the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Did you get that idea from James 5:3 ? I don’t see anything saying you can’t wear gold jewelry, but I’ve heard that Christians shouldn’t wear jewelry before. Not sure if this is true.

I’ll look it up…

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can Christians wear gold jewelry? After reading James 5 it seems like we’re not supposed to. Just wondering. Thanks.

1 Peter 3:2-4 King James Version
3 Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.

3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;

4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1 Timothy 2:9 King James Version
In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

It is clearly taught in the Scriptures that the wearing of jewelry is contrary to the will of God. ‘Not with broidered hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array,’ is the admonition of the apostle Paul. (1 Tim. 2:9.) The wearing of ornaments of jewelry is a bid for attention which is not in keeping with Christian self-forgetfulness.

Upvote 0

Vesper_Jaye✝️

Truth-Seeker
Dec 29, 2021
the Kingdom of God
✟19,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Can Christians wear gold jewelry? After reading James 5 it seems like we’re not supposed to. Just wondering. Thanks.
It's a question of why. Some people like to flaunt their wealth or appear to be more prosperous than they are. If jewelry is worn for vanity then it's wrong. Otherwise, it's harmless.

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2021
Tennessee
✟15,898.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes James 5:3. Normally I would read a scripture like this and immediately say no I’m not gonna do that just to be safe, and out of the fear of God. But I just spent $3k on a necklace and I can’t get a refund on it. I’ve read this scripture before I bought this, but it had been awhile and I just forgot about it. But now that I rediscovered this scripture I don’t want to take any chances with it.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes James 5:3. Normally I would read a scripture like this and immediately say no I’m not gonna do that just to be safe, and out of the fear of God. But I just spent $3k on a necklace and I can’t get a refund on it. I’ve read this scripture before I bought this, but it had been awhile and I just forgot about it. But now that I rediscovered this scripture I don’t want to take any chances with it.
That's what my orthodontics cost and I don't feel bad when I smile at people.
I wouldn't worry about God frowning at you.
What I'd worry about is that feeling when you eventually loose the necklace, or it gets stolen from you violently, or stolen from your home, and there is that empty feeling of money thrown out the window.
It's like a kick in the gut when humanity lets you down and you loose that money at the same time. Then you start to hate all strangers. That's what I'd worry about.

Upvote 0