Gold,silver and precious stones....

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you mean for real, learn to make jewelry . Firemountain Gems has a free catalog and free how-tos .
If you mean allegorically . You build with what you’re given. You can build beauty and strength with both. Some people come from poverty and build good lives for themselves and others. Some from wealth and build good lives for themselves and others . I always think of Jimmy Carter or Oprah using their wealth to help others.

(If you’re not sure about wire, use copper wire and use nylon thread for beading. Note -jewelry makers do call nylon thread ,fishline . Do not use real fishline as it’s not completely safe against skin . Get the one made for jewelry)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
Hi all,

In 1 Corinthians Paul states that we can build with gold,silver and precious stones or wood ,hay and stubble.....in practical terms what does this mean in everyday life?

In other words ,how can I go about building with the former?
There are number of aspects to consider. It's harder to obtain gold, silver and precious stones, which is one of the reasons they're more valuable. Not nearly as much effect in obtaining wood, hay and straw. The first also are that can endure through fire. In fact you have to subject gold and silver to fire to purify them. Don't have to mention what happens to the last three when subject to fire. So there are things that are most valuable, that endure (like things that endure for eternity), that take a lot of work. The lazy and procrastinators don't obtain them.

I have a lot of Christian friends but few seriously study the Bible and aren't seriously involved in leading people to Christ. Yet those are the things that are eternal. Even the simply act of generosity may have an eternal impact. But many are just too lazy, too caught up in the thorns - the worries, riches and pleasures in this life to invest themselves in the hard work of ministry. Even the Eleven procrastinated in carrying out the great commission - too lazy and too prejudice as I see it. "Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us." Heb 12:1

Upvote 0

icxn

Bραδύγλωσσος αἰπόλος μαθητεύων κνίζειν συκάμινα
Dec 13, 2004
✟210,855.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi all,

In 1 Corinthians Paul states that we can build with gold,silver and precious stones or wood ,hay and stubble.....in practical terms what does this mean in everyday life?

Gold is a pure and truthful theology. Silver is a way of life that is lucid and radiant, shaped by the practice of God’s commandments and refined by the fire of temptations (Psalms 12:6). Precious stones are divine thoughts and conceptual images worthy of God (Philippians 4:8). Wood, hay or straw, which are to be avoided, represent idolatry - which is a passionate desire for sensible things - or a meaningless way of life, or thoughts which are impassioned and as empty of wise understanding as straw.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟224,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all,

It is clear to me that the building blocks are our works. Works done from a selfish me perspective will be burned up the day we go before God to account for what we did with this great salvation that we have been given.

If you do something for Gods glory and not for personal gain that is the right building block. Helping a stranger in need with no expectation of gain is not natural to man. Even the expatiation of a "thank you" is a gain for you. This is the thought behind Matt 6:5,6.

Pray in secret and give anonymously.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
There were two trees in the garden of Eden.
The tree of life, and the tree of death.

The latter is actually called the Tree of knowledge of good or evil, but given that the Lord warned Adam he would die if he ate from that tree, its quite reasonable to call it the tree of death!

Adam chose the tree of death because Satan told him it would make him like God, ie. equal to God!
That was the same as saying to Adam that his human knowledge would be sufficient for him to rule the earth separate from God.
So that's what Adam chose, to become like God using his intellectual knowledge of right or wrong, good or evil.
It was a declaration of independence against the sovereignty of God.
Immediately he did that, his communion with God was killed stone dead, and Adam knew it.

Each day on earth, we have a choice to make,-
Do we live from the tree of life (gold silver precious jewels),
or
Do we live from the tree of death, (wood hay stubble).

The human default position is always the Tree of knowledge of Good or evil. Even as Christians we live that way, turning to religious activities instead of being led by the Holy Spirit.
Sadly, most Christian works will be burned up as worthless

Upvote 0