Washington
✟686,777.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I understand that people want to point out extremism. I understand they want to point out the wrongness of certain groups. And a lot of times they are right. You have the black lives matter that seems to believe in systematic racism. We also have certain people that want to get rid of certain movies because they feel that they represent racism, like Gone With The Wind (One of my favorite old movie). They they want to get rid of some episodes of some TV shows that show blackface, which is very disappointing to me. I get why people are mad. Our feelings are dictating what people can put in movies or not; or what people can show on Netflix as well as other streaming devices. I will not lie that I can be a snowflake myself. But I do recognize that I should not have the right to determine what people can watch on streaming and not watch on streaming just because I may not like a movie, or I am offended by a movie. If I am offended, I just don't watch. Simple as that.

Now, let me just explain to you that I hate racism. I hate racism as much as the next person. I hate it when it is done by both white, black, or brown people. The reason that I hate it is because no one chooses what race they are going to be. I will always point it out when it is done by anyone, no matter the race. For example, I hate double standards when it came to comedy shows. People would slam a white guy for saying something racist, and even try to ruin his career, while Chris Rock can joke about killing white people and his career s find. I hate that. But I also hate seeing KKK rallies. And yes, I even hate it when those comedy people make racist comments. I don't feel sorry for anyone who loses their job for making racist comments. I just think that if white people are going to be fired, so should everyone else. But I am not advocating anyone getting fired simply because all I have to do is just not listen to them if they offend me. I just think the double standards needs to be pointed out.

But what is my point? When some people point out the extremism of one group, they themselves end up becoming extreme. I can't post anything about black people without people getting angry with me. I have always posted tragic things that have happened to white people and no one questions my motives. If I say RIP to a white man who died, which I have, no one gets angry with me. But if I say that to a black man, people get mad. They accuse me of having some kind of agenda. They do this when I post a tragic event that happens to a black man. But what kind of agenda do I have? I have posted tragic events that happen to white people.

When you try pointing out extremism, you can become extreme yourself. If you clap your hands every time I talk about racism done by blacks, which I have, but you get mad when I talk about racism done by non-blacks, you have become just as extreme as you claim black lives matter has become. Can a person of color come on here and talk about the racism that they have endured without people getting angry and saying, "well blacks are just as racist?" Can you see me as an individual, and not someone who is a part of the black community trying to play the race card? I have always known that blacks can be racist. I have never denied that. I have listened to people with compassion that have talked to me about how they were accused of being racist because they did not vote for Obama. They were hurt by that. I know that it had nothing to do with his skin color. They just did not agree with his politics.

My mom (who is white) experienced racism when the social worker tried (and succeeded) to take away her foster kid who happened to be black. The social worker told my mom she did not think that black baby's should ever call white woman mommy. But we also dealt with neighbors that have moved away because of our skin color. So, we have dealt with racism from both sides.

We don't listen to each other. We are too busy accusing one another of having the wrong agenda. I post something about a black person getting killed, and a fight breaks out. I am not trying to be a troll and create division at all. But I have been accused. I will post something about a white person getting murdered and nothing happens. I will post these things without making comments and people will try to bait me. But they only do it if I post something about a black person who was killed. But they don't bait me if I post about a white person being killed, which I have done also. I have never cared about the race of a person.

I have always been sadden at the loss of any human life. But people are going from one extreme to the next. I am sorry that when a black person gets killed, they mention his race. But when a white person gets killed, they don't mention his race at all. I never cared whether they mentioned race or not. And when I post those things, I am not saying you see all white people are racist. I don't have a wrong agenda. I post things so that people who pray would pray. Not to start an argument. I did nothing wrong in my last thread that I posted. I did not do it so people can fight. A man was hurt due to wrong identification. That saddens me regardless of his race.

If you are going to point out the wrongness of any extreme group, try not to become extreme yourself.

Last edited:

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟838,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You're golden. It must have really bothered you, for you to create a new thread in hopes of explaining yourself.

It's easy to live in the extremes where differences are clear and there's little room for ambiguity and uncertainty. It saves one from the uncomfortable reality that things are not always so clear cut.

Ambiguity puts into question our easy answers, and makes us feel less secure, less certain. It requires us to admit that maybe we don't know, and that maybe our own motives are suspect. Perhaps our usual opponent is actually right in some ways, and is saying something from which we might learn something. There is no need for humility and self-examination when we live in the extremes. We can just point the finger and feel justified.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I am definitely non-racist and I want people to get along; and I agree with you, Jesse!

Color 2.jpg

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is always worth asking people what there morality is based oni.e. BLM yes they do but why do they, where in evolutio or materialism, or humanism etc does it say that any lives matter?

It is Christianity that says we are All made in the image of God and are valued and should be treated equally because of that.

Upvote 0