gods word

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Sorry, fruit, not apple. However, it could have been an apple, because it seems to be common to replace things with other things in the bible.

I was just reading a reason why the bible says rabbits chew their cud. That the word was general and wasnt actually rabbit. Translators chose rabbit just because. Once people questioned rabbits chewing their own cud, later version of the bible were "re translated" to put a different animal in place of rabbit, to fix the mistake.

So, if they can do it, I can give the "fruit" Any name I want. :D

Today at 06:39 AM Pray4Isrel said this in Post #6

An apple?  Wow... it doesn't say in any Bible that it was an apple.  I hope this is not another example of someone not actually reading the story but trying to explain it anyway ;)

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
15th March 2003 at 09:33 PM rcr said this in Post #1

Gods words are important because it shows the way of liife . It says that he died on the cross. He gave us a sencond chance.

Its very important.

Please provide the evidence to back up that claim.

Upvote 0

crazyfingers

May 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Visit site
✟18,923.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yesterday at 03:09 AM Arikay said this in Post #4

Yep, two people ate an apple.

And it took a human sacrifice to fix it.

:)

Yes, two people who, according to Christian mythology, did not know right from wrong. And on top of that, an all-knowing god was not paying attention when they ate the fruit and even though he should have known, he blames the kids instead of himself. 

It's all pretty senseless.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Yep. I have asked before but got no answer as to why adam and eve were at fault.

If they didnt know right from wrong, how did they know to trust god and not to trust the snake?

Its funny, They only knew not to trust the snake, after they ate the apple. But after they ate the apple they got punished for it.

sounds confusing to me.

It makes me think of a puppy. If my puppy gets introuble and does something wrong, who is to blame, the puppy (that doesnt know any better) or me, for not watching my puppy? Should I punish the puppy with slow, hard, death because he didnt know any better?

Today at 05:22 PM crazyfingers said this in Post #12

Yes, two people who, according to Christian mythology, did not know right from wrong. And on top of that, an all-knowing god was not paying attention when they ate the fruit and even though he should have known, he blames the kids instead of himself. 

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
Today at 01:22 AM crazyfingers said this in Post #12

If you call it mythology so be it. But you have to admit that it is the only myth that has not been disproven. Adam and Eve knew right from wrong, I don't know where you got that from? They were given a choice(free will)
God specifically told them not to eat from the tree, yet they chose to.
They knew they had done wrong.

To say that God was not paying attention is wrong also. All is done according to his plan.

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
Really, they knew right from wrong?

Can you show us how they knew right from wrong before their eating of the fruit?

Today at 05:32 PM SBfaithful said this in Post #14

If you call it mythology so be it. But you have to admit that it is the only myth that has not been disproven. Adam and Eve knew right from wrong, I don't know where you got that from? They were given a choice(free will)
God specifically told them not to eat from the tree, yet they chose to.
They knew they had done wrong.

To say that God was not paying attention is wrong also. All is done according to his plan.

Upvote 0

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
Today at 01:44 AM Arikay said this in Post #15

Really, they knew right from wrong?

Can you show us how they knew right from wrong before their eating of the fruit?

I already said that God told them not to eat from a certain tree. They could have anything else in the garden. If God (the one who created them) told them not to do something then they knew it was wrong.

They tried to hide from God because they didn't know it was wrong.
I don't think so.

That is the first sin.
I don't know what else you want me to say w/o quoting scripture.

Upvote 0

Quath

Nov 21, 2002
Livermore, CA
Visit site
✟15,831.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Democrat
Why didn't God sacrifice Jesus after Adam and Eve ate the fruit? It would have been much more efficient that way. Why wait the thousands of years where people were going to hell because they never heard of God nor could live up to His standards?

Scott (Quath)

Upvote 0

Arikay

HI
Jan 23, 2003
Visit site
✟21,317.00
Faith
Taoist
If God (the one who created them) told them not to do something then they knew it was wrong.

Again, explain to me, how they knew it was wrong before they had the knowledge of right and wrong?

I don't think so.

They tried to hide from god only After they eaten the fruit and gained knowledge of good and evil (right and wrong), not before.

Today at 05:52 PM SBfaithful said this in Post #16

I already said that God told them not to eat from a certain tree. They could have anything else in the garden. If God (the one who created them) told them not to do something then they knew it was wrong.

I don't think so.

That is the first sin.
I don't know what else you want me to say w/o quoting scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
hey quath-
you think that people of the OT had no chance at salvation? why you think such a thing?

your quote:

so wait quath... Why didn't God sacrifice Jesus after Adam and Eve ate the fruit? It would have been much more efficient that way. Why wait the thousands of years where people were going to hell because they never heard of God nor could live up to His standards?

Scott (Quath)

PS, will someone tell me how to do the quote in a box thing?

Upvote 0

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
Today at 02:50 AM Arikay said this in Post #18

If God (the one who created them) told them not to do something then they knew it was wrong.

Again, explain to me, how they knew it was wrong before they had the knowledge of right and wrong?

I don't think so.

They tried to hide from god only After they eaten the fruit and gained knowledge of good and evil (right and wrong), not before.

the ultimate authority figure told them not to, yet they did anyway.
They blatantly disobeyed God.

They disobeyed a direct order.

Genesis 3:13
...The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate"

Deceived from what, the truth?

Upvote 0

SBfaithful

Mar 11, 2003
Houston
Visit site
✟393.00
Faith
Baptist
Today at 02:35 AM Quath said this in Post #17

Why didn't God sacrifice Jesus after Adam and Eve ate the fruit? It would have been much more efficient that way. Why wait the thousands of years where people were going to hell because they never heard of God nor could live up to His standards?

Scott (Quath)
In the Old Testament there was a different covenant.
The people of that time used blood atonment for sin.
They sacrificed animals to God to be forgiven of their sins.

Upvote 0