are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
1. I am not a Bible translator.
2. I don't believe in "eisegesis" - so the idea of "deleting context" and "deleting the exegetical setting" for a given text - is not something I am used to doing.
A proper response to this would only draw a report about attacking the poster.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Nice post Bob, enjoyed reading this.

To add another dimension to this as well. BONDAGE being referred to here is SIN as ties in nicely with ROMANS 3:19-20 and also JOHN 8:31-36 and not God's LAW (10 Commandments) as some believe.

As it is also written in..

JOHN 8:31-36 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews who believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed; [32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. [33], They answered him, We are Abraham's descendants, and were never in BONDAGE to any man: how say you, You shall be made free? [34], Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, WHOSOEVER COMMITS SIN IS A SERVANT OF SIN. [35], And the servant abides not in the house forever: but the Son abides ever. [36], IF THE SON SHALL MAKE YOU FREE <from SIN> YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED.

BONDAGE= SIN
and being a servant to SIN (we cannot serve two masters)
PROMISE = FREEDOM FROM SIN

links also to Gal 4:21-31...

GALATIANS 4:21-31
[21], Tell me, you that desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? [22], For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a free woman. [23], But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the free woman was by promise. [24], WHICH THINGS ARE AN ALLEGORY: FOR THESE ARE THE TWO COVENANTS; THE ONE FROM MOUNT SINAI, WHICH BRINGS FORTH TO BONDAGE WHICH IS HAGAR. [25], For this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answers to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. [26], But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. [27], For it is written, Rejoice, you barren that bear not; break forth and cry, you that travail not: for the desolate has many more children than she who has a husband. [28], Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. [29], But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. [30], Nevertheless what says the scripture? Cast out the BONDWOMEN AND HER SON (OLD COVENANT ): for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the free woman.

HAGAR
= OLD COVENANT (Exodus)
SARAH = NEW COVENANT PROMISE (Jer 31:31-33; Heb 8:10-12)

links to Rom 3:19-20...

ROMANS 3:19-20 [19], Now we know that whatsoever things the law says, it says to them who are UNDER THE LAW: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. [20], Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: FOR BY THE LAW IS THE KNOWLEDGE OF SIN.

back to John 8...

[34], Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, WHOSOEVER COMMITS SIN IS A SERVANT OF SIN. [35], And the servant abides not in the house forever: but the Son abides ever. [36], IF THE SON SHALL MAKE YOU FREE <from SIN> YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED.

NEW COVENANT PROMISE IS FREEDOM FROM SIN BY WALLKING IN GOD'S SPIRIT.

CONCLUSION: HAGAR and her son represent the OLD COVENANT and those who are in BONDAGE to SIN. God's LAW gives a KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is.

SARAH represents the NEW COVENANT and freewomen and those who have found forgiveness through FAITH in the BLOOD of CHRIST.

Continuing in God's WORD by FAITH we have Christs promise of freedom from SIN to LOVE as he has first LOVED us. LOVE is the fulfilling of the LAW in those who BELIEVE and walk in his SPIRIT.

The problem is many do not know what the OLD COVENANT is and mix up the SHADOW laws with those which are eternal and give us a KNOWLEDGE of SIN that lead us to the Savior and are the standard in the OLD and NEW COVENANTS and the Judgement to come.

All true of course. And you might add Romans 6

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
That's not what you're doing. You preach a relationship with the law, not Jesus.

False accusation is not the same thing as Bible evidence for some suggestion

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sadly for that suggestion, the myth that an irrefutable point -- totally unanswerable by the opposing view - can be "deleted" simply by noting it was "seen and skimmed past before" -- is a flawed "solution" and apparently everyone but the one posting that idea - can see it clearly.

The fact that there has been no answer for my irrefutable texts and that the same old already-debunked-by-it idea was just posted begging once again for the texts to come back - is reason enough to re-post it -- even though you can get some "please don't post that irrefutable point again it was already thought-deleted in wishful-thinking by having been seen and skimmed past"

(And the other reason for doing it is to show the conversation context so short meaningless snip post after snip-post having no interest or context or meaning to outside readers - is avoided entirely)

if that were even true - then the much-imagined wonderful "answer" would be joyfully re-posted with a "thank you for the opportunity to get this out in current post again" added.

Nothing of the sort will surface when the 'answer' turns out to be "less than" and the "complaint" far more interesting than the whimper of a response that was given to the actual details posted in my initial irrefutable-texts post.

We all knew this already -- obviously -- but it is fund unmask the "game" whenever it comes up - all the same.
In short you demand agreement with you ignoring Scripture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟899,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Question to @BobRyan. What covenant was given by God on Mt. Sinai? Whatever it was represented Ishmael and was to be "cast out"

hint: the "old covenant" was given in fact to Adam as "Obey and Live"
Paul says the "Gospel was preached to THEM (Israel at Sinai) - just as it was to US also " Heb 4:1

Yet Sinai was not an "individual" covenant (and the New Covenant is) . In other words it is not as though there were 2 million sinless "individuals" at Sinai -- until they started worshiping the golden calf.

