✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Paul of course agrees:

For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: ‘Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.’] 11 Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because ‘the righteous will live by faith.’ 12 The law is not based on faith;
Gal3:10-12

• Agree
Reactions: listed
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The spiritual intent of the fourth commandment, in those TRULY born again is upheld seven days a week. You don't have to be instructed to follow it, you daily want to follow it.

I would be more than happy for the above to be brought out as often as anyone would like. Wonderful!!

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lets put the whole post up that it concerns, so no one wants to take it out of its context(not that they would)

Sadly, people who can only quote the letter, will never appreciate, or be able to discern spiritual reality.
God told Moses, the Israelites were a stiff necked, heathen people who would soon desert him once they reached the promised land. Most of the time they only sought to mechanically obey, as it were the legalistic law. They in their hearts, obviously did not want to reflect, and contemplate on God and His goodness to them. And so, it is obvious such people were instructed to put aside a certain day to reflect on God, his goodness to them and thank and praise him for his goodness to them.
However, under the NC, it is a very different covenant, as Jeremiah prophesied. Christ dwells in you through the Spirit. He lives in you. Now if Christ is in you, you cannot fail to meditate on him each and every day of your life(including Saturday). You will naturally reflect on God's goodness to you every day of the week and praise him from your heart for what he has done for you through Christ. The spiritual intent of the fourth commandment, in those TRULY born again is upheld seven days a week. You don't have to be instructed to follow it, you daily want to follow it.
And of course, Paul reasoned something along these lines himself:

One man considers one day more sacred/Holy than another, another man considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in their own mind
Rom14:5

Of course, those who can only see the partial letter, cannot understand, or accept this, so they will just keep going with contradictory beliefs. Stating they accept as Christians people who have no consciousness of sin they believe concerns law that is written in their mind and placed on their heart, while at the same time relentlessly quoting 1John3:4&rom3:20

Those who have to be instructed under the NC to put aside work, in order to meditate on God and his goodness to them on a certain day a week, should reflect as to why that is so. That may be so for them, but it does not follow it is the same for everyone else

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Did not Paul write that he did not know lust except the Law stated though shall not covet? We still need the Law to show us the way of salvation. Not that salvation is of keeping the Law but disobedience to the Law results in judgement if not repented of.
You need to be told this more than once and often? Why?

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Seventh-day Adventist, I honour my Father in Heaven by keeping His commandment, the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God.
I had to stop reading you posts to each other and respond to this one 7th.

"keep" from the lips of SDAs is a grave misnomer. To keep the Sabbath one must never think anything that is not Holy. I have never, in all my days rubbing elbows with even the most pious SDAs, ever found one that didn't talk about worldly things. Pastors, in their sermons, talk about things of a worldly nature. In the announcement time slot during the worship service people plug their topics like "don't forget the cookie sale the Pathfinders are having tomorrow". On your way to church do you read the signs or look at a new model car and wish you had one. Many of my friends eat out on the supposed Holy day. I could go on and on and in your heart you know you do not "keep" Sabbath. But, you tell others that we have to keep it in order to be saved. Oh, you say you don't ever do that. Well, you are not teaching what your prophet wrote then. You are allowing others to go to hell because you won't tell them the truth as the church proclaims it to be. People have to join in order to find out what the church really believes. Been there and done that.

Others, through their 'tradition' have set aside the 4th commandment, thus nullifying it. They acknowledge they have no commandment for what they do, and they acknowledge that they disregard the 4th commandment in its explicit words as written in Exodus 20:8-11 KJB.
Jesus set aside the 4th commandment when He fulfilled the law. Paul, Jesus ambassador on this Earth, wrote an eloquent statement on that issue. It is the one that truly convinced me I am not under the ritual command to observe the 7th day. It goes like this:
Gal 3
7 The Law was written in letters on stone. Even though it was a way of serving God, it led to death. But even that way of serving God came with glory. The glory lasted for only a short time. Even so, the people of Israel couldn’t look at Moses’ face very long. 8 Since all this is true, won’t the work of the Holy Spirit be even more glorious? 9 The law that condemns people to death had glory. How much more glory does the work of the Spirit have! His work makes people right with God. 10 The glory of the old covenant is nothing compared with the far greater glory of the new. 11 The glory of the old lasts for only a short time. How much greater is the glory of the new! It will last forever.

