Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Wrath is a human emotion projected onto God.

It's in the Bible. I'm not convinced emotions are just a human thing, we are created in the image of God and I do believe emotions are part of that from Wrath to Happiness. Humans messed up disobeyed a direct order hence everything is now disordered including our emotions. God has perfect emotions

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Along with my thread on hell this topic came up. Do Christians believe in the OT anymore? If God is the same yesterday, today, and forever than He also has wrath or is there a different God in the NT?

Of course I think that God has wrath tempered by His Love

God, our God, the only Living God, Who Was, Who Is, and Who Shall Ever Be, blessed and hallowed be His name, is eternal.

A lot of people think "eternity" = "infinite amount of time", and I disagree.

Eternity, to me, means outside of time. God created time. He's not subject to time. He existed then, He exists now, and He will always exist.

Therefore, the "God of the OT" (I really wish people would stop saying this or implying it...) is the same God. Read the OT. Did He not say several times "If you repent, I will forgive you?" Isn't that the same thing Jesus said when He walked the Earth?

How many times in the OT was the phrase "...but they repented not." (or similar) was used to describe Israel and her stubborness and stiff-necked-ness?

God is love, but yet there is a point where He says "Enough."

That's when His wrath comes. He is longsuffering, He is patient, He is loving. But there's a point in time where He can't let sin go on any further, when He decides Enough is Enough.

And I think, all of those people who think the OT God is not the NT God (I don't understand how they could come up with this, because all through the Bible, He hammers the point in that He doesn't change with Time), they're going to get a very rude awakening either after death, or during the Tribulation.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,118.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
As already said, God is the same today and yesterday, because He is perfect and not bound by time, space or influenced by emotions. When the Bible talks about God's emotions, it's using a language we can understand, but His ways are far greater than we can comprehend.

Thanks to the Lord's mercy, we live in an age of Grace, in Christ. But some mistakingly understand this as a change in God's nature. God that is love will surely punish all that is evil, for He is forever righteous.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
But a judge can carry out judgement without emotion and a judge can show mercy without emotion. So what if God's wrath and kindness are allegories for God's judgement and mercy? Just a question to marinate on.

There are verses that talk about gods anger. Can we dismiss that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As already said, God is the same today and yesterday, because He is perfect and not bound by time, space or influenced by emotions. When the Bible talks about God's emotions, it's using a language we can understand, but His ways are far greater than we can comprehend.

Thanks to the Lord's mercy, we live in an age of Grace, in Christ. But some mistakingly understand this as a change in God's nature. God that is love will surely punish all that is evil, for He is forever righteous.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

So the verse 'God so loved the world'.

How do you understand 'love '? As God sees it?

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟402,118.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
So the verse 'God so loved the world'.

How do you understand 'love '? As God sees it?

1 Corinthians 13:4-7
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

Psalm 145:17
The Lord is righteous in all his ways and faithful in all he does.

Isaiah 13:11
I will punish the world for its evil, the wicked for their sins. I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty and will humble the pride of the ruthless.

Upvote 0

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
First post!
Here is a question. If someone is "never changing" are they able to experience "emotion" since emotion means "to be moved internally"?
God is impassible, so he does not have emotions as we understand emotions. However in Jesus He can understand our emotions and relate to us. Hebrews 4:15

Reactions: Colter
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It's in the Bible. I'm not convinced emotions are just a human thing, we are created in the image of God and I do believe emotions are part of that from Wrath to Happiness. Humans messed up disobeyed a direct order hence everything is now disordered including our emotions. God has perfect emotions
John the Baptist warned of the wrath to come, but no wrath came, just a mature, divine man who was in control of his emotional nature.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your Thread Topcare.

Yes, fear God our Heavenly Father and His Wrath, repent sins to Jesus in remorse from hearts for salvation.

Without people/souls turning to Jesus and His Mercy, souls perish, as Jesus says and without repentance of sins from hearts to Jesus in remorse.

satan claims souls through not fearing God and through not turning to Jesus in repentance from hearts in order to receive Jesus forgiveness and Mercy,

God has said within His Holy Word to repent sins, to follow His Commandments, to have mercy and compassion for all others, to forgive others and that His Forthcoming Messiah would be on earth with His Mercy.

