listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NO I observe it by FAITH in God's WORD that works by LOVE according to God's 4th Commandment from the 10 Commandments not the SHADOW laws from the MOSAIC BOOK of the OLD COVENANT which you are quoting from. You mix of the SHADOW laws with those that are ETERNAL
This isn't true.

Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please tell me how I have lied to you or anyone here? Sharing God's WORD that disagrees with you is not lying it is telling the truth. It is God's WORD not mine and we should BELIEVE and FOLLOW him who calls us in LOVE to LOVE another.
John 10, Romans 7:6 and 10:4

• Agree
Reactions: Marco70
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Acts 18:4 "EVERY Sabbath" both Jews and gentiles gathered in the synagogue to hear Gospel preaching - and as they heard they were believing -- yet still meeting "every Sabbath".
Yes, and what were the uncircumcised taught there?
Noachide law..As sons of Noah
Ac 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Or would you have us to believe that Gentiles (uncircumcised) were being taught to behave as Jew's there.
Do you find that challenge at the end of those texts that says "None of that is said in either OT or NT about 'week-day-1' " questionable?
The festival Sabbaths of unleavened bread
Ex 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel.
Ex 12:16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man must eat, that only may be done of you.

1Co 5:8 Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

The festival Sabbaths until Pentecost.
Ex 34:22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.
Ex 34:22 And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year’s end.

Nu 28:26 Also in the day of the firstfruits, when ye bring a new meat offering unto the LORD, after your weeks be out, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work:
De 16:9 Seven weeks shalt thou number unto thee: begin to number the seven weeks from such time as thou beginnest to put the sickle to the corn.
De 16:10 And thou shalt keep the feast of weeks unto the LORD thy God with a tribute of a freewill offering of thine hand, which thou shalt give unto the LORD thy God, according as the LORD thy God hath blessed thee:

The festival period had its own days (Sabbaths) for rest...
The first day of the week of unleavened bread....Nisan 15
The first day of the week of weeks..... Nisan 16
So from the second day of the feast of unleavened bread ( after the "rest" of the first day) two weekly periods were running simultaneously. As well as two days of rest were being observed. The first day of unleavened bread, and the last day of unleavened bread.

Or would you have us believe Gentiles were being taught in the synagogue to eat the Passover uncircumcised?

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Sinai covenant began 430 after Abraham. The forefathers of the Israelites at Sinai didn't have the Sinai covenant. Deut 5:3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

There is no scriptural evidence for your useless claim.
There was a covenant in Genesis 3:15 to Adam and Eve, a covenant given to Abraham, a covenant at Sinai and a covenant through Christ. They are the same covenant expressed in different ways. Salvation was assured to Adam and Eve, Abraham, the children of Israel and the followers of Christ. The promise of a Saviour was the crux of this promise.

The Law was given to identify sinful behaviour so the transgressors could not be found guiltless because of ignorance.

Nobody has addressed the passage in Galatians 3 that says the Law was added because of transgression... do you say that sin did not exist before Sinai?

• Winner
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Indeed and you were shown by God's WORD that your interpretation of the scriptures is in error. You are not to die to the law but to the sins that bound you. We are released from SIN and the PENALTY of SIN.

You are indeed putting your words over God's WORD. It is not God's WORD that is the problem it is your interpretation of the scriptures.
Not sinning isn't keeping the law because sin was in the world before the law. Your version is sinning is only violation of the national law given to Israel alone. The proof is you say not keeping your version of the 4th commandment is habitual unforgivable sin. But if you're saying we must keep the law (be righteous) you must keep the 4th as written. You don't. You won't discuss this because it will prove and condemn you as the law demands and does. Some of us here understand we've been excused from the law. We understand righteousness doesn't come from the law. The Pharisees Jesus spoke to observed and were righteous by the law and yet Jesus came to redeem them. Jesus even called them sons of the devil. How can the righteousness of the law be the righteousness required by God? In that you say we sin, your claim is we're not righteous. Indeed you proclaim righteousness by the law. Righteousness is by faith, not the law as Romans says. Paul even called his righteousness of and by the law. dung. That's a way to say worthless.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Indeed and you were shown by God's WORD that your interpretation of the scriptures is in error. You are not to die to the law but to the sins that bound you. We are released from SIN and the PENALTY of SIN.

You are indeed putting your words over God's WORD. It is not God's WORD that is the problem it is your interpretation of the scriptures.
It's obvious you either haven't read Romans or simply dismiss it as a lie.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You are indeed putting your words over God's WORD. It is not God's WORD that is the problem it is your interpretation of the scriptures as shown by the scriputures provided in the post you ignored above.

If you disagree respond to the post above with all the scriptures in it that disagree with you. You have refused the invitation which only proves your error.
No, we don't need to ignore the passages we post and only discuss your select passages in denial of the truth. Both our and your passages can't be applicable for the Christian because they oppose each other.

• Agree
Upvote 0

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
ROMANS 7:6 [6], But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Q. What was it that God's LAW shows in ROMANS 7 that has bound us? Let's go back to the verse that is before....

ROMANS 7:5 [5], For when we were in the FLESH <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, the motions of SINS, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death.

A. It is SIN that has bound us!

<* NOTE: the key to this verse is delivered from the law, being dead to that in which we were held. The law revived and I died... Why? Because the LAW gave a KNOWLEDDGE of SIN. It is SIN that God's LAW holds us to. It is SIN that we are delivered from not God's LAW.>

The GREEK (interlinear) translation to english of ROMANS 7:6 is...

"Now however we have been released from the law having died to that which bound us"

CONCLUSION: ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 are talking about the NEW COVENANT promise of SALVATION from SIN; not salvation in SIN. We are not released from God's LAW (10 Commandments) as it is the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. We are released from SIN and the PENALTY of SIN and the law of SIN and DEATH (7v5-25; 8v2 6v23) by walking in the Spirit of the NEW COVENANT (8v1) we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (SIN). If you have not died to that which holds you captive (SIN) you are not released from the LAW you are UNDER the LAW Guilty before God of SIN.
Your conclusion still promotes the idea we say you can sin all we want. We don't promote this concept anywhere. Romans 6 and 7 say very loudly we're dead to sin and the law. Chapter 8 says the law can't condemn us. 1 Timothy 1:9 says the law is only for the wicked. If you say the law is for you and all mankind, you also say you're wicked as all mankind. Your version leaves no hope to anyone.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

listed

are you?
May 14, 2011
✟53,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There was a covenant in Genesis 3:15 to Adam and Eve, a covenant given to Abraham, a covenant at Sinai and a covenant through Christ. They are the same covenant expressed in different ways. Salvation was assured to Adam and Eve, Abraham, the children of Israel and the followers of Christ. The promise of a Saviour was the crux of this promise.

The Law was given to identify sinful behaviour so the transgressors could not be found guiltless because of ignorance.

Nobody has addressed the passage in Galatians 3 that says the Law was added because of transgression... do you say that sin did not exist before Sinai?
Oh, please tell the truth.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can you show us in the New Testament where Jesus or the Apostles commanded us to gather on Saturday to worship Jesus?
JLB

Matthew 5 "do not even think that I came to reduce or abolish the LAW"
Mark 2:27 "the SABBATH was MADE for mankind"
Acts 18:4 "EVERY Sabbath" both Jews and gentiles gathered in the synagogue to hear Gospel preaching - and as they heard they were believing -- yet still meeting "every Sabbath".
Isaiah 66:23 for "all eternity after the cross" -- "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" - in the New Earth.
Acts 15 - the Christian church "solution" relies on the fact that "every Sabbath Moses is preached in the Synagogues"
Hebrew 4 'there REMAINS therefore a SABBATH rest for the people of God"

None of that is said in either OT or NT about "week-day-1"

Your posts often makes questionable claims. Whenever you get a direct response, you inject other sources who may collaborate your claims or not.

Interesting response to the post of those Bible texts... do you find the texts 'questionable'??

Do you find that challenge at the end of those texts that says "None of that is said in either OT or NT about 'week-day-1' " questionable?

Everyone of those scriptures are been high-jacked .

Is the "mere quote of them" a high-jack since they don't appear to support your preference? is that sufficient cause to give rise to your strong objection to them?

Can you show us that the Ten Commandments are deleted in the NT?
Can you show us that the NT authors told us to "ignore scripture"?
Can you show us the logic in asking to "learn about the Sabbath" while insisting on ignoring any scripture that mentions it?

In Matthew 22 Christ refers to the LAW of Moses
"Love God with all your heart" Deut 6:5
"Love your neighbor as yourself" Lev 19:18

Was Jesus wrong?

Speaking of the OT - Paul says "ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16 - was Paul wrong

Jesus said
Matthew 19
if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’ Exodus 20
You shall not commit adultery,’ Exodus 20
You shall not steal,’ Exodus 20
You shall not bear false witness,’ Exodus 20
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ Exodus 20
and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” Lev 19:18

All of it from "The Law of Moses"
Was Jesus wrong?
Is Jesus' teaching to be "rejecting" by anyone wanting to "learn about the Sabbath"??

Jesus shows that acceptance of the foundation-command in Lev 19:18 regarding man's duty to his neighbor -- did not "delete" the commandments in the TEN - that are based on it.

You took these partial quotes out of context

No - I did not.

. The context show that when Jesus said "....abolish the law and the prophets", He's talking specifically about the entire Old Testament; Saying, "not one dot or comma written from Genesis-Malachi will be changed"

And emphatically stated He was not abolishing either the Law or the prophets (the Bible).

And then in Matthew 19 "Keep the Commandments" where they are specifically illustrated by Christ as being a quote right out of the Ten Commandments and Law of Moses in Lev 19:18

"The Sabbath was MADE for MANKIND" Mark 2:27
Y
Again, you're misleading and twisting the scripture to imply a creation Sabbath for all humanity

No. I did not.

The mere quote of the text is sufficient cause for some to give a loud false accusation and objection to it.

"from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" Isaiah 66:23
Another partial quote that leaves out the fact, that God is making a reference of time, saying "monthly and weekly" all flesh shall come to worship me".

"From Sabbath to Sabbath" is a very specific point in time -- Sabbath and is stated as occurring for all eternity after the cross in the New Earth.

The fact that they "ALSO" will be keeping a monthly observance at that time does not delete the statement made about the Bible Sabbath that both Isaiah and his readers knew about.

context matters.

Bible details matter.

Yes, and what were the uncircumcised taught there?

The Bible
The Word of God
The Gospel - since Paul is preaching.

What they were NOT taught is "it is ok for gentiles to take God's name in vain and dishonor parents" -- as we all know.

Noachide law..As sons of Noah
Ac 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.
Or would you have us to believe that Gentiles (uncircumcised) were being taught to behave as Jew's there.

A good example of a text that
does not tell gentiles not to take God's name in vain.
Does not tell gentiles to "Love God with all your heart"
Does NOT tell gentiles to 'Honor your parents"

Are you a gentile?
I am.
Do you feel free to ignore the word of God when it says not to take God's name in vain.
I don't feel free to ignore that part of God's Word.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The Sinai covenant began 430 after Abraham. The forefathers of the Israelites at Sinai didn't have the Sinai covenant. Deut 5:3 The Lord made not this covenant with our fathers, but with us, even us, who are all of us here alive this day.

There is no scriptural evidence for your useless claim.
We agree, with scripture [KJB], that the Sinai Covenant was 430 years after Abraham. We agree, with scripture [KJB], that the patriarchs, the forefathers, did not have the covenant that was made at Mt. Sinai with Moses and all the children of Israel.

The disagreement is in what that "covenant" at Mt. Sinai consisted of. It was not the Ten Commandments [God's "My Covenant", the Everlasting Covenant], for Abraham, Isaac, Jacob [and those before them], had those already [thus because of "transgressions" [1 John 3:4; Galatians 3:19; something else was "added" to that which already existed from the beginning]. The "covenant" that they did not have made with them, was the following:

[God] "... if ... then ..."​

[peoples Israel] "... All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. ..."

'old covenant' entered into, with Moses as Mediator.

