The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This was written by a Gold Star Mom whose son was killed overseas. I think it nails how many people feel about Trump.

Comment from KAREN VAUGHN, Mother of Aaron Vaughn, Navy Seal

“Sometimes God uses the no-nonsense, salty sailor to get the job done. Appreciating what the man is doing doesn’t mean we worship the salty sailor or even desire to be like the salty sailor. It doesn’t even mean God admires the salty sailor. Maybe He just knows he’s necessary for such a time as this.
I believe with all my heart that God placed that salty sailor in the White House and gave this nation one more chance in November 2016. Donald Trump is what he is. He is still the man he was before the election. And without guilt, I very much admire what that salty sailor is accomplishing.
He’s not like me. That’s okay with me. I don’t want to be like him. I will never behave like him. I know we’ve NEVER had a man like him lead our nation. It’s crazy and a little mind blowing at times. But I can’t help but admire the ability he has to act with his heart rather than a calculated, PC, think tank-screened, carefully edited script. I still believe that is WHY he became our President and WHY he’s been able to handle a landslide of adversity and STILL pass unprecedented amounts of good legislation for our country AND do great works for MANY other nations, including Israel.
I’m THRILLED with what he’s doing for my nation, for the cause of Christ (whether intentional or unintentional, doesn’t matter to me), and for the concept of rebuilding America and putting her FIRST. I will not be ashamed of my position because others don’t see him through the same lens.
Should it matter to me if a fireman drops an f-bomb while he’s pulling me from a burning building? Would I really care about what came out of his mouth in those moments? Heck no! I’d CARE about what the was DOING. He wasn’t sent there to save my soul and I’m not looking to him for spiritual guidance. All I’m thinking in those moments is, “Thank you, Jesus, for sending the fireman.”

This man is crass. Okay. He’s not careful with what he says. Okay. You feel offended that he’s not a typical statesman. Okay. But he is rebuilding the nation my son died for…the nation I feared was on a fast track to becoming a hopeless cause. Forgive me if I’m smiling!

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟551,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A Republican loves a Republican President and this is a surprise/revelation.
Also we are suppose to giver her opinion extra weight unlike other gold star parents who disagree with the president.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Donald J Trump is NOT a salty Sailor. He never served in the Armed Forces of the United States of America let alone the US Navy or Coast Guard. He did attend military boarding school but that is the sum of his “military” service. A salty sailor is a sailor that has a lot of experience and to suggest that the President is a salty sailor is an insult to those who did answer the call of their country and serve in the Sea Going Armed Forces.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Donald J Trump is NOT a salty Sailor. He never served in the Armed Forces of the United States of America let alone the US Navy or Coast Guard. He did attend military boarding school but that is the sum of his “military” service. A salty sailor is a sailor that has a lot of experience and to suggest that the President is a salty sailor is an insult to those who did answer the call of their country and serve in the Sea Going Armed Forces.
Hear, hear!

• Agree
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,172,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry, but are my fellow lefties really arguing against referring to Trump as the Salty Sailor in perpetuity?
I’m no leftist but if we are going for un flattening military nick names cadet bone spurs is more accurate. As Jay said, he never served he only played army in school.

Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I’m no leftist but if we are going for un flattening military nick names cadet bone spurs is more accurate. As Jay said, he never served he only played army in school.

Right, because what matters in a unflattering nickname is accuracy. Ah well, I guess it's just me.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder how many others have the same point of view as this woman.

Well, certainly not the Gold Star families & widows who've been disrespected & hurt by Trump. But it's nice if somebody is able to take any comfort from him, for whatever reason, during their grief.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well, you're right about all that. I will say the lady who wrote that letter made me laugh on account of how I had to wonder if she'd ever looked up salty sailor on Urban Dictionary when she decided to describe Donald as one. Lol.

Upvote 0