That is Jesus and His Mercy for those of whom as Jesus stated - repent sins.

Jesus said to fear God His Heavenly Father and that every hair on our heads is counted. Our sins are displayed before God our Heavenly Father and without those sins repented or not having turned to Jesus during our lives sorry for our sins, we face God's wrath without Jesus' Mercy.

Most unfortunately this is the situation and the reason that souls of whom are saved in Purgatory require either prayers said continuously for them (for their purification) or either 3 Masses offered up for them. Jesus has appeared to so many of His Nuns/Saints each century imploring them with the same or similar Holy messages reflected in His Holy Word to repent sins, to receive His Holy Eucharist of which contain His Blessings, Gifts and Graces and to turn to Him and His Mercy otherwise we face God our Heavenly Father's wrath eternally lost to Him going to Hell.

Souls are perishing in great numbers Jesus is imploring through His Saints and through our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary because we are not repenting sins to Jesus from hearts regularly and/or hearts are not turning to Him in order to receive His Mercy now and at the hour of death.

Fear God, repent sins to Jesus in order to receive His Mercy now and eternally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your Thread Topcare.

Yes, fear God our Heavenly Father and His Wrath, repent sins to Jesus in remorse from hearts for salvation.

Without people/souls turning to Jesus and His Mercy, souls perish, as Jesus says and without repentance of sins from hearts to Jesus in remorse.

satan claims souls through not fearing God and through not turning to Jesus in repentance from hearts in order to receive Jesus forgiveness and Mercy,

God has said within His Holy Word to repent sins, to follow His Commandments, to have mercy and compassion for all others, to forgive others and that His Forthcoming Messiah would be on earth with His Mercy.

These are God our Heavenly Father's Holy Words within His Holy Word.

Jesus descended to earth of His own free Will from God and The Holy Spirit through our Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God. God has delivered all of His Holy Prayers through Jesus and Mother Mary to His Nuns/Saints and selected Priests each Century with His Holy words of which reflect His Holy Word stating that His Mercy is given through repentance of sins to Him/Jesus in order to receive His Mercy now and at the hour of death and in judgement by God and The Holy Spirit. Without His Mercy, Jesus says, and Jesus stated this in His Holy Word for those of whom do not believe in Jesus' Mercy through repentance of sins and God's wrath, that He is able to forgive sins and save souls eternally and now while living if they just repent to Him from hearts contrite.

God stated in His Revelations through His Priests and Prophets that He gives 7 days or a period where the soul wanders prior to His Judgement while viewing what will become of one's own soul eternally.

Heaven, Hell and Purgatory explanations from God Himself are contained in God's Holy Word within His Revelations through His Priests and Prophets. Jesus spoke of what happens to us through His New Testament of which reflect if one prays for Holy Discernment, God's Old Testament. One of the major things is that we repent to Jesus in order to have the opportunity to receive Jesus' Mercy. God's Messiah's Mercy of which God our Creator spoke of within His Old Testament.

Regardless of religious differences most Christians after having read God's Holy Word and praying for Holy Discernment daily, receiving Jesus' Blessed Holy Eucharist of which contain His Blessings, Gifts and Graces and turning to Jesus in trust, know that repentance of sins to Jesus is a necessity for soul salvation.

If God allowed Jesus His only begotten Son to descend to earth and suffer the worst sufferings His Agonies, His Torments, the abuses, persecutions, tortures and His bitter Passion while sacrificing everything material during His Life, then we are obviously not going to be forgiven our sins without repentance to Jesus. Because it is through Jesus' Holy Wounds, His Blood and Sacrifices, His Mercy, that is the only way to The Father to accept us and forgive us eternally to be with Him. Running about sinning without a care in the world, dying and then being forgiven for all of the shocking sins we have committed without being sorry for them to Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit wont, using common sense, get our souls saved.

