Antwerp
✟25,552.00
Country
Belgium
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
At some times I can use a bit of confirmation that I'm doing the right things that Jesus ordered, as you may have noticed. That the signs point in the right direction, with an eye on the afterlife i.e. the Real Life. In my working life I developed a lot of 'scorecards' and now I found an interesting one that estimates or simulates no less than the future of my soul: Heaven or hell?

All a bit presumptuous maybe, and I therefore really hope that this Achille Christian guy has thought very very well about the 40 questions an angel asks me in this 'game'. With God's Mercy set to 50% I'm going to Heaven all right. I'll have to try with 100% and 0%. ;)

Maybe somebody on this forum is willing to make the effort of checking if the questions make good sense (I think reproducing the list here is not allowed). We still won't see the actual weighting, though. I saw a free version with 15 questions. I don't want to post a link here but I gave enough details here for someone to find the site.

derpytia

Compassion.
Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2016
United States
✟287,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
At some times I can use a bit of confirmation that I'm doing the right things that Jesus ordered, as you may have noticed. That the signs point in the right direction, with an eye on the afterlife i.e. the Real Life. In my working life I developed a lot of 'scorecards' and now I found an interesting one that estimates or simulates no less than the future of my soul: Heaven or hell?

All a bit presumptuous maybe, and I therefore really hope that this Achille Christian guy has thought very very well about the 40 questions an angel asks me in this 'game'. With God's Mercy set to 50% I'm going to Heaven all right. I'll have to try with 100% and 0%. ;)

Maybe somebody on this forum is willing to make the effort of checking if the questions make good sense (I think reproducing the list here is not allowed). We still won't see the actual weighting, though. I saw a free version with 15 questions. I don't want to post a link here but I gave enough details here for someone to find the site.

I am not really wise by any means but I think it'd be best that you stop keeping these "scorecards" and just focus on following Christ. If you mess up and sin, confess to God and accept His forgiveness through Christ and keep following Christ.

God is either Merciful or He is not. He also never changes and is constant. Because God has spared us and saved us I think it's safe to say that He is 100% merciful 100% of the time.

Sorry if this didn't really answer any questions for you but I tried my best. Your posting was a little difficult for me to completely comprehend but that might just be the language difference :)

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
I personally don't keep scorecards and I don't concern myself too much with the mystery of what happens to us in the hereafter.

What matters to me is living in and furthering the Kingdom of God in the present. Following Jesus in this life, seeking His will, serving and loving others so that they may come to know Him.

I trust Him to take care of all the rest!

Last edited:
Reactions: Happy Felix
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interesting concept. I too often wonder if I'm getting it right, or at the very least I have weak points. Just the fact that concerns us is a good sign, but yeah, a simple test might at least be interesting, and maybe useful.

As far as I know, you can post the link, that is if the rules here are the only thing stopping you.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@Happy Felix >

Possibly, you can share with us some things which you find to be helpful. And we can discuss these with you.

I will offer a few things which the Bible says we need in order to spend eternity with Jesus and with one another >

Our Apostle Paul talks about "we" "who first trusted in Christ", in Ephesians 1:12. So, a person needs to come to where the person trusts Jesus. This is very personal, I would say, to come to actually trust someone. But trusting in Jesus includes hearing and believing the message of the Gospel, and turning from one's sin, and stop trusting in and depending on oneself > Jesus says >

"let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me," in Luke 9:23.

And we do well to actively seek our Father for how He Himself is able in us to correct our character to become more like Jesus > Hebrews 12:4-14. And grow in this change and correction, which makes us so that we may

"be with Him" > see Mark 3:14 >

And live in the things of our basic Christian calling >

"And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful." (Colossians 3:15)

"with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love," (Ephesians 4:2)

This comes with praying for our Father to have us succeeding in all this. So, instead of just going through a list, submit to God and discover how He has us more and more sharing with Him.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

I'm not really into that. The Bible says very specifically that there is no score card for Christians. You are either saved, or you are not. There is no weighted score card of deeds and requirements to get into Heaven.

The Bible is very very clear on this matter, that you are either saved, or your are not saved. You either have Jesus as your Lord and Savior, or you don't.

If there was some 40 questions that you ran a mathematical equations on, to determine salvation, then that formula and the questions would be listed in the Bible.

