USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hey all, today I am going to be alone for a significant amount of time in a car ride (So he cannot leave lol)

He is lost, he is my father in law, he grew up Catholic going to mass everyday as a young person.

I have tried talking about Jesus with him it just doesn't stick. I have a great relationship with him and I want him saved.

PLEASE PRAY that the Holy Spirit will work on him as I preach the Gospel. I need you prayer warriors now!

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey all, today I am going to be alone for a significant amount of time in a car ride (So he cannot leave lol)

He is lost, he is my father in law, he grew up Catholic going to mass everyday as a young person.

I have tried talking about Jesus with him it just doesn't stick. I have a great relationship with him and I want him saved.

PLEASE PRAY that the Holy Spirit will work on him as I preach the Gospel. I need you prayer warriors now!

:heart: Praying for your precious father in law, and you too (((hug)))

Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please don't 'preach' to him.
As you say you have a great relationship with him, so don't spoil it.
Rather ask him question about what he believes and answer them from the bible.

I'll certainly pray that you have a good open conversation about just who your Father in Law thinks Jesus is.

Upvote 0

lamb7

Little Lamb
Jul 19, 2017
USA
✟36,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please don't 'preach' to him.
As you say you have a great relationship with him, so don't spoil it.
Rather ask him question about what he believes and answer them from the bible.

I'll certainly pray that you have a good open conversation about just who your Father in Law thinks Jesus is.

You are right bad wording on my part, I apologize. That is what I meant. I don't mean talk down preach, I mean actually explaining Jesus more.

• Friendly
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
You are right bad wording on my part, I apologize. That is what I meant. I don't mean talk down preach, I mean actually explaining Jesus more.

:heart: Praying God grants you the words and that His grace is evident in the car ride (((hug)))

• Friendly
Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I am horrible at communicating, that is where the Spirit will help me :)

Yes! God's precious Holy Spirit WILL help you. Let's keep praying praying praying, so that His precious Holy Spirit supersedes ALL conversation and all thoughts. Praying! (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi the best way to preach is to make it a conversation rather than a sermon. Ask him what he believes about his own destiny. Listen closely and then present your testimony and the gospel.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Praying for your father in law.

Upvote 0

Little Lantern

Be encouraged! Christ has overcome the world!
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2017
USA
✟223,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, I pray that You will give @lamb7's father-in-law hearing ears and a receptive heart in his conversation with lamb7 today. Let lamb7 be consious of Your Presence and enable her to follow Your leading in when and how to speak. Oh, Father, our hearts join Yours in great desire to see this man come into the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Father, I thank You for the great relationship this one has with their FIL. May this allow an inroad in to talking with him about being truly saved. May You give "lamb" the right words, the right stories, the right illustrations, the right timing, and everything else that would lead to a clear presentation of the gospel that he will understand, relate to, be opened to, and see the proper response he should make. Amen.

Upvote 0