God created us, His Creatures and His Earth with His Commandments for us to follow. God made it clear that repentance of sins to Him before Jesus descended to Earth was essential necessary now and eternally to avoid His Wrath. God showed us what happened to people whom turned away from Him and did not repent or be remorseful from hearts. Why would this change? God's Holy Word is eternal. God shows us mercy after mercy until God would be sick of being ignored through His Son Jesus. I pray for Nations to not have God's wrath descended upon them. Here too during the summer periods. Some people wonder after experiencing shocking things why these things occur. Nature is only a small part of it. Satan causes these things however God has the power of course over satan to remove the atrocities Through us turning to Jesus and God and The Holy Spirit in repentance remorse of sins, through prayer to avert these things happening, through sacrifices, through all of the things that God taught us to do in His Old Testament and New Testament. When lightning is on the way - a dreadful storm - I pray to our Eternal Father through Jesus with the prayer Jesus God and The Holy Spirit gave me and within 5 minutes reassurance from Jesus that it will be gone. Every time Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit hear Jesus' Divine Mercy Chaplet prayed for many causes, God in His Mercy, knows I fear and detest His Lightning, sends away the lightning with the rain remaining. When I don't pray to Jesus, God our Heavenly Father, I almost get struck with His Lightning (3 occasions) close calls. Another fear are fires. God allows one to get close and when I start praying to Jesus His Divine Mercy Chaplet - for rain - that is not forecast - God in His Mercy sends a single rain cloud to pour down and extinguish the fire in the region I am at. In His Mercy. that I don't deserve after He created me, gave me His Blessings, Gifts and Graces with Jesus suffering and dying on His Cross for me to have the opportunity to receive His mercy.

There are many experiences and those that Jesus and Mother Mary in Her Most Holy Rosary hear and answer daily.

We all as Children of God have them.

We just need to constantly put Jesus first in our hearts and lives daily in trust and repentance one on ONE with Jesus and for Catholics go to confession and do the hard yards you wont ever regret it.

Upvote 0

Galilee63

Dec 14, 2013
Australia
✟43,924.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
God my Heavenly Father's constant reminder to me - turning to Jesus and God constantly and trying to obey His Commandments and serve Him asking for His Holy Will to be done through me, not the earthly will. God reminds me constantly to keep turning to Jesus in trust and to keep reading His Holy Word daily, to call upon Mother Mary in trust constantly lovingly and reverently, to repent regularly to Jesus and to receive His Blessed Holy Eucharist.

Yesterday I was reminded to do this from my heart.

There was a reason for this because for the first time in a year I missed last week and during prayer I was firmly chipped for my own soul good. I suffer God's wrath if I don't follow this new path God has given me since 2011. I am blocked from receiving Jesus into my heart if I have not given out compassion and mercy to certain people during God's tests. If my heart is hardened on certain things, not forgiving others in my heart, things we go through focussing on the earthly things instead of focussing greatly on Jesus, opening our hearts to receive Him and The Holy Spirit.

I was given extra years by God our Heavenly Father after 2011 when I pleaded with God for His Holy Will to be done through me, for His Holy Callings, through our Blessed Virgin Mother Mary whom called me back while ill and dying. Up popped Her Most Holy Rosary one night and despite being a non practicing catholic and not knowing the Rosary I gave it a go. What has occurred since 2011 I could write a book like everyone on my relationship with Jesus and Mother Mary, God and The Holy Spirit. Not about me. About Jesus and Mother Mary. About God and The Holy Spirit. The more time and sacrifices we give to Jesus focussing on Jesus is what Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit thorugh Mother Mary gives back to us a hundredfold.

Trust in Jesus and trust in Jesus Mercy while repenting sins to Jesus in trust one on One and through His priests of whom Jesus says to His Saints not to judge because we are all judged by God our Creator in His wrath before living in the real Life with Him eternally. This is just a stage with an audience of which is satan trying to egg us on to be egotistical, vain, nasty, cold hearted, incompassionate, non merciful, commit lies, distrust, hurt, maim, be greedy insensitive to others, selfish, the things God described in His Holy Word of the last days here on earth many of which have occurred with others waiting if we do not pray for those to be ceased while Jesus tries converting souls with Mother Mary and the Holy Spirit the Angels and Saints and Martyrs through our prayers and their Prayers for us all.

