Los Angeles Area
✟829,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You didn't think Trump was directly involved? What are you getting at?

The thrust of the story is that presidents typically don't try to push government contracts towards one particular company. That's what swamps do.

But Trump’s personal intervention risks the perception of improper influence on decades-old procurement rules that require government agencies to seek competitive bids, free of political interference.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
President Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a North Dakota construction firm whose top executive is a GOP donor and frequent guest on Fox News, according to four administration officials.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/immi...fc796cf2ec0_story.html?utm_term=.359b800b0a3f

Not a surprise Donald would shamelessly act in violation of federal acquisition law, nevermind the substandard proposal. It's all about what's in it for Donald.

Now it is a pity that gullible folks living paycheck to paycheck are giving their money to the corrupt former Go Fund Me group, but at least it's their own money & the wall is going on private land. The Bible talks about fools and their money soon parting, so that's just the way it goes. But with government contracts that's another matter entirely.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Local mayor has issued a cease and desist order.

Still no clarity on the length of completed wall: "The group now claims it is close to completing a half-mile stretch of wall"

Excitement for the project was again dampened Tuesday, however, when local officials alleged those involved in its construction lacked the necessary permits. At a news conference, Sunland Park Mayor Javier Perea said officials were denied a chance to inspect the site last week, and that the property’s owner had submitted documents to build the wall that typically take months, not days, to get approved.

The barrier also surpasses the city ordinance’s maximum allowed height of six feet, Perea added, meaning the wall is “not in compliance with city ordinance.”

Local story on the issue.

Perea said American Eagle Brick Company [owner of the land] faces fines that are double the cost of permit fees. He said the company will be fined every day it ignores the city's cease and desist letter. No dollar amount was provided.

"The staff has been reviewing those particular documents and have determined (the application) is incomplete and that the construction of the wall, at this point, is in violation of city ordinance," Perea said.

Perea said no survey or site plan was submitted. He said the application contained contradictory information but he did not provide details.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Still no clarity on the length of completed wall: "The group now claims it is close to completing a half-mile stretch of wall"

Excitement for the project was again dampened Tuesday, however, when local officials alleged those involved in its construction lacked the necessary permits. At a news conference, Sunland Park Mayor Javier Perea said officials were denied a chance to inspect the site last week, and that the property’s owner had submitted documents to build the wall that typically take months, not days, to get approved.

The barrier also surpasses the city ordinance’s maximum allowed height of six feet, Perea added, meaning the wall is “not in compliance with city ordinance.”

Perea said American Eagle Brick Company [owner of the land] faces fines that are double the cost of permit fees. He said the company will be fined every day it ignores the city's cease and desist letter. No dollar amount was provided.

"The staff has been reviewing those particular documents and have determined (the application) is incomplete and that the construction of the wall, at this point, is in violation of city ordinance," Perea said.

Perea said no survey or site plan was submitted. He said the application contained contradictory information but he did not provide details.

lolol. It seems the only thing Kolfage can do correctly is order a boat.

Though I doubt it will happen, I would laugh pretty hard if the city made them rip it down.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Lol, all that drama, all that money spent, for a failed half mile of wall.

Exactly what I expected. My uncle owns a construction company, knows all about permits. I knew there was no dang way that this was on the up & up.

To repeat what I wrote before - if folks are gullible enough to give their own money for a wall or fence that'll accomplish diddly squat on private land I'm fine with that, so long as they've got the proper permits. Which I knew they didn't get. Fools living paycheck to paycheck are still going to be swindled into giving up money they can't afford to give though.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Many people are saying Jose’s Illegal Cement and Concrete is taking over as lead contractor. I don’t believe it but many people have told me that. I’m just telling you what I’ve heard.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,425,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people are saying Jose’s Illegal Cement and Concrete is taking over as lead contractor. I don’t believe it but many people have told me that. I’m just telling you what I’ve heard.

Either way, Jose will be doing the actual work.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It appears it will be about 2300 feet of wall, or about 0.43 miles, per the permit issued by the city.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Well good for them. Seriously if folks want to shell out their own money to have a wall built on private land, so long as they've gotten the proper permits for it, fine. Let them have at it. In fact if I thought that such a project actually might serve as a pacifier to keep Donald from implementing more cruel & feckless policies that shame our country, from having another tantrum that wastes billions of dollars & shames the country, if it'd keep him from the destructive trade policies, I'd send some of my own money. But it's useless, especially on account of how the leading cause of illegal immigration in the US is visa overstays, and Donald has taken advantage of visa programs to bring in folks from the very countries he wants to keep out for their cheaper labor.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,078.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Just because the idiocy around this wall is too much:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...qh1cftn1qlzsUMQpTUkBUpAsxQsrYwRIJPQsUIDU5j1Zw

"
The GoFundMe Border Wall Blocked Access To A Monument. It's Been Ordered To Keep A Gate Open Indefinitely."

The whole "it's easier to apologize than to ask for permission" attitude is so aggrevating. It makes me laugh so very out loud that these desperate, ....people don't bother to do things correctly.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/articl...qh1cftn1qlzsUMQpTUkBUpAsxQsrYwRIJPQsUIDU5j1Zw

"
The GoFundMe Border Wall Blocked Access To A Monument. It's Been Ordered To Keep A Gate Open Indefinitely."

The whole "it's easier to apologize than to ask for permission" attitude is so aggrevating. It makes me laugh so very out loud that these desperate, ....people don't bother to do things correctly.
Thwarted again by the evil Soros Deep State!

• Haha
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,517.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

"

And we’re a bunch of elitists when we point out that they’re clowns.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

"

I LOL'd when I saw that earlier. The level of ineptitude is as head shaking as the level of brazen entitlement.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

"

Perhaps they are counting on Donald's personal intervention.

Upvote 0