Livingston
✟15,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is written, “Then Jesus began traveling throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every illness. When he saw the crowds, he was deeply moved with compassion for them, because they were troubled and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he told his disciples, “The harvest is vast, but the workers are few. So ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest,” (Matthew 9:35-38, ISV).

I find this piece of scripture very insightful for all the ministers out in the world doing what Jesus Christ commanded of them. They not only go forth into the world spreading the “Good News” about the kingdom of heaven, but try to heal broken hearts by showing others the love of Jesus Christ. There are so many people lost in this world that need someone to guide them and show them the truth. These people are willing to know God, but there is not enough workers out there to tend to the harvest.

When reading this scripture, I am reminded of Jesus’ parable of the farmer in Matthew 13:1-23. In this world there are many people with stony hearts that hear the word of God, but they do not let God’s love take root in their hearts. There are also many people who allow the influence of the world rob the love for God that they once had. Then there are the people this devotional is dedicated to, the ones who are willing to accept the word of God, but are waiting to be guided like a lost sheep. They need a revelation in their lives and we need to be that for them.

Even though there are so many people not willing to know God, there is even more that are willing to fully come to God. Like Jesus instructed, we need to pray for more workers to harvest God’s crops because there is not enough of us out there. We not only need them to help shepherd God’s people back to him, but to help others find salvation in His love. However, this takes the prayers of the many and not just the few.

Just like the seven men chosen to help the apostles in Acts chapter 6, we need to get down on our knees and do some serious praying so the needs of the many are taken care of and never forgotten. I say this because in the end of the day, we are all called to be disciples of Jesus Christ and he commanded each and everyone of us to go out and make disciples of all people in all nations (Matthew 28:16-20). For this to be accomplished, it will take all of us to do our part.

Don’t be afraid if God sends you to be a worker for His harvest! Many times the Lord will use you to minister to someone and your courage and willingness to serve Him will decide if you will help someone lost find salvation or rob them of it by not doing His will. To be a worker you need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get to it. God is constantly calling for His workers, but it is up to us to listen and obey Him.

So I want to take sometime today and have everyone reading this post to pray with me. The prayers of the many are needed to fulfill this enormous calling.

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please give us the guidance and wisdom to do your will here on earth. Help us build each other up in love and help guide those who are lost to find you. Please fill our hearts with humility and kindness. Father, it is only when we honestly listen to your calling that we can reap the harvest you have made ready. Help us build up a new generation of disciples willing to carry their crosses and go into the world not afraid to share their testimonies and shepherd your lost sheep. Without your compassion and guidance, none of this is possible. So we call upon you for strength to endure the hardships that come with serving others in your name Lord. In Jesus name we all pray, Amen.

Reactions: W2L

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is written, “Then Jesus began traveling throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every disease and every illness. When he saw the crowds, he was deeply moved with compassion for them, because they were troubled and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he told his disciples, “The harvest is vast, but the workers are few. So ask the Lord of the harvest to send out workers into his harvest,” (Matthew 9:35-38, ISV).

I find this piece of scripture very insightful for all the ministers out in the world doing what Jesus Christ commanded of them. They not only go forth into the world spreading the “Good News” about the kingdom of heaven, but try to heal broken hearts by showing others the love of Jesus Christ. There are so many people lost in this world that need someone to guide them and show them the truth. These people are willing to know God, but there is not enough workers out there to tend to the harvest.

When reading this scripture, I am reminded of Jesus’ parable of the farmer in Matthew 13:1-23. In this world there are many people with stony hearts that hear the word of God, but they do not let God’s love take root in their hearts. There are also many people who allow the influence of the world rob the love for God that they once had. Then there are the people this devotional is dedicated to, the ones who are willing to accept the word of God, but are waiting to be guided like a lost sheep. They need a revelation in their lives and we need to be that for them.

Even though there are so many people not willing to know God, there is even more that are willing to fully come to God. Like Jesus instructed, we need to pray for more workers to harvest God’s crops because there is not enough of us out there. We not only need them to help shepherd God’s people back to him, but to help others find salvation in His love. However, this takes the prayers of the many and not just the few.

Just like the seven men chosen to help the apostles in Acts chapter 6, we need to get down on our knees and do some serious praying so the needs of the many are taken care of and never forgotten. I say this because in the end of the day, we are all called to be disciples of Jesus Christ and he commanded each and everyone of us to go out and make disciples of all people in all nations (Matthew 28:16-20). For this to be accomplished, it will take all of us to do our part.

Don’t be afraid if God sends you to be a worker for His harvest! Many times the Lord will use you to minister to someone and your courage and willingness to serve Him will decide if you will help someone lost find salvation or rob them of it by not doing His will. To be a worker you need to be willing to roll up your sleeves and get to it. God is constantly calling for His workers, but it is up to us to listen and obey Him.

So I want to take sometime today and have everyone reading this post to pray with me. The prayers of the many are needed to fulfill this enormous calling.

Prayer:

Dear Heavenly Father,

Please give us the guidance and wisdom to do your will here on earth. Help us build each other up in love and help guide those who are lost to find you. Please fill our hearts with humility and kindness. Father, it is only when we honestly listen to your calling that we can reap the harvest you have made ready. Help us build up a new generation of disciples willing to carry their crosses and go into the world not afraid to share their testimonies and shepherd your lost sheep. Without your compassion and guidance, none of this is possible. So we call upon you for strength to endure the hardships that come with serving others in your name Lord. In Jesus name we all pray, Amen.

In this world there are many people with stony hearts that hear the word of God, but they do not let God’s love take root in their hearts.

The parable of the sower teaches us that hardship can cause us to be unfruitful.

Matthew 13:20 But he who received the seed on stony places, this is he who hears the word and immediately receives it with joy; 21 yet he has no root in himself, but endures only for a while. For when tribulation or persecution arises because of the word, immediately he stumbles.

These scriptures go well with the parable of the sower.

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Romans 5:3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.

Upvote 0