A few people recently have died in head on collisions and been shown Heaven, hell and purgatory. All do not know one another and all have experienced the same things. Their experiences are similar to the hundreds of saints of whom Jesus and Mother Mary have appeared. These reflect God's Holy Word. Our loved ones if they have made Purgatory urgently require prayers for them - some Our Father's and Hail Mary's, Jesus' Holy Wound Chaplet of which is non-denominational if one chooses and there is the Holy Souls in Purgatory Prayer God Himself with Jesus and The Holy Spirit gave to Saint Gertrude saying to pray for the Holy Souls because they assist our souls once in Heaven when we cross over. God has this on our souls imprinted when judging us with Jesus. All this has been explained by Jesus to His Nun Saints with every one of His Prayers delivered for us to pray for them and our soul salvation.

I chose to open my heart in trust in Jesus, to repent to Him in 2011 for 4 years through Mother Mary and in 2012 received Jesus into my heart and speaking to my heart with Mother Mary. Jesus is waiting for us all to turn to Him with contrite hearts to thank Him to be grateful to Him and to God, to say sorry to Him and most of all pray and talk to Him in trust.

I will never turn back to focus on earthly things, material things, worry about my next piece of bread, clothing, effects, holidays, breaks away, movies, television, phones, bills, everything is literally handed over in trust to Jesus and Mother Mary with Jesus for 5 years hearing answering and blessing me with every essential because Mother Mary loves bringing back to Jesus Her Son souls to be saved and souls to assist Jesus and Mother Mary for conversion to be saved from satan's clutches now to protect while being converted and eternally. With Christian missionary works of Jesus that are His and His Holy Works, we are all called as Christians to serve Him in the Holy ways He has planned for us if we but pray ask and trust in Jesus. Jesus provides everything that we need and Jesus has taught and shown and given me everything needed step by step for 5 years to do what He wants me to do with our Blessed Heavenly Mother Mary right by His Side always.

Never think for a moment that Jesus and Mother Mary are not "One" together. Never think for a moment that Mother Mary does not implore Jesus to save our souls as people die and are crossing over with satan grabbing at them. Literally. I never thought or believed in those things until having been shown and until having been told by Jesus and Mother Mary. Mother Mary has God's Angels and Saints and Martyrs praying for our souls while trying to convert our souls to be saved eternally. Then people just disrespect, disbelieve and are irreverent. God is seeing these blasphemies and we are accountable for not loving, being grateful and thanking Jesus and Mother Mary for having suffered their Sorrows on earth for us and our salvation eternally. Mother Mary is there asking for souls on their way to damnation destined for hell to be saved continuously and those of whom are off to purgatory in the worst degrees for years in our time. The heat is indescribable to us here. The heat is unbearable to be cleansed purified. The only way our loved ones can exit is through prayer, sacrifices of our earthly things, 3 Holy Masses offered up through Jesus' and Mother Mary's priests and there are so many Holy reasons for this within God's Holy Mysteries, some I know and many I don't. This is the Holy Way God deigned (is that the word?) what God wanted despite what people think of the catholic religion the priests and everything about the history of the catholic church. Jesus fulfilled God's Holy Word and Covenant instilling His Disciples as His Priests with Saint Peter chosen with God and The Holy Spirit to found His Catholic Church and Universal Church.

God's Prayer from Himself
Eternal Father, I offer You The Body and Blood Soul and Divinity of Your Dearly Beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. Amen.

Pray this to God our Creator with Jesus and The Holy Spirit especially when you are facing a crises.

Then thank Jesus for His Precious Holy Blood poured out upon you and loved ones.

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son Jesus in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, for those in my own home and within my own family Amen.

