Constantine the Sinner

Aug 11, 2016
United States
✟31,259.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Celibate
I think you might be anthropomorphizing God too much. God does not feel wrath or love except as the Word, and strictly through his human nature. God's "wrath" and "love" are simply a description of our experience of God's energies ("energies" is the Orthodox term for God's immanence, as opposed to his transcendence, which is referred to as his "essence"). God doesn't actually have emotions, he is completely impassible and impassive.

costanza.jpg

To answer your question, there there is no "break" between the Old and New Testament, that's just a way we think of it for the sake of convenience.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bryce Harris

Jun 19, 2016
Texas
✟15,461.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
What do you think God is? A robot? God expressed his love by sending his only son to die for us on the cross, God expressed his wrath when he burned down Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sin. When Jesus saw the sin and wickedness of Israel he cried. God showed his love and mercy when he forgave David, God shows love and mercy for saving my soul and forgiving me everyday, God loves us so much that he gave us a new and better covenant filled with greater promises to who ever believes. God showed his love by sending a man that would be scorn by the very ones he came to save, God showed his love by delivering the Hebrews from Egyptian bondage and guiding them and caring for them for 40 years in the desert. I can go on and on because literally God's love, wrath, and other emotions are expressed through out the Bible non stop. God created man with emotions so why wouldn't he have emotions? If God is not a God of love and compassion and holiness and righteousness then why do we serve him? Why do we serve a God who doesn't love us? Why serve a God who doesn't stand for anything? Why do we serve a God who doesn't set the standards of morality? I mean do you even read the Bible? Do you even have a relationship with God or are you just some person who proclaims to be a Christian but has never felt or experience or even known God? I mean as awful as the human race has been towards God and for him to still even deal with us shows his love and mercy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I believe the OT, but God was merciful to those who could not perform the law and had faith.

2 Chronicles 30:18 For a multitude of the people, many from Ephraim, Manasseh, Issachar, and Zebulun, had not cleansed themselves, yet they ate the Passover contrary to what was written. But Hezekiah prayed for them, saying, “May the good Lord provide atonement for everyone 19 who prepares his heart to seek God, the LordGod of his fathers, though he is not cleansed according to the purification of the sanctuary.” 20 And the Lord listened to Hezekiah and healed the people.

The wrath of God, was always supposed to be constrained completely by his mercy. This is God's will.

The Mercy Seat was always above the stone tablets of the law which killed. This means that God's mercy was always greater than his laws. Had people had faith, they would not even have reaped eternal death from the law. Nor even, a bad life.

Those who violated the law, it was always God's will to extend mercy. Otherwise, God was unlawful when he healed the people contrary to the law.

Upvote 0