I suggest you stop doing those things. They are leading you to non-bible based conclusions.

Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Please don’t trust in any “game” someone has devised in order for others to determine whether they are saved and secure or not. Also, keeping “scorecards” will not help you either. Such things only cause you to take your eyes off of Christ and the certainty we have in HIM for salvation. He really did accomplish all He came to do and the price for our salvation has been paid in full, “it is finished.”

The question is, “what must I do to be saved?” Scripture has the answer in no uncertain terms:

“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.” (Acts 16:31)

“Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.” - Matthew 7:21

“And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.” - John 6:40

Salvation is a free gift. We are saved by grace, through faith and NOT of works. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,352.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible says:

Rom 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

While you believe that Jesus died for your sins, and rose again, you are saved and are not on your way to hell.

We just have to be careful to maintain good works.

it 3:7-8 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people.

Because we have such a great salvation, we are to live not in sin, but righteousness, by continuing in this we will live.

Rom 8:12-13 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The bible says:

Rom 4:5 And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

While you believe that Jesus died for your sins, and rose again, you are saved and are not on your way to hell.

We just have to be careful to maintain good works.

it 3:7-8 so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people.

Because we have such a great salvation, we are to live not in sin, but righteousness, by continuing in this we will live.

Rom 8:12-13 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

It's not so much about working towards your salvation as it is about so that you can continue to have faith. I found that sin blinds you and then eventually you stop having faith. Sin has a searing effect on your conscience and it's more profound when you have more knowledge of the truth. Eventually you will cease to even believe that you are sinning and cease to believe the truth. That is the danger of not living righteously. Sin in itself doesn't kill us but rather it leads us to death which is no longer having faith.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not really into that. The Bible says very specifically that there is no score card for Christians. You are either saved, or you are not. There is no weighted score card of deeds and requirements to get into Heaven.

Can you please show us where the bible states that ...specifically, and clearly? Thanks

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Thank you for the link.

I'm guessing you are aware of the divide between those of us, like yourself, me and plenty of others who want to do as God tells us and those who say we don't have to do anything but say we have faith. In the unlikely event you aren't, I feel it my duty to tell you. Beware of those that tell you that we need do nothing to get to heaven but "say" we believe. And that we need not even be obedient to the very God who we claim we believe in, in order to get to heaven.

It's sad that it's come down to actually having to defend such an obvious truth, but some of us feel we must do all we can to see to it others don't attach themselves to the untrue, easy, thus preferable way to heaven.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Salvation isn't a game; salvation doesn't have scorecards; salvation isn't a test. No, the Bible says salvation is a Person: Jesus Christ (1 John 5:11-13). He is our Salvation. If you have him, you have salvation. Do you obtain Christ by your good works? Absolutely not. (See Ephesians 2:8-9; 2 Timothy 1:9; Titus 3:5) You enter into a relationship with God through Christ by faith and are justified, sanctified and redeemed by Christ (1 Corinthians 1:30-31) so that you might be accepted by God. If you could "balance the scales" by dint of your own efforts, if you could save yourself by living well enough before God, why did Christ have to die? There is only one Saviour and you ain't him.

Genuine salvation inevitably produces corresponding works (James 2:14-26). But those works are the fruit of salvation, not the means of salvation. The Bible describes a pretty expansive list of things that give evidence of genuine salvation, that are the fruit of it. You can examine your claim to being saved in the light of these evidences and if your claim is proved to be real, you can be confident you are truly saved. But producing these evidences in your life is not how you are saved. You are saved by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,352.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not so much about working towards your salvation as it is about so that you can continue to have faith. I found that sin blinds you and then eventually you stop having faith. Sin has a searing effect on your conscience and it's more profound when you have more knowledge of the truth. Eventually you will cease to even believe that you are sinning and cease to believe the truth. That is the danger of not living righteously. Sin in itself doesn't kill us but rather it leads us to death which is no longer having faith.
I agree 100% with your statement above. Sin does have a blinding effect, and it causes us to no longer believe if we persist in it. That is why I added the verse about "sin leading to death", and righteousness to life". It is always important that Christians understand that although not saved by works, they can not be spiritually lazy and mess with sin.

Upvote 0