God delivered with Jesus His Most Holy Rosary to our Blessed Heavenly Mother Mary as the Old Psalter then to Saint Dominic in 1214 and 1260 stating it was man's last means of salvation and the greatest weapon against satan. Indeed The Most Holy Rosary by and through Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary have heard, answered and delivered and ceased everything prayed for and those prayed for healed in every Holy Rosary prayed to date x 5 years and you know satan detests and tries everything to stop me praying The Holy Rosary and to stop me spreading The Holy Rosary with some ridiculous things he tries. The Saints writings were factual because I have experienced many of them since praying The Most Holy Rosary for many causes and after receiving Jesus into my heart through repentance of sins. However, Mother Mary overcomes all adversities daily with Her Most Holy Rosary prayed and blocks satan with his attempts. Mother Mary through Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit overcomes everything in God's Holy Will. I had a 5 hour drive in the outback on old rough narrow roads, no phone, little funds and other setbacks recently. I commenced praying to Jesus and Mother Mary Her Most Holy Rosary for no Roos and wildlife during the night, for a safe trip. Normally there would be a hundred roos with some landing on the vehicle, not one Roo during the whole trip and not one animal crossing for the whole 5 hours. Unheard of in those parts. I prayed again for the return trip in the dark and not one Roo with other causes prayed heard and answered immediately afterwards. Jesus and Mother Mary gave 15 Holy Promises attached to many of Jesus' Prayers delivered to His Nuns/Saints and Mother Mary to Her Most Holy Rosary all of which over 5 years have been received and are true/factual with Her Most Holy Rosary prayed.

Its not surprising because it is God our Creator Himself of Whom devised The Most Holy Rosary with every Our Father His Holy Roses Wreath going to Jesus, Himself and The Holy Spirit and every Hail Mary Roses Wreath going to Mother Mary for response and to be used for causes for soul salvation. The Secret of The Rosary is by Saint Louis De Montfort and explains Jesus, God and The Holy Spirits Holy Words on The Mystical Holy Rosary from God Himself. If The Holy Rosary had been prayed more fervently and by more people prior to WW1 and 11 these would have been ceased by Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit. If we had as catholics prayed and kept up The Holy Rosary asking for God's protection for His priests and Clergies against satan (and we were told each century by Jesus and Mother Marythrough His Saints), then the Catholic Church, by satan, would have been blocked from suffering satans attacks. Satan goes after it because satan does not want souls saved through repentance of sins to Jesus nor does satan want souls adoring Jesus in His Blessed Sacrament manifested at the altar, nor does satan want souls saved through receiving Jesus in His Blessed Holy Eucharist of which contains Jesus, God's Blessings, Gifts and Graces for now and eternal salvation. Satan went after the Catholic Church out of the whole of God's Universal Church because satan knows he can claim so many souls when they cease going to Church, turn away from Jesus because of the atrocities committed, ruin families lives of whom millions were and are baptized catholic and would have attended Holy Mass to be Baptized, to be confirmed, to repent sins most greatly of all to Jesus and to receive His Mercy now and at the hour of death of which Jesus is able to protect us while converting.

God in His wrath warned many of these things in His Holy Word, through Jesus appearing to His Nuns/Saints/Priests and through Mother Mary each Century. Marypages contain just some of Jesus' Holy words and prayers to His Nuns/Saints. I was shown this site after having received Jesus into my heart with Mother Mary praying The Holy Rosary and then led by Jesus to pray His Divine Mercy Chaplet. I have only read a few of the things Jesus has said and Mother Mary has said - many of these things over 4 yrs have been said by Jesus to my heart and by Mother Mary.

Its too late if people have an accident or become ill or die suddenly and have not turned to Jesus in repentance of sins to receive His Mercy. Those of whom have passed over then face Purgatory to be cleansed in fire that is indescribable and in different worse degrees according to our sins. Those souls of our loved ones children and others whom we did not pray for over the years can still be there and just wait for a few prayers to Jesus and Mother Mary. God loves the Holy souls in purgatory prayed for regularly. There is no other way of putting it. I know it in my heart and Jesus in particular loves and is so grateful to receive prayers for all of the Holy Souls in Purgatory. Jesus warmth and smile and glow was given to me yesterday for praying quite a while by Mother Mary prompting me and leading me with The Holy Spirit to pray for them. If that was not by Jesus and Mother Mary and The Holy Spirit I would not have received Jesus happy with me yesterday. Truly. Jesus loves that we set time aside for Him and to pray for others and The Holy Souls in Purgatory.

And at that moment and during our lives we may in God's Holy Will, avoid God's wrath through Jesus and our prayers for others and The Holy Souls in Purgatory. I was thanked by Jesus and Mother Mary yesterday for all of the prayers of God's for the Holy Souls directly afterwards. yet it is Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit and Mother Mary Whom do all of the long arduous difficult self-less never ending Holy tasks of trillions of Holy Tasks per second, and saving souls in there and souls on their way to eternal damnation are the first category.

