North Carolina
✟10,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am headed to go preaching on the streets of Gatlinburg in Tennessee for New Year's Eve. Please pray for brother Jeremiah and I as we preach God's word. Also pray for the hearers that there may be some who surrender their life to Jesus. Jesus is King!

Also if anyone is in the area and you have a desire to reach the lost come out and join us. As long as you are living a holy life pleasing to God we would love to minster with you. God bless!

Stop Sinning & Obey Jesus

Sola1517

Saint-in-Progress (Looking for a Church)
Jun 27, 2016
Don't ask
✟20,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I am headed to go preaching on the streets of Gatlinburg in Tennessee for New Year's Eve. Please pray for brother Jeremiah and I as we preach God's word. Also pray for the hearers that there may be some who surrender their life to Jesus. Jesus is King!

Also if anyone is in the area and you have a desire to reach the lost come out and join us. As long as you are living a holy life pleasing to God we would love to minster with you. God bless!

Stop Sinning & Obey Jesus
What are you preaching on?

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
I hope you have good weather, but things are pretty cold now. I just checked and the high there on Sunday will be about 32, with a low of 12! Better dress warm. By the way, it even gets colder on Monday, New Years' Day, with a high of 25 and a low of 6!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I hope you have good weather, but things are pretty cold now. I just checked and the high there on Sunday will be about 32, with a low of 12! Better dress warm.

:eek: You're scaring some of us here in N Fl.

Off to check the weather.

Maybe overdoing the Fire and Brimstone take won't be such a bad idea...just this once? Warm thoughts?

Upvote 0

Jimbo Hall

Sep 13, 2016
North Carolina
✟10,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What are you preaching on?

The bible.

I hope you have good weather, but things are pretty cold now. I just checked and the high there on Sunday will be about 32, with a low of 12! Better dress warm. By the way, it even gets colder on Monday, New Years' Day, with a high of 25 and a low of 6!

Yes it is going to be very cold. I have preached when it is very cold before, and before I went out I didn't think there would be very many people to preach to, but I was wrong. If sinners are willing to go out in the cold to do whatever it is they do, how much more should Christians be willing to go out and evangelize to them.

Upvote 0

Jimbo Hall

Sep 13, 2016
North Carolina
✟10,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think in the open air it's good to keep it short and simple, quoting Scripture.

Yes I agree. Most people just walk by and you only have about 20-40 seconds to preach to them. So short and simple, quoting Scripture is the best technique I believe. But sometimes later in the evening people will stop and listen for a while. Then is a good time to answer questions and preach more of a message.

Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
The bible.

Yes it is going to be very cold. I have preached when it is very cold before, and before I went out I didn't think there would be very many people to preach to, but I was wrong. If sinners are willing to go out in the cold to do whatever it is they do, how much more should Christians be willing to go out and evangelize to them.

I guess you have a valid point there. I knew that Gatlinburg was a popular place for the summer and fall, but I was not aware that it had much winter traffic. Then again, I have not been there since 1969, so no doubt things have changed in a big way in 48 years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums