✟884,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Fair question.

Jesus Himself claimed to be YHWH, the Lord God.

54 Jesus answered, “If I honor Myself, My honor is nothing. It is My Father who honors Me, of whom you say that He is your[m] God. 55 Yet you have not known Him, but I know Him. And if I say, ‘I do not know Him,’ I shall be a liar like you; but I do know Him and keep His word.56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw itand was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. John 8:54-59

again

8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord, “who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:8

and again

12 “And behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to every one according to his work. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End, the First and the Last.”
Revelation 22:12-13

Peter says it this way -

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,
To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

again

10 Of this salvation the prophets have inquired and searched carefully, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, 11 searching what, or what manner of time, the Spirit of Christ who was in them was indicating when He testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ and the glories that would follow.
1 Peter 1:10-11

Peter teaches us, it was the Spirit of Christ in the Old Testament prophets.

Example:

The burden of the word of the Lord against Israel. Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him: Zechariah 12:1

Christ Jesus is YHWH the Lord God.

Paul -

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, Titus 2:13

again

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness:

God was manifested in the flesh,
Justified in the Spirit,
Seen by angels,
Preached among the Gentiles,
Believed on in the world,
Received up in glory.
1 Timothy 3:16

JLB

Yes I understand the Trinity. But you said that Jesus was the one who spoke to Moses on Mt Sinai. I was under the impression that it was The Father who spoke to Moses. I’m just wondering if there’s any biblical references that specify.

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes I understand the Trinity. But you said that Jesus was the one who spoke to Moses on Mt Sinai. I was under the impression that it was The Father who spoke to Moses. I’m just wondering if there’s any biblical references that specify.
There is biblical evidence the law was put into effect through angels, though I'm not sure you would consider that relevant
You who have received the law that was given through angels but have not obeyed it
Acts7:53

The law was given through angels and entrusted to a mediator
Gal3:19

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is biblical evidence the law was put into effect through angels, though I'm not sure you would consider that relevant
You who have received the law that was given through angels but have not obeyed it

That’s very interesting to know. Thanks for sharing that. I thought I had read that somewhere but I wasn’t sure.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
There is "one lawgiver", not two [James 4:12 KJB]. The "commandment" in 1 John 3:23 is the "Father's" commandment, which contains 2 things:

1 John 3:23 KJB - And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.​

[1] "believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ"

[2] "love one another, as he gave us commandment"​

Wherein/when did God, tell us to "love one another"?

John 13:34 KJB - A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 15:12 KJB - This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

John 15:17 KJB - These things I command you, that ye love one another.
Jesus how did you love us?

The Ten commandments. again see Deuteronomy 6:5; Leviticus 19:17-18; Exodus 20:6; John 14:15.

That which Jesus spoke on Mt. Sinai was His Father's Commandments, as Jesus said:

John 12:49 KJB - For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak.​

John 10:30 KJB - I and my Father are one.​

Jesus walked in all the Commandment of God as the example of love:

John 15:10 KJB - If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.​

1 Thessalonians 4:9 KJB - But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

1 Peter 2:21 KJB - For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:​

Jesus how did you walk with God the Father in the Spirit?

Luke 4:16 KJB - And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

Luke 4:17 KJB - And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

Luke 4:18 KJB - The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,​

John 8:46 KJB - Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?​

Right. The Father is God. The Son is God. The Spirit is God.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Jesus Christ is YHWH, the Lord God of Israel.

That was my point, with the scriptures.

Please understand this is who gave the children of Israel the 10 Commandments?

I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.“You shall have no other gods before Me. Exodus 20:2-3

• This is the Lord Jesus, before He became flesh, giving the 10 Commandments to Moses

again

• Here again is the Lord Jesus speaking to Moses from the burning bush, before He became flesh, and revealing His Name, I AM to him.

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”And he said, “Here I am.” 5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.
Exodus 3:1-6

again

For thus says the Lord,
Who created the heavens,
Who is God,
Who formed the earth and made it,
Who has established it,

Who did not create it in vain,
Who formed it to be inhabited:
“I am the Lord, and there is no other.
Isaiah 45:18

The burden of the word of the Lord against Israel. Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:
10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:1,10

• then they will look on Me whom they pierced.

