Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And refresher courses for a whole lot of those who are citizens.

Unfortunately the education system is so broken that it does not do a very good job of teaching English to the English speaking.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Unfortunately the education system is so broken that it does not do a very good job of teaching English to the English speaking.

Trump's Tweets sure do prove you to be correct about that, sadly.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
It's almost as if taxpayers want the wall and are willing to pay for it. Even if not enough money is raised, the current 18,036 donations are more meaningful as implied intent than any signatures on a petition. Every single donation to this fund is implied consent, willingness to fund, and approval of the wall backed be real world currency to be used for that purpose.

GoFundMe launched to pay for Trump's border wall, nears $1M in two days

View attachment 247289

Click here to support We The People Will Fund The Wall organized by The Wall Fundraising Team

The people who have paid into this go fund me should be ashamed. Trump cant even say he was wrong about another country paying for a wall on their border - against their citizens.

If you find a fool, bump his/her head - that is what is happening. Trump told the American people that Mexico would pay for the wall so that they would vote him in - now he wants the people to pay. Teh lulz.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
It's worth the risk if it's Spargelzeit.
It really isnt. That stuff is horrible and the only reason it is so common is because of a gigantic marketing campaign. It has no nutrional value, tastes of nothing and is stringy.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In the largest federal land seizure in 25 years, the Department of Justice filed more than 420 eminent domain actions against property owners in Texas and three other states to build a border fence—paying $25 million for 21,000 acres of land for 654 miles of fencing to block migrants from crossing the border.

As President Trump pushes for a U.S.-Mexico border wall—sparking political tension between the two countries—The Texas Tribune and ProPublica show how the U.S. government is likely to seize land for new wall segments by analyzing how it acquired land for border fencing.

Under federal eminent domain law, landowners can’t fight the taking of their land, only the amount the government will pay for it. Those payments fluctuated greatly depending on whether a landowner had the will and the resources to fight.

The law calls for property appraisals and formal land descriptions before a government “taking.” But federal agencies, facing a congressional deadline, skipped formal appraisals and legal descriptions, allowing the government to name its price.
Pulitzer center

*** Mind you. The Gov already owns where the existing fences sits. This 654 miles is in addition to that.***

The United States government forcibly taking land that doesn't belong to it and forcing people off their own land... Color me shocked. Well, I guess old habits of the U.S. government die hard.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Far too many people quoting me so in-order to respond I am going to group post multiple people.

Wouldn't it more cost-effective to encourage job growth in Mexico? Then to build a fence that people will climb. It's not like previous fences have stopped them from climbing in the past.

No. We spend billions a year on deportations and housing for people that seek across and need to be found. This line of thinking is like asking why do we lock a door if it can be kicked in?

For the most part, we don't have a lot of ways to hold politicians accountable for how they spend our tax money, so this would give the decision making and the power back to the people where it should be. So I don't see having more say in how our taxes are spent and needing to convince other taxpayers to support certain causes as being a bad thing.

This is what taxation with representation is supposed to be. The other part of this is we voted on a president that promised a wall. We want that wall. The individuals that oppose the wall are opposing the people that paid for the taxes to build it. So quite whining about it and build it already.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
It really isnt. That stuff is horrible and the only reason it is so common is because of a gigantic marketing campaign. It has no nutrional value, tastes of nothing and is stringy.

That's why you wrap it in ham or a crepe and pour hollandaise sauce all over it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well, as a Christian I'd be worried about anybody living well below the poverty line who decides to squander their money on what even they have acknowledged is trolling. So long as you're not living off the government in any way, not on disability or anything like that but earning every dime you make, it's all yours to do with as you please.

Its not your say what I spend my money on or how I live my life. And I realy do not need the constant virtue signaling concerning my own life. I told my story as it relates to me. My views my opinions, not to garner sympathy but to try and show where I'm coming from.

Well I'm sorry to hear that. My uncle who owns the construction company I've been working for during summers since HS was in a bad car accident that left him needing to use a cane in his 50s. He still owns the company & gets around everyplace he needs to be.

Im not your uncle. I never lived his life. I wasn't involved in his car accident. His situation has absolutely nothing to do with me. Even comparatively speaking.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Its not your say what I spend my money on or how I live my life. And I realy do not need the constant virtue signaling concerning my own life. I told my story as it relates to me. My views my opinions, not to garner sympathy but to try and show where I'm coming from.

Well now, when you decide to broadcast how you are spending your money, you're inviting folks to give their say on it. Whether you realize or like that or not. You've shown where you're coming from, I've responded to that.

Im not your uncle. I never lived his life. I wasn't involved in his car accident. His situation has absolutely nothing to do with me. Even comparatively speaking.

Never said or implied you were. You missed that point. It's not propagandistic to state the fact that there's plenty of folks who've pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, without wasting time or money complaining. He's one of them.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The United States government forcibly taking land that doesn't belong to it and forcing people off their own land... Color me shocked. Well, I guess old habits of the U.S. government die hard.

This is just ridiculous. When hasn't mankind fought over land? Are you going to try and tell me that Indians didn't fight and kill other tribes to expand their territory and claim resources? The Sioux where on land that they conquered when they fought in little big horn. No one says the Sioux was on stolen land. No one says the Sioux did not have the right to 'defend their land' even tho they themselves killed others to take it. How many differnt empires 'owned' the Mediterranean? North Africa, and so on....

Secondly this land was settled by British colonialism. We were not migrants but expansionist. America broke away from England and became it's own nation still facing the conflicts of colonial rule in the land.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Well now, when you decide to broadcast how you are spending your money, you're inviting folks to give their say on it. Whether you realize or like that or not. You've shown where you're coming from, I've responded to that.

I fine with opinion. Not even offend. But you are not somehow going to save me from my perceived idiocy of wanton spending on folly as you assume. I have a problem with the perceived superiority and moral high ground you claim.

Never said or implied you were. You missed that point. It's not propagandistic to state the fact that there's plenty of folks who've pulled themselves up by their bootstraps, without wasting time or money complaining. He's one of them.

I keep trying to deflect, not complain. You keep bring it up like I am some worthless fool that is too poor to understand when someone is taking advantage of me. That's you. I have a good life. I am proud of my girls, have a loving wife, and a home.

Stop conflating honest explanation with complaining. I use you, and sometimes conversations to judge myself. Sometimes when you go back and read what you yourself has written you find mistakes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is just ridiculous. When hasn't mankind fought over land? Are you going to try and tell me that Indians didn't fight and kill other tribes to expand their territory and claim resources? The Sioux where on land that they conquered when they fought in little big horn. No one says the Sioux was on stolen land. No one says the Sioux did not have the right to 'defend their land' even tho they themselves killed others to take it. How many differnt empires 'owned' the Mediterranean? North Africa, and so on....

Secondly this land was settled by British colonialism. We were not migrants but expansionist. America broke away from England and became it's own nation still facing the conflicts of colonial rule in the land.

I'm amused when I see this kind of deflection, even though it's probably older than dirt.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm amused when I see this kind of deflection, even though it's probably older than dirt.

Did Indians commit the same atrocities against other native Americans you decry whites for?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I fine with opinion. Not even offend. But you are not somehow going to save me from my perceived idiocy of wanton spending on folly as you assume. I have a problem with the perceived superiority and moral high ground you claim.

Never once did I assume I could save you or anybody else in circumstances similar to yours from idiocy of wanton spending on folly. Any superiority or moral high ground you think I claimed is merely your perception. Shrugs.

I keep trying to deflect, not complain. You keep bring it up like I am some worthless fool that is too poor to understand when someone is taking advantage of me. That's you. I have a good life. I am proud of my girls, have a loving wife, and a home.

Why try to deflect at all? Why not just stick to the actual topic of the thread? It's not about your life. Since you decided to share things about it, unnecessarily, you've invited commentary in response.

Stop conflating honest explanation with complaining. I use you, and sometimes conversations to judge myself. Sometimes when you go back and read what you yourself has written you find mistakes.

Well, stop conflating honest explanations with propaganda.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And wouldn't it be sad if this guy turns out to be a total sham and he takes all that donated money and leaves the country?
No. I wouldn't feel the least bit bad about it.

Upvote 0