The Holy Spirit never convicted me to observe the Sabbath, man did. The SDA church spends millions upon millions trying to get the unsuspecting to join their ranks. If the Sabbath commandment is in our hearts and the Holy Spirit is our guide then wouldn't you think people would be flocking to SDA or other Sabbath groups knocking down the doors trying to get in? You and I both know that is not happening and never has happened throughout the ages.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's what I thought you'd say.

Hey Marco70, another question.

Why should anyone obey this command? - Ephesians 6:2 KJB - Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)

as a PS question, where is the "promise" in that commandment found to be written?
I doubt you would be willing to discuss the context.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,505.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As we look through the Ten Commandments themselves, we can see that there is a particular name given who is authoring them, JEHOVAH ["the LORD" KJB], in verse 5. Even so, why should we obey the Ten Commandments [Exodus 20:1-17 KJB] from JEHOVAH? Afterall, did not Pharaoh, a great and mighty king of an great empire say, "Who is the LORD, that I should obey his voice ...?" [Exodus 5:2 KJB]

For if these Ten Commandments were from merely some person of mankind, we might as well all go by how we feel about them individually. So why obey them at all? Can anyone pick and choose among them like a salad bar, a buffet table? to cast them all aside at whim without any serious repercussions?

Who is JEHOVAH Elohiym? Where do we find out? How shall we know? Perhaps the Law [these Ten Commandments] of JEHOVAH will tell us.
You do every Sabbath You take a ritual command, given only to Israel, and desecrate it every week. Well you would be doing that if it is indeed a commandment for Christians. Since it is not a command there is no consequence. Well, you ask, what about the other 9 commands? the other nine commands are dealing with morality. They are how we treat God and our fellow man. I was not a slave in Egypt, so why would I need a ritual day of remembrance? One that you believe will send you to hell if you break it?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
As a Seventh-day Adventist, I honour my Father in Heaven by keeping His commandment, the 7th Day the Sabbath of the LORD thy God.

Others, through their 'tradition' have set aside the 4th commandment, thus nullifying it. They acknowledge they have no commandment for what they do, and they acknowledge that they disregard the 4th commandment in its explicit words as written in Exodus 20:8-11 KJB.
Yes we knew you are an SDA with out this confession. Now why don't you tell the truth in your faith identifier? Are you indeed saying SDA isn't Christian?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Jesus said that if we love him, we are to keep his commandments in John 14:15 KJB, which he cited from Exodus 20:6 KJB. As Jesus has said, that He and His Father are of one accord. The Holy Spirit, who wrote the Ten Commandments upon stone, in the New Covenant writes those same laws, which are spiritual, upon the fleshy tables of the heart. Through the shed blood and sacrifice of Christ Jesus, and the Holy Ghost which He sent as promised, we gained strength to walk in God's Law, in perfect love.
Jesus isn't quoting the OT with John 14:15 as 15:10 plainly shows. Besides that Jesus gave new commandments.

• Agree
Reactions: Marco70
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We can know what laws are written upon the heart, as we can go to God's word and read the very laws that were to be written, in Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJB, for all things must be verified by God's word, as it is written in Isaiah 8:20 KJB, etc. These "my laws" of God, as Jeremiah mentions throughout his book, are also all through the scripture [KJB] as God's Ten Commandments, spoken from Heaven, before they were ever written upon stone tables at Mt. Sinai.