People wont ever regret praying for all of The Holy Souls in Purgatory to God our Heavenly - Jesus, God and The Holy Spirit.

Love to all of my brothers and sisters in our Merciful Lord Jesus.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dece870717

Dec 22, 2015
Crown Point, IN
✟15,383.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think one of the problems is a lot of people don't seem to read/pay attention much to the OT. There is also a distinction in the the types of miracles God did in the OT vs the NT, this I guess causes people to think the OT God is different or not the same. Most miracles in the OT are showcased as divine judgement; The Flood, fire and brimstone, drowning Pharaoh's army, plagues, snakes, strange fire incident, Uzzah touching the ark, an angel killing 185,000 Assyrians and on and on. Then you have the NT where the majority of recorded miracles are ones of healing, blessing and etc.

"Of course I think that God has wrath tempered by His Love" This is technically not correct, God's attributes are not tempered or controlled/affected by one or the other, He is filled with all of His attributes, at all times, but in full control of all of His attributes, at all times. God is right now, full of wrath while also being full of love, at the same time, for example, God fully expresses His love to those right now in Heaven, while at the same time fully expressing His wrath to those in Hell right now.

But in regards to the topic of has God changed from the OT to the NT, of course not, just read Revelation, God is going to kill literally billions of people in the future, if someone thinks the God of the OT is "bad" just tell them to wait till they see what the God of the NT is going to do to the people of this planet when He pours out His full fury in divine judgement.

Reactions: topcare
Upvote 0

topcare

The Eucharist is Life
Apr 8, 2014
✟12,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John the Baptist warned of the wrath to come, but no wrath came, just a mature, divine man who was in control of his emotional nature.

It did come when the Temple was destroyed and Israel demolished in 70 AD, so yes wrath did come and come swiftly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It did come when the Temple was destroyed and Israel demolished in 70 AD, so yes wrath did come and come swiftly.
That's not what John was referring to, the Messiah as conceived of in Judaism, was expected to take up David's seat as King, destroy Israels oppressors and rule the earth from Israel. Those hearing John would have understood him to mean wrath was eminent, not in 40 years. Besides, that wasn't wrath, Israel was simply un-chosen, they lost another war.

Upvote 0

Xalith

Apr 6, 2015
✟19,943.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's not what John was referring to, the Messiah as conceived of in Judaism, was expected to take up David's seat as King, destroy Israels oppressors and rule the earth from Israel. Those hearing John would have understood him to mean wrath was eminent, not in 40 years. Besides, that wasn't wrath, Israel was simply un-chosen, they lost another war.

They misconstrued what Isaiah, Daniel, etc meant by their Scriptures, and SOME of those Scriptures were meant to be End Times prophesy and they took it to mean it was going to happen in the first century AD.

It was SO bad, that you had Christians during Paul's time standing around doing nothing but looking up at the sky awaiting Christ's return so much so that they had to tell these people to get back to work, that we were meant to work for Him on this Earth until He comes for us either when we die or when the End does come.

Upvote 0

StanJ

Student & Correct Handler of God's Word.
May 3, 2016
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
✟3,516.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Liberals
That wasn't God's wrath, that was the end of the Old Covenant, which Luke described in Hebrews 8:13.

Upvote 0

1John2:4

Jun 8, 2016
New Braunfels, TX
✟32,608.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
If God the Father is never changing, does He really have emotion? This is just one of those questions that make you go [emoji55]
He can be a jealous God and angry and sorry he created man kind, those are emotions so yeah, I think he can, plus we are made in his image so I would assume that would be a part of Him if it is part of us.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He can be a jealous God and angry and sorry he created man kind, those are emotions so yeah, I think he can, plus we are made in his image so I would assume that would be a part of Him if it is part of us.
Ok...here is another twist that will make you mind explode. If God is omniscient, how can he be happy or angry or have any emotion whatsoever if everything is happening exactly how he expected it?

Reactions: 1John2:4
Upvote 0