Going Mad Because of Alternate Realities (Dream)

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
This is the weirdest dream I have had in a long time. It is so weird normally I would chalk this up to "one of those dreams clearly 'not from God'", but on consideration it is also very well formed.

I genuinely do not know where this stuff comes from. There is a concept of shifting realities in the dream. Though I have not seen the movie in around ten years I think "Vanilla Sky". I do not even remember what happened in that movie. Or "AI" when the son is asleep with the mother for the rest of eternity and they have just one day to spend together before that.

There are these shifting realities like a groundhog day scenario, where everyone is living multiple lives. But they shift every three days though it may seem like a lifetime. And I remember the realities, but someone I live with does not. She starts to and starts to go mad in the end and they devise a way to kill me, which I understand.

Very, very strange.

okay, so I was driving around downtown at night,

in the big city and the streets were empty. I was

an undercover cop. I go into this little store to

buy a coke and it is full of dangerous people,

but I just go in and don't worry about it.

Normally the store has only one guy whom I know,

but this guy is different. It is a different time

and so different clerk and the store is crowded.

This clerk rips me off and gets me more cola then

I ordered. I say thanks anyway, manage to get my

drink in an iced cup and politely take all of the

extra drinks in my arms though it is too much.

I go into my car.

I go to a lake/ocean and it is night. It is a

rocky entrance. I go underwater and sea a child's

playset. There is a supervillain or superhero at

the head of the playset and a child dropped a

globular red thing next to the playset. I

recognize it as a bomb that will explode and kill

everyone so I pick it up and throw it out. Then I

take the whole playset deeper underwater, through

some cavernous hole which is difficult to pass

through.

I come back up thinking I may have just disturbed

the new set of alliances and enemies people have

made seeing a number of children and that they

were switching around alliances and enemies.

I climb up shelves and find the child's playarea

shelf where his toys belong. I put his toy gun

there and then hear a woman's voice say, "Thank

you, [my name]".

I was like, "Oh no, she is here, his mom." It was

odd for me to return his toy because here I was a

child, but she knew me as another parent. I had a

disguise. In my disguise I was a preschool child,

but in real life I was a parent.

I wondered if she could tell I wasn't a child by

my full grown voice but she didn't seem to be

able to tell. Still, her voice reflection

recognized me as the parent, yet I knew she knew

me as one of the little kids her child plays

with.

I am thinking then, "Why doesn't she remember

me". Next, I shift, the days change, and I am a

full grown man. I am at a barn and with my best

friend. (I do not have a best friend in real

life.)

This is a completely alternate reality, but I remember the other reality. This is strange. Apparently, everyone has two realities and they shift every few days. In this world, everyone has had many realities. With many differing lives. I remember the alternate reality, but this is strange -- no one else does.

I am talking with my best friend about this woman. It seems everytime I "go back", she forgets. And we have a deep relationship. (I am not married in this dream.) This is a huge problem. We basically restart our long relationship everytime I go back with her having forgotten everything. Time is variable there, though gone for just three days in their world it is maybe years.

My heart and her heart is being ripped out by this process, however. It reminds me of groundhog day where one lives the same day over and over again. But mostly it is me that is going through the trauma as she does not remember anything.

My best friend has no answers.

We are talking by a barn. Which is weird, I live near no barns.

The switch comes again, and I am in this other life. The woman is there with some people. They are going to kill me or otherwise get me out of doing this, not because they hate me but because the woman - though she loves me - is simply going mad. Apparently, she has started to remember and can not handle the knowledge.

I am very much persuaded of this in the dream, and understand.

Then I wake up.

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I posted my interpretation of this dream on another thread, one about four dimensional reality and three dimensional... but effectively, I think it explores the problems that occur when one gets heavenly knowledge, and deals with earthly matters: why we have limited knowledge, where too much knowledge can hurt people, and so on. A big theme in my life this past year... but also, I have learned sometimes we have to know more, even if it is hard to digest, so we can be as effective as possible.

To do what we have to do.

Heavenly knowledge, knowledge outside of time, for instance, may include knowing when one dies and how one dies and what "matters" and what does not seem to matter.

Or, how knowledge of the future can strongly effect decisions today, or having limited knowledge effects decisions today... having too much information can restrict how one reacts, or have one react in a way they should not react, and such matters as this.

Too much knowledge, considering our limited frameworks... can really be pressing on the heart and mind, so I think it also explored that deeply, as well.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Too much knowledge, considering our limited frameworks... can really be pressing on the heart and mind, so I think it also explored that deeply, as well.
Oh how strange, I woke up thinking about that and wrote some thoughts down on it this morning.

The point where brain conflicts with the soul's well-being.

Strange Signs From Abroad - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

childofGod31

May 13, 2006
✟17,291.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I agree with you on the fact that God is keeping the knowledge (certain kinds) away because it would mess people up. In other words, they wouldn't be able to handle it. Most people will be surprised at what they will find out at the end. It would be one of those stories with an unusual twist or turn of events...

Somebody I know has been troubled by seeing images in his mind where it showed that he did something, but he couldn't remember doing it. He just felt like he did it... Dejavu kind of feelings....

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Better than a tumor. Thank you for not reporting me for off-topic abuse.
Somebody I know has been troubled by seeing images in his mind where it showed that he did something, but he couldn't remember doing it. He just felt like he did it.
Consider how Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Maybe he is getting weakened and beaten down by accepting the possibility of truth, when it is all a lie meant to trip him up.