• The New Testament is a revelation of Jesus Christ and who He is: The Lord God, YHWH.

The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob: The Lord God of Israel.

8 But to the Son He says: “Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You
With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”

10 And: “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. Hebrews 1:8-10

• But to the Son He says:... “You, Lord, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands.

Compare to Zechariah -

• The burden of the word of the Lord against Israel. Thus says the Lord, who stretches out the heavens, lays the foundation of the earth, and forms the spirit of man within him:
  • 10 “And I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication; then they will look on Me whom they pierced. Yes, they will mourn for Him as one mourns for his only son, and grieve for Him as one grieves for a firstborn. Zechariah 12:1,10

again

Simon Peter, a bondservant and apostle of Jesus Christ,To those who have obtained like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The Angel of the Lord is The Son of God: YHWH, the Lord God.

So yes, It is relevant.

Now Moses was tending the flock of Jethro his father-in-law, the priest of Midian. And he led the flock to the back of the desert, and came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush. So he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, but the bush was not consumed. 3 Then Moses said, “I will now turn aside and see this great sight, why the bush does not burn.”4 So when the Lord saw that he turned aside to look, God called to him from the midst of the bush and said, “Moses, Moses!”And he said, “Here I am.” 5 Then He said, “Do not draw near this place. Take your sandals off your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground.” 6 Moreover He said, “I am the God of your father—the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.” And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God.

JLB

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 3:14
And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’”

John 8:58
Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”

I Am could be a reference to the Trinity and not the single personality that is Jesus.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I Am could be a reference to the Trinity and not the single personality that is Jesus.

I also shows that Jesus was there on Mt. Sinai.

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Okay, I read all the theories, some seem logical. In Jn 15 starting with verse 10 what were the commandments Jesus kept? In Matt 5 Jesus is talking about the Law and prophets. Can we assume Jesus is referring to the Sinai covenant? He was born into Jewish society to Jewish parents. I think we can wrap our arms around that. He said not one jot could be removed from the Sinai covenant until all is accomplished or fulfilled. That even clinches that Jesus was referring to the Father's law in Jn 15:10. The Father's laws meaning the laws of the Sinai covenant. So, those who try to tell us it was Jesus who gave Israel the Sinai covenant more than likely are wrong. Those that try to tell us that we are subject to the laws of the Sinai covenant are wrong too. There in Jn 15 we read that we are to keep the laws that Jesus gave us. Here read it for your selves:

8 “When you give much fruit, My Father is honored. This shows you are My followers. 9 I have loved you just as My Father has loved Me. Stay in My love. 10 If you obey My teaching, you will live in My love. In this way, I have obeyed My Father’s teaching and live in His love. 11 I have told you these things so My joy may be in you and your joy may be full.
12 “This is what I tell you to do: Love each other just as I have loved you. 13 No one can have greater love than to give his life for his friends. 14 You are My friends if you do what I tell you. 15 I do not call you servants that I own anymore. A servant does not know what his owner is doing. I call you friends, because I have told you everything I have heard from My Father. 16 You have not chosen Me, I have chosen you. I have set you apart for the work of bringing in fruit. Your fruit should last. And whatever you ask the Father in My name, He will give it to you.

1Jn 3 tells us that we are doing right if we believe in Jesus and love our fellow man. It doesn't tell us we are doing right when we keep the laws of the Sinai covenant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I also shows that Jesus was there on Mt. Sinai.

Perhaps, because like I said the term I Am could be a reference to God as the Trinity or it could be a reference to any one of the three personalities of the Trinity. I’m not sure if I Am means Jesus, or all three of the Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. If I Am means God then Jesus is one of the personalities of I Am which is true. He is God that is stated in John 1:1. I don’t see anything that specifically says that only Jesus is I Am.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Angel of the Lord is The Son of God: YHWH, the Lord God.

So yes, It is relevant.

JLB
This is the same Moses they had rejected with the words, “Who made you ruler and judge?” He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush Acts 7:35

I'm not sure I'm happy to refer to God as an angel

However, this is better discussed in a thread concerning the subject I think

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is the same Moses they had rejected with the words, “Who made you ruler and judge?” He was sent to be their ruler and deliverer by God himself, through the angel who appeared to him in the bush Acts 7:35

I'm not sure I'm happy to refer to God as an angel

However, this is better discussed in a thread concerning the subject I think

I never said God is an angel.

The word there for angel means messenger.

Messengers bring a message or word from God.

The Angel of the Lord is the Word of God.

Angels are called sons of God.

The Angel of the Lord is The Son of God.

Angels are spirits.

The Angel of the Lord is The Spirit of the Lord.

Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
2 Corinthians 3:17

The Angel of the Lord was referred to as God in the Old Testament, by Moses Himself, and other people as well, who were independent of Moses and didn't know him, yet Moses wrote the account of Genesis and his personal account in Exodus.

Three different scriptures referring to three different manifestations of the Angel of the Lord being referred to as God.

And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him in a flame of fire from the midst of a bush.
And Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look upon God. Exodus 3:2,6

and again

21 When the Angel of the Lord appeared no more to Manoah and his wife, then Manoah knew that He was the Angel of the Lord.
22 And Manoah said to his wife, “We shall surely die, because we have seen God!”
Judges 13:21-22

and again

11 And the Angel of the Lord said to her:
“Behold, you are with child, and you shall bear a son.
You shall call his name Ishmael, because the Lord has heard your affliction.
12 He shall be a wild man; his hand shall be against every man,
And every man’s hand against him. and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.”
13 Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, You-Are-the-God-Who-Sees; for she said, “Have I also here seen Him who sees me?” Genesis 16:11-13

“By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.” 2 Corinthians 13:1

Then The Lord Himself, the Spirit of Christ, through Zechariah also refers to the Angel of the Lord as God.

In that day the Lord will defend the inhabitants of Jerusalem; the one who is feeble among them in that day shall be like David, and the house of David shall be like God, like the Angel of the Lord before them. Zechariah 12:8

In addition, It was the Angel of the Lord, as Lord and God, who made Covenant with the children of Israel and led them out of Egypt.

Then the Angel of the Lord came up from Gilgal to Bochim, and said: “I led you up from Egypt and brought you to the land of which I swore to your fathers; and I said, ‘I will never break My covenant with you. 2 And you shall make no covenant with the inhabitants of this land; you shall tear down their altars.’ But you have not obeyed My voice. Why have you done this?3 Therefore I also said, ‘I will not drive them out before you; but they shall be thorns in your side, and their gods shall be a snare to you.’” 4 So it was, when the Angel of the Lord spoke these words to all the children of Israel, that the people lifted up their voices and wept. Judges 2:1-4

Jesus is the Lord God of Israel, who became flesh and died for our sins, and rose again on the Third Day.

He is coming with His saints to Judge the living and the dead.

Jesus Christ is our great God and Savior. Titus 2:13

JLB

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
How do we know this from the scriptures?
JEHOVAH Jesus [H3444 H3068]?

Genesis 49:18 HOT - לישׁועתך קויתי יהוה׃

Genesis 49:18 HOT Translit. - liyshûät'khä qiûiytiy y'hwäh

Exodus 14:13 HOT - ויאמר משׁה אל־העם אל־תיראו התיצבו וראו את־ישׁועת יהוה אשׁר־יעשׂה לכם היום כי אשׁר ראיתם את־מצרים היום לא תספו לראתם עוד עד־עולם׃

Exodus 14:13 HOT Translit. - waYomer mosheh el-hääm al-Tiyräû hit'yatz'vû ûr'û et-y'shûat y'hwäh ásher-yaáseh läkhem haYôm Kiy ásher r'iytem et-mitz'rayim haYôm lo tošiyfû lir'otäm ôd ad-ôläm

The "et" or "את" is the Alpeh Tau, the Alpha Omega of Hebrew, the First and Last letter, the Author and Finisher.
2 Chronicles 20:17 HOT - לא לכם להלחם בזאת התיצבו עמדו וראו את־ישׁועת יהוה עמכם יהודה וירושׁלם אל־תיראו ואל־תחתו מחר צאו לפניהם ויהוה עמכם׃

2 Chronicles 20:17 HOT Translit. - lo läkhem l'hiLächëm Bäzot hit'yaTZ'vû im'dû ûr'û et-y'shûat y'hwäh iMäkhem y'hûdäh wiyrûshälaim al-Tiyr'û w'al-TëchaTû mächär tz'û lif'nëyhem wayhwäh iMäkhem

Jonah 2:9 (2:10) HOT - ואני בקול תודה אזבחה־לך אשׁר נדרתי אשׁלמה ישׁועתה ליהוה׃

Jonah 2:9 HOT Translit. - waániy B'qôl Tôdäh ez'B'chäh-Läkh' ásher nädar'Tiy áshaLëmäh y'shûätäh layhwäh š

Psalms 119:174 HOT - תאבתי לישׁועתך יהוה ותורתך שׁעשׁעי׃

Psalms 119:174 HOT Translit. - Täav'Tiy liyshûät'khä y'hwäh w'tôrät'khä shaáshuäy
Scripture [KJB] from Genesis 1:1 :

Genesis 1:1 reads in Hebrew - בראשׁית ברא אלהים את השׁמים ואת הארץ׃

Genesis 2:4 reads in Hebrew - אלה תולדות השׁמים והארץ בהבראם ביום עשׂות יהוה אלהים ארץ ושׁמים׃​

The word Elohiym in Genesis 1:1 HOT, is not a mere 'dual plural', but an Hebrew True plural, 3 [or greater]. In the center of Genesis 1:1 is two letters, untranslated into the English, the Aleph, Tau, the Alpha and Omega of Hebrew, the First and Last letters of the Hebrew Alphabet, the Author and Finisher of the word of Faith. John knew this, in John 1:1-3, etc and in 1 John 1:1-3 KJB. The second underlined set, is the Vau, Aleph, Tau, the "sign" which is suspended between Heaven [השׁמים] and Earth [הארץ׃], connecting the two, the bridge, the Ladder of Jacob.

In Genesis 2:4 KJB we read of JEHOVAH [YHVH], this was the name given to Moses. in the pictogram Hebrew, means something along the lines of "Behold" "the nail", "Behold" "the hand", and can also depict two [persons] in covenant agreement through sacrifice [arm and knife/nail]. Anyone may google this.

John 20:27 KJB - Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.​

JEHOVAH Jesus, the person of the Son of the Father, the very "my fellow" of the Father.

John 5:39 KJB - Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify about me.

Zechariah 13:7 KJB - Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
JEHOVAH Immanuel [H3068 H5973 H430], who is this?:

Psalms 46:7 (46:8) HOT - יהוה צבאות עמנו משׂגב־לנו אלהי יעקב סלה׃

Psalms 46:7 HOT Translit. - y'hwäh tz'väôt iMänû mis'Gäv-länû élohëy yaáqov šeläh

Psalms 46:11 (46:12) HOT - יהוה צבאות עמנו משׂגב־לנו אלהי יעקב סלה׃

Psalms 46:11 HOT Translit. - y'hwäh tz'väôt iMänû mis'Gäv-länû élohëy yaáqov šeläh​

Those spoke of JEHOVAH Immanuel, as do these:

Isaiah 7:14 KJB - Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Isaiah 8:8 KJB - And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

Isaiah 8:10 KJB - Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

Matthew 1:23 KJB - Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.​

Which seems to be known by Paul, who cited Psalms 45 and 102:

Hebrews 1:8 KJB - But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Hebrews 1:9 KJB - Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

[the following "And" means that the Father is still speaking to the Son, and Paul quotes another verse:]
Hebrews 1:10 KJB - And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Hebrews 1:11 KJB - They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

Hebrews 1:12 KJB - And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Thus Paul says that the Father [JEHOVAH Ancient of Days] was speaking to the Son [JEHOVAH Jesus, JEHOVAH Immanuel], in Psalms 102 -

Psalms 102:16 When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.

... [Psalms 102:16 (102:17) HOT - כי־בנה יהוה ציון נראה בכבודו׃]

... [Psalms 102:16 HOT Translit. - Kiy-vänäh y'hwäh tziYôn nir'äh Bikh'vôdô]
Psalms 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Psalms 102:26 They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:

Psalms 102:27 But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
We can see that Paul taught this from Hebrews 13:

Hebrews 13:5 KJB - Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

[the "I AM" with thee, the JEHOVAH Immanuel, the God with us - Genesis 28:15; Deuteronomy 31:6,8; Joshus 1:5; 1 Samuel 12:22; 1 Chronicles 28:20; Psalms 37:28; Isaiah 41:10,17; Matthew 28:20; Acts 18:10 KJB]
Hebrews 13:6 KJB - So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

[JEHOVAH Jesus our "helper" - Exodus 18:4; Psalms 40;17; Isaiah 41:10,14 KJB, etc

Matthew 15:25 KJB - Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.]
Hebrews 13:7 KJB - Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation.

Hebrews 13:8 KJB - Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
For a lot more, see the following Thread - [Link]

That Jesus is the "Angel of the LORD", even "Michael the Archangel" [not a created Being, but the eternal divine Son of God, the Father, the Highest Messenger of the Father's Love to us-ward], see:

Michael is Jesus, the Uncreated and Eternal Son of the Father
, as practically all the reformers taught, including Luther, Melanchthon, Geneva Bible, etc., which may be seen here, all the way back to Melito of Sardis - [Link] & [Link], irrefutable.

Upvote 0

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Right. The Father is God. The Son is God. The Spirit is God.
Would you say that there are three beings or one being?

This will also help clarify your response to "one lawgiver" [James 4:12 KJB].

This question involves the "everlasting covenant" [Isaiah 24:5; Hebrews 13:20 KJB, etc.], even the "counsel of peace" [Zechariah 6:13 KJB], even the "covenant ... of life and peace" [Malachi 2:5 KJB].

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The7thColporteur

Jun 30, 2017
Heavenly City
✟18,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Please show us where John is telling us to keep the ten commandments. I think ten is a word you add in for meaning. I just can't find it.
John, under inspiration of the Holy Ghost/Spirit [2 Peter 1:21 KJB], recorded the words of Jesus himself in John 14:15 KJB, "love me, keep my commandments", of which Jesus cited Exodus 20:6 KJB, "love me, and keep my commandments", which are in the heart of the "ten commandments". In 1 John 2:7 KJB, we read of the "old commandment" which was "from the beginning" which was "the word" that was "heard". This is the same "word" in Deuteronomy 4:2 and Deuteronomy 5:5, see also Deuteronomy 8:3 KJB, then see Psalms 105:8; Psalms 119:11, Psalms 119:172; James 1:22; John 17:17; Matthew 4:4; Mark 7:13; Luke 4:4 KJB, etc., etc.

If you could please keep the short responses to a single reply using the quote feature, it would help me to actually address your questions all together, for if you are serious I can take the time to address your concerns, but if not and you desire to continue as you have, I will have to continue on to others.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Start where ever you want, just end by posting the scriptures where God commanded the Church to gather on Saturday to worship Jesus.

It’s so obvious, that you don’t even know what we are discusssing, because you have your “canned” cut and paste responses that you have been repeating, to everyone.

I’m not saying the Commandment of the Sabbath has been abolished.

I’m not teaching people to gather on Sunday to worship Jesus either.

My question has always been, how does the New Testament instruct us to keep the Sabbath under the New Covenant?

Where does the New Testament say we are to gather on the Sabbath to worship Jesus?

IOW, where do you come up with the doctrine of gathering on Saturday to worship Jesus, because it’s not in the Bible?

You are great at condemning everyone with scripture for not practicing your Sabbath keeping, but when asked to produce a scripture that says we are to gather on Saturday to worship Jesus, you don’t have one.

