• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Going to Meet with an Islamic Cleric Tomorrow Wish Me Luck

Discussion in 'The Ancient Way - Eastern Orthodox' started by Al Masihi, Jun 23, 2019.

1. ArmyMatt

ArmyMatt Regular Member Supporter

+13,954
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    if you're just going out for fellowship, that's all well and fine. just don't get all apologetic.

2. Al Masihi

Al Masihi Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,267
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    I don’t usually say anything unless he mentions it, I never usually go on attack mode, I just defend if he brings up allegations against the Christian faith, that’s all.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. ~Anastasia~

~Anastasia~ † Handmaid of God † CF Senior Ambassador Supporter

+16,286
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    God be with you.

Have you still never had opportunity to meet with Christian clergy?

I would be very cautious. You ask many good questions and delve deeply. Please be very aware of the effect the conversations with this Muslim cleric have on you.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • List
  4. KWCrazy

KWCrazy Newbie

+1,969
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    One does not learn about Jesus from the unsaved. Muslims do not Believe Jesus is the son of God, and therefore are not Saved. Learn about Jesus by reading His words and by talking with those who at least know Him as their personal savior. Muslims my claim to know about the kingdom of Heaven, but they will not be there. You are asking directions from one who is eternally lost.

5. ArmyMatt

+13,954
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    just tread very cautiously.

6. ArmyMatt

+13,954
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    he's not going there to learn about Christ...

7. KWCrazy

KWCrazy Newbie

+1,969
    Christian
    Married
    US-Republican
    Islam was created by Satan and relayed to man via Mohammed; a highwayman who became a warlord and was the perfect fit. One might as well go to Satan to learn about Christianity. Nothing an Islamic cleric will tell you about Christianity will have any resemblance to the truth.

8. ArmyMatt

+13,954
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    again, that's not why he's going

9. Al Masihi

+2,267
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    Who says I’m asking theological advice from Muslims.

10. Gracia Singh

Gracia Singh Newbie Supporter

+9,110
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I wouldn't go. Folks can turn on you. I agree with Gurney. Grow, learn, cool your jets, hopefully get out of the country and have the freedom to join a Church later. You're still a kid. God be with you.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  11. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+5,838
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    What are you talking to this guy for? What are you hoping for??

12. Al Masihi

+2,267
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    For fun mostly, since he’s my teacher at school aswell.

13. Al Masihi

+2,267
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    So just to inform everyone, it went well, more peaceful then I thought it would, and he asked me many questions about Christianity and it history to which I replied peacefully. Overall I think it went very well, we both left with a smile on our faces.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Not David

Not David Der Romisch Katechumene

+4,692
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    Glory to God!

15. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,032
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Nice outcome. Glory to God for all things.

16. ArmyMatt

+13,954
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    thank God!

17. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+5,838
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    Al Mishi better never emigrate to the United States. He's the kind of guy who'd go to Dodger Stadium wanting to "share" the beauties of the San Francisco Giants. He'd get a pitcher of bear thrown over his head, wedgied, then stabbed in the parking lot.

Al Mishi, dude, brother, pal, please stop doing this kind of stuff. It may go "well" this time, or the next five times, but there will be a point you cross when you feel too comfy with this guy, and when you cross it, heads are gonna roll. And frankly, your brothers and sisters here at TAW just don't want that happening. Take some advice, man!

18. Al Masihi

+2,267
    Saudi Arabia
    Christian
    Private
    I’m not a person who personally wants to emigrate to the West, I have everything I want and love in the Middle East (Not in Saudi Arabia though), this may seem weird to Christians in the West, but Christians from the Middle East be they Eastern Orthodox, Maronite, Coptic, or Syriac like to stand our ground, we don’t back down or abandon the East where Christianity started.

19. gurneyhalleck1

gurneyhalleck1 Reader

+5,838
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    US-Others
    I was joking, brother, not serious. I would hope you'd get out of Saudi. that place is nuts. I applaud your courage to stay in the M.E. Youre braver than I am. I spoke with christians in Palestine and Jordan; they are not happy and they have ZERO ability to mission, witness, or share any of their faith. Their communities don't grow, just dwindle, and suffer persecution.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. LizaMarie

LizaMarie Newbie

+410
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    Prayers of protection for you. I'm glad it went well. But praying for you.