Los Angeles Area
✟827,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
What’s the update, Marbles? The go fund me was shut down and he had to refund people’s money.

There was an 'opt-in' choice that donors could choose to have the money sent directly to WeBuildThe Wall, rather than refunded. But yeah, I don't know how much went to Kolfage and how much was just returned.

So how much money does he have to “build the wall” and what is the current plan?

Or how much he's gathered since then.

• Informative
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
“I wish I could name where it’s at, but we can’t name it because of the ACLU, these other liberal groups that want to sue us and impede our progress,” Kolfage said. “But it’s actually happening.”

Haha, we sure foiled the ACLU! They can't mail their lawsuit to the wall if they don't know where it is!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,672.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
59887085_364298254221100_5254576935408762880_n.png

• Haha
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What, it was all just a scam? Oh my, I am truly shocked.

And here I thought that that a crowd-funding effort to fleece gullible people out of their money in order to build a wall where they have no jurisdiction or authority to do so would be totally on the up-and-up.

Meanwhile, I have set up a crowd-funding campaign for my perpetual motion machine and for buying prime beach front property in Nevada.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,398.00
Faith
Atheist
Meanwhile, I have set up a crowd-funding campaign for my perpetual motion machine and for buying prime beach front property in Nevada.

-CryptoLutheran
[Emphasis added]

What with global warming, you may live to see that dream come true.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Interesting. This is apparently in response to an article in the Daily Beast, which pointed out some donors to the project are starting to question where their money has gone. The Washington Post has done an article since, which to me appears to try and be balanced, noting the claims of the Daily Beast, that some supporters are questioning where there money went but noting more are still confident in the group, but that the date Kolfage says construction will start keeps slipping -- in a Radio interview it was March, more recently May, and now June 1. I guess we'll see what is actually done this summer.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. This is apparently in response to an article in the Daily Beast, which pointed out some donors to the project are starting to question where their money has gone. The Washington Post has done an article since, which to me appears to try and be balanced, noting the claims of the Daily Beast, that some supporters are questioning where there money went but noting more are still confident in the group, but that the date Kolfage says construction will start keeps slipping -- in a Radio interview it was March, more recently May, and now June 1. I guess we'll see what is actually done this summer. (emph. added)
the bolded portion reminded of one of only 3 good things my dad taught me: he used to say "when everything is all said and done, there's always more said then done." :wave:
tulc(just something he thought about) :)

Upvote 0