We are talking by a barn. Which is weird, I live near no barns.
A wholesome icon of sustainability, hard work, housing life and making use of everything available. Storing grain for the future, feeding the flock under one's care. Pure Americana (in the US). Getting back to the good/simple/honest life. Honest livelihood.
The USDA.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I agree with you on the fact that God is keeping the knowledge (certain kinds) away because it would mess people up. In other words, they wouldn't be able to handle it. Most people will be surprised at what they will find out at the end. It would be one of those stories with an unusual twist or turn of events...

Somebody I know has been troubled by seeing images in his mind where it showed that he did something, but he couldn't remember doing it. He just felt like he did it... Dejavu kind of feelings....

I wrestle with all sorts of things and would guess others do as well. Regardless, I know there is some value, some higher purpose, to putting away the bad, and always moving forward.

I was just saying to someone else... I tend to have what some may call a gift of knowledge. The Spirit brings to mind things. Even very distant matters. And I have some of these matters, they have no little drama to them.

Often I know or have a good sense about the future... whether it will metaphorically "rain" on me or sunshine. But I do not know everything all the time, if I did it would ruin a lot of the surprise of life. I don't want to.

Some of that surprise is painful. We have feelings. Feelings show someone matters to you, or something matters. It is proof.

We can go, "Why did that take so long for me to deal with" or something like this. But what was one really dealing with and why? Can we really understand ourselves to judge ourselves like this? If we lose someone or if we gain them, is it right or wrong to have emotions about the matter?

Some would say a person should never have such emotions. Or that such things should be hidden.

But is it hidden or does it simply really not matter.

A real heart is effected by real people and real events that really matter.

We don't need to know the end of a book before we get there. We don't need to know the next page. We don't need to have a life without good surprise. And we don't need a life without bad ones.

If we knew everything on every matter with never a need to think on matters, to seek evidence, to weigh evidence; what then would be the value of others? Of the opinion of others? What would people have to do?

There are some things I ask to know. There are times when knowledge about situations is useful. There are many things I do not ask to know. There are times I let people know what I know. There are times I do not.

When one seeks to be more, they seek to love more, and love has a price. The most painful price of all. If one loves nothing, one has nothing to lose. The more one loves, the more they have to lose.

I believe God always sees the long picture, how things work out in the end. But I also believe He sees the current picture, and how things don't work out now. It is okay to both have emotion and perspective.

Upvote 0

BelovedLight

Seeking His Face
Dec 5, 2009
At the feet of Jesus..
✟7,859.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A real heart is effected by real people and real events that really matter.

We don't need to know the end of a book before we get there. We don't need to know the next page. We don't need to have a life without good surprise. And we don't need a life without bad ones.

If we knew everything on every matter with never a need to think on matters, to seek evidence, to weigh evidence; what then would be the value of others? Of the opinion of others? What would people have to do?

There are some things I ask to know. There are times when knowledge about situations is useful. There are many things I do not ask to know. There are times I let people know what I know. There are times I do not.

When one seeks to be more, they seek to love more, and love has a price. The most painful price of all. If one loves nothing, one has nothing to lose. The more one loves, the more they have to lose.

I believe God always sees the long picture, how things work out in the end. But I also believe He sees the current picture, and how things don't work out now. It is okay to both have emotion and perspective.

I enjoy reading your posts. I do not profess to understand it all, but the above was a nice read.

Upvote 0

ChildOfGod97

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
✟16,465.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Better than a tumor. Thank you for not reporting me for off-topic abuse.

;)

It is a fuzzy dream, and generally pleasant. There was a two fold message in there to me. Two pictures of the same thing.

It was, in a sense, reminding me to "lighten up".

In my world view it is important to keep a balance. Life is not a game, but it is not as it appears, either. There is boundless hope, but there is also empathy for the moment.

"Lighten up" is a very appropriate phrase. It has hidden meaning quite often when it is used.

I just watched the Mummy 2. An egyptian secret cabal guard member explains with dire urgency to a child, "By putting this on, you have started a chain reaction that could bring about the next apocalypse."

The child reacts with visible fright.

The father of the child sees this and says, "Hey you, lighten up".

Humor and being light hearted when the intentions are noble are important for getting through grim events. It says one's heart is alive and not like a corpse heart, unbeating.

Such hearts break through such events, they shatter, collapsing.

They may view light heartedness and humor as being profane. But they see profanity because they profane the Holy all the time without knowing it. They have no sense, no heart to detect right from wrong.

They have logic, but not empathy.

Empathy may be understood and duplicated, but not if it is empathy with long range perspective. God has long range perspective and empathy, so people have no idea on His reactions or how to understand Him. But, children of God do. Because they sense this and are taught it in their heart, they share a commonality of Spirit with their Father.

Somebody I know has been troubled by seeing images in his mind where it showed that he did something, but he couldn't remember doing it. He just felt like he did it.

Consider how Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Maybe he is getting weakened and beaten down by accepting the possibility of truth, when it is all a lie meant to trip him up.

Agreed.

[Barn]

A wholesome icon of sustainability, hard work, housing life and making use of everything available. Storing grain for the future, feeding the flock under one's care. Pure Americana (in the US). Getting back to the good/simple/honest life. Honest livelihood.
The USDA.

Yes, this dream, with some others, and a lot of guidance by the Spirit has told me, "Keep moving on".

"The Apocalypse may come any day. It may come in a way no one expects. But be truthful about who you are and weigh rightly good and evil. God has a path for you from now until forever. Follow that path. What God has before you is not between the world and the world to come. It is not between the material world and the spiritual. It is good, it is right, and it is what God made you for. Keep moving on. Here is the path even to old age, and if matters change then or before then, what is it to you? Everything will happen just as He said it would even if it happens in a completely alien way."

It is part of that message. I paraphrase, and have been told a lot over some time, but that sums up the main message I have received lately, personally -- and this dream is part of that.

Upvote 0