing and I agree compared to so many other serious things.
But it taught me that God is interested in every detail of our life, and also to put it bluntly to " practice what I preach".

Upvote 0

Sage50

Dec 30, 2020
In Christ
✟21,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't really explain but recently I had a plumbing job that needed to be done and I thought it would be a job I couldn't afford but it turned out a simple thing I could easily pay.
I know compared to many other prayers this seems to be nothing and I agree compared to so many other serious things.
But it taught me that God is interested in every detail of our life, and also to put it bluntly to " practice what I preach".

Wow...that is a wonderful witness. Thank you for sharing that. I am encouraged by your witness to this way of the Lord for his own children. I have at many times experienced that same experience you are bearing witness to. What would we do if we did not have our Lord?

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟793,557.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I think all things are important to Him. :)

It reminded me that last year I had water coming into the house, from a faulty gutter, and I put it on the prayer thread. It took some time to get fixed because someone was on holiday (in the heady days pre-Covid when we could travel! lol!). Everyone involved was nice about it but it took ages to get done. Anyway it has been fixed; meanwhile a neighbour lent me a very effective heater to dry the walls. So I thank the Lord for that. :bow:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I’m thankful God granted me the fellowship I desired in a manner I didn’t expect. I wanted someone to study with and the Lord led me to a private community of likeminded believers with a hunger for the word. We’re pursuing our callings and supporting one another through prayer and accountability. And we have guidance too!

Instead of gaining one partner I was given a few hundred. He’s so good! :)

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We had a family gathering today and it was lovely. During my aunt’s prayer and blessing we reflected on the Lord’s provision and keeping. He kept us out of harms way during the pandemic and all unrest.

As I contemplated His goodness I realized the extent of His lovingkindness to us and those we love. We are Covid free. That includes every one young and old. Our jars of oil overflowed. There was no lack. We had enough to share and ministered to many during difficulties.

They’re all believers. All my friends and relatives. The gravity of that truth didn’t hit home until I meditated on Psalm 1. The Lord is true and He keeps His promises.

~bella

Reactions: rebornfree
Upvote 0