[the faulty promises that they made between themselves and God, which they failed in. It was not God's "I will ...", but their own "will".]​

What Abraham, etc had was God's promises [Ten Commandments, etc] and His "I will ...", and Abraham believed by God's grace through faith unto obedience:

Genesis 3:15 KJB - And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Genesis 18:19 KJB - For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the LORD, to do justice and judgment; that the LORD may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of hi

Exodus 33:13 KJB - Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
Genesis 22:18 KJB - And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

Genesis 26:5 KJB - Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.​

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:
ROMANS 7:6 [6], But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Q. What was it that God's LAW shows in ROMANS 7 that has bound us? Let's go back to the verse that is before....

ROMANS 7:5 [5], For when we were in the FLESH <G4561 Carnal mind or sinful human nature>, the motions of SINS, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit to death.

A. It is SIN that has bound us!

<* NOTE: the key to this verse is delivered from the law, being dead to that in which we were held. The law revived and I died... Why? Because the LAW gave a KNOWLEDDGE of SIN. It is SIN that God's LAW holds us to. It is SIN that we are delivered from not God's LAW.>

The GREEK (interlinear) translation to english of ROMANS 7:6 is...

"Now however we have been released from the law having died to that which bound us"

CONCLUSION: ROMANS 7 and ROMANS 8 are talking about the NEW COVENANT promise of SALVATION from SIN; not salvation in SIN. We are not released from God's LAW (10 Commandments) as it is the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN is. We are released from SIN and the PENALTY of SIN and the law of SIN and DEATH (7v5-25; 8v2 6v23) by walking in the Spirit of the NEW COVENANT (8v1) we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh (SIN). If you have not died to that which holds you captive (SIN) you are not released from the LAW you are UNDER the LAW Guilty before God of SIN.

No, we don't need to ignore the passages we post and only discuss your select passages in denial of the truth. Both our and your passages can't be applicable for the Christian because they oppose each other.

What truth have you denied by ignoring God's WORD?

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Romans 6 and 7 say very loudly we're dead to sin and the law. Chapter 8 says the law can't condemn us. Your version leaves no hope to anyone.

(red emphasis by me)

No it doesn't you are reading things into God's WORD that are not there.

ROMANS 7:5-7 [5], For when we were in the flesh, the passions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death. [6], But now we are delivered from the law, being dead to that in which we were bound (SIN); that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. [7], What shall we say then? is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, you shall not covet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So you're upset because we won't ignore passages like Luke 16:16; John 1:17, 3:16-18,5:24, chapter 10, 15:10; Romans 7:6, 10:4; Galatians 3:19 and many more just for starters.

Not at all. These scriptures only support what I believe and what is being shared with you.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
John 10, Romans 7:6 and 10:4

1 JOHN 2:3-4; ROMANS 3:31; 1 JOHN 3:3-10; JAMES 2;8-12; HEBREWS 10:26-27; MATTHEW 15:3-9; JAMES 2:18; 20; 26; HEBREWS 6:4-8; ROMANS 3:20; 7:7; JOHN 3:3-7 .... to many more to list

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It isn't the Scripture you post. It is the meaning you give it and the denial of the ones we post.

Not at all. Scripture is posted, you ignore it. This is between you and God as it is God's WORD not mine.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said:

Not sinning isn't keeping the law because sin was in the world before the law. Your version is sinning is only violation of the national law given to Israel alone. The proof is you say not keeping your version of the 4th commandment is habitual unforgivable sin. But if you're saying we must keep the law (be righteous) you must keep the 4th as written. You don't. You won't discuss this because it will prove and condemn you as the law demands and does. Some of us here understand we've been excused from the law. We understand righteousness doesn't come from the law. The Pharisees Jesus spoke to observed and were righteous by the law and yet Jesus came to redeem them. Jesus even called them sons of the devil. How can the righteousness of the law be the righteousness required by God? In that you say we sin, your claim is we're not righteous. Indeed you proclaim righteousness by the law. Righteousness is by faith, not the law as Romans says. Paul even called his righteousness of and by the law. dung. That's a way to say worthless.

Just more of your words. Do you have any scriptures to share? Seems not.

Upvote 0