In them, we can see written:

Exodus 20:12 KJB - Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
Which is where the "promise" was explicitly written.
No because of verse 32 in your reference which you choose to ignore.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The comment below was part of what was written in response to me saying:

But you agree with me, you cannot obey the TC:

Couldn't disagree with you more. Such theology espoused, seconds the first great apostates' in Heaven [Revelation 12:7-9; Isaiah 14:12-23; Ezekiel 28:12-19 KJB]. Scripture [KJB] itself disagrees with you, as usual:

Presently, those who believe that they can never keep God's Ten Commandments [even with Christ Jesus and the indwelling of the Holy Ghost], are like unto those in the days of Moses, Joshua and Caleb, who resisted the faithful. Instead of believing the word, as it is given/written, they instead made excuses, pointing to others, the giants of sin, and their own feeble weaknesses, their old age [unlike Caleb later], instead of to God's almighty strength and promises. T
All who teach that they cannot, even with Christ Jesus [who being the power of God, who overcame all temptation] keep God's Ten Commandments, surely will not ever, and they will never even try, but they will make excuses as to why they could not, or do not have to.

Unquote

Concerning the TC, Paul wrote to Christians: The letter kills(present tense)
He did not state:

Because Christ dwells in you through the Holy Spirit you can obey the letter of the TC, he simply stated to believers: The letter kills.

Therefore, the posts of some are just reeling off the letter, and making pat statements from their heads that have no bearing on the reality of their own lives. Weak and misguided to put it at best. Hypocrisy at worst
Yes they place their trust in the law, not Jesus.

• Agree
Reactions: Marco70
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let's look at the second of the Ten Commandments and see if we can find anything else about this JEHOVAH, and why it would be important to obey the Ten Commandments:

Exodus 20:4 KJB - Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exodus 20:5 KJB - Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Exodus 20:6 KJB - And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
JEHOVAH says that we shouldn't make graven images of anything in heaven, earth or water, nor bow down to them nor serve them. But why?

There are many 'gods' which are represented by idols in the world. Those 'gods' do not seem to mind, and in fact, seem to encourage such practices to such an extent that idols are found in 'religious places' like 'temples', and even in common places like cars, bathrooms, kitchens, workplace, video games, hollywood movies, and even in archtecture and even just on the street. There have even been those of mankind proclaiming to be a 'god' and have made idols of themselves, and even today, in this era there is American-Idol, and Pop-Idols, and Rock-Idols, and Rap-Idols, and Sports-Idols, and on and on it goes. For instance:

Yet this JEHOVAH says not to do after those other 'gods' practices.

It would seem JEHOVAH has a likeness and image which cannot truly be copied by art or craft of mankind and is not to be likened unto that which is created, and anything that tried to do so would thus be a false representation, and even lowering the concept of who JEHOVAH is. This would seem to indicate JEHOVAH is above the created.

Jesus quotes Exodus 20:6 in John 14:15 KJB.
So the only thing we can say we like is God with out worshiping it. Give us a break. I like food only because it is required to sustain life.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I doubt you would be willing to discuss the context.
I wonder how he would answer his own question.
Should the command be followed for it is written on tablets of stone, or because it is written on tablets of human hearts?

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We can look at the third of the Ten Commandments:

Exodus 20:7 KJB - Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.​

Here we begin to see JEHOVAH's name associated with His Commandments. A name is representative of character. Thus to take this name in 'vain' is to misrepresent that character, since to take someone's name is for the purpose of upholding that name/character, as in a marriage, or adoption, or to propagate that name/character on behalf of, etc.

It would be a cruel heart indeed of anyone to take up someone's name upon themselves to then turn around and purposefully bring shame, embarassment, dishonour, denigration, depreciation of nobility, run it through the dirt so to speak, etc. upon it. Thus to violate JEHOVAH's Ten Commandments would also be to violate the character of the author of them.

This would occur if we picked and chose among those Ten Commandments, as they are a unit, associated with JEHOVAH's very name/character.
you're not kind even to yourself.

Upvote 0