Thus it is the NEW Covenant according to Paul - the Gospel that was being given all along - but at Sinai it was given with visual aids and illustrations.

The national-covenant at Sinai is used as a "symbol" of the Old Covenant made with Adam "obey and live" because at the level of 'a nation' that is how it was framed. Only national apostasy / rebellion -- would break it. An individual who coveted on that day or any other -- would not break that covenant.

The SAME moral Law is in both the Old and and NEW Covenant as the Bible shows and as even
The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith ,
D.L. Moody,
R.C Sproul,
Matthew Henry,
Thomas Watson -- freely demonstrate that they too can see this glaringly obvious Bible detail.

Question for 1stcenturylady - what part of this did you not know "really"?? I don't think that this particular post is "news" to very many people -- not even
The Baptist Confession of Faith,
the Westminster Confession of Faith

And I think you have seen something from me like it from me before.

(hint) Deuteronomy 5:3.

hint: I have read it.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Nice post Bob, enjoyed reading this.

To add another dimension to this as well. BONDAGE being referred to here is SIN as ties in nicely with ROMANS 3:19-20 and also JOHN 8:31-36 and not God's LAW (10 Commandments) as some believe.

As it is also written in..

JOHN 8:31-36 [31], Then said Jesus to those Jews who believed on him, If you continue in my word, then are you my disciples indeed; [32], And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. [33], They answered him, We are Abraham's descendants, and were never in BONDAGE to any man: how say you, You shall be made free? [34], Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, WHOSOEVER COMMITS SIN IS A SERVANT OF SIN. [35], And the servant abides not in the house forever: but the Son abides ever. [36], IF THE SON SHALL MAKE YOU FREE <from SIN> YOU SHALL BE FREE INDEED.
You quote it and disregard it, why?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hi 1stcenturylady,

Indeed there is much scruipture to share with you but you do not believe it when it is posted. I think you do yourself a greater disservice by ignoring the scritpures sent to you and ignoring the questions asked of you as a help to the discussion. You expect others to answer your questions on demand or try and change the topic of discussion when you are confronted with too many scriptures that disagree with you or questions you are not able to answer.

NO you have not answered anything sent to you and NO you have not answered any questions posted to you. This is your disservice.

For your information some spend a lot of time in bible study and share the scriptures with you as a help. You claim cut and paste but I only cut and paste Scripture that is relevant to the topic of discussion spent in hours of personal time with God. Sometimes, I add a Sabbath signature at the end of my post in relation to God's 4th Commandment and will continue to do so as God leads after I answer a post or challenge a post that is being responded to. You do not need to read this part of the post as it is lined off always at the end as a signature.

You choose to ignore the scriptures and the questions sent to you that are posted. I do not judge you this is your decision to do so. You can make a joke about it saying cut and paste but it is God's WORD that you are ignoring and it is God's WORD that is sent to help all that shall be our judge in the last days.

Only God's WORD is true and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW it.

Ignoring the WORD of God in order to follow the tradtions and teachings of men that break the commandments of God will keep all who knowingly do so out of God's KINGDOM.

Hi my little Aussie friend,

I actually have answered your scriptures. Just not all of them at a time, otherwise, knowing the people on forums, if it is too long, it doesn't get read. I answered the first three scriptures you posted that start with James 2. And what was your answer? The same long post including the three scriptures I just answered. If there was any additions to it, it got lost in the confusion. @BobRyan does the same thing. Sometimes, I don't think he even reads my posts, as he seldom answers a point I make. This time he did when forced to. And I appreciated it, richly. It was a good start to being able to reason together. The good discussions I've had repeatedly are with ECR. Now if you are done with your accusations, did you have anything to add to Galatians 4?

God bless,
1stCL

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi my little Aussie friend,

I actually have answered your scriptures. Just not all of them at a time, otherwise, knowing the people on forums, if it is too long, it doesn't get read. I answered the first three scriptures you posted that start with James 2. And what was your answer? The same long post including the three scriptures I just answered. If there was any additions to it, it got lost in the confusion. @BobRyan does the same thing. Sometimes, I don't think he even reads my posts, as he seldom answers a point I make. This time he did when forced to. And I appreciated it, richly. It was a good start to being able to reason together. The good discussions I've had repeatedly are with ECR. Now if you are done with your accusations, did you have anything to add to Galatians 4?

God bless,
1stCL

Hello 1stcenturylady friend from the other side of the world :),

That is not true. NO you have not answered the scriptures provided to you in the posts that have been sent to you, or have you answered the questions in the posts, that have been sent to you.

Your response is not to answer a post and ignore the scriptures and questions that are addresseed to you or to change the topic. That is ignoring the posts with the scriptures and questions that disagree with you. Your response has usually been to ignore the post, change the topic or you have to leave.

I am happy to provide the links to our conversation if you like?

Upvote 0