So much for your Sabbath keeping doctrine. :scratch:

It is very simple. Your claim was ....

JLB777 said:
The answer again is I never said there was any such commandment from God to worship Jesus on Sunday or on Saturday. If you believe that we are commanded by God to worship Jesus on Saturday, the please provide the scriptures that instruct us to do this.

You were shown through a lot of scripture that Gods WORD says that God's 10 Commandments are ETERNAL and that God's Commands us in the 4th Commandment to keep the SEVENTH DAY (Saturday) as a HOLY DAY (NO WORK is to be done)

POST # 228 SCRIPTURE PROVIDED linked click me.

Take the ABOVE and linked post and all the scriptures provided and as you have agreed already there is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's 4th Commandment has been abolished as we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a HOLY DAY. Leads us to an easy conclusion..

CONCLUSION: Scripture teaches the ten Commandments are the eternal laws of God. The ten commandments are the KNOWLEDGE of what SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS are (Good and Evil). God's 4th Commandments (SABBATH) is one of the 10 Commandments. There is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says the 4th Commandments is ABOLISHED and we are commanded to keep Sunday as a Holy day.

Now if God's Law is the knowledge of what SIN is and the 10 Commandments are eternal and have not been ABOLISHED then those who break it commit SIN. Those who CONTINUE in KNOWN UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT ENTER the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

Let's continue

My question has always been, how does the New Testament instruct us to keep the Sabbath under the New Covenant?

All God's Laws have already been given to God's people and the Sabbath as well as all God's Commandments were given by God since Sinai. In the NEW COVENANT unless a man in BORN AGAIN in LOVE TO LOVE by FAITH he cannot see the KINGDOM of HEAVEN ...

JOHN 3:3-7 [3], Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. [4], Nicodemus said unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? [5], Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. [6], That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. [7], Marvel not that I said unto you, You must be born again.

the new covenant promise to love

JEREMIAH 31:31-34 [31], Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:[32], Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; my covenant which they broke, although I was a husband unto them, says the LORD: [33], But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. [34], And they shall teach no more every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, says the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

EZEKIEL 36:26-27 [26], A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. [27], And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and you shall keep my judgments, and do them.

HEBERWS 8:10-12 [10], For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: [11], And they shall not teach every man his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. [12], For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

links to..

1 JOHN 3:7-10 [7], Little children, let no man deceive you: he that does righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. [8], He that commits sin is of the devil; for the devil sins from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. [9], Whosoever is born of God does not commit sin; for his nature remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. [10], In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever does not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loves not his brother.

If you are not BORN of the SPIRIT to LOVE you cannot see the KINGDOM of HEAVEN. Whosoever is BORN OF GOD does not commit known SIN.

WHAT DOES THE ABOVE HAVE TO DO WITH THE SABBATH?

It is the new Covenant promise of LOVE in those who BELIEVE and FOLLOW the WORD of GOD by FAITH that works by LOVE because LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE God's WORD.

FAITH in God's WORD is walking in the SPIRIT and LOVE is the fulfilling of God's LAW in those who BELIEVE. This is why Jesus says on these two great commandments of LOVE hang all the law and the prophets..

MATTHEW 22:36-40 [36], Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law? [37], Jesus said unto him, You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. [38], This is the first and great commandment. [39], And the second is like unto it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [40], ON THESE TWO COMMANDMENTS HANG ALL THE LAW AND THE PROPHETS.

ROMANS 13:8-10 [8], Owe no man anything, but to love one another: FOR HE THAT LOVES ANOTHER HAS FULFILLED THE LAW [9], For this, YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT KILL, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT LIE, YOU SHALL NOT COVET; and if there be any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, namely, You shall love your neighbor as yourself. [10], Love works no ill to his neighbor: THEREFORE LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.

love fulfills ALL of God's Commandments...

JAMES 2:8-12 [8], If you fulfill the royal law according to the scripture, YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF, you do well: [9], But if you have respect to persons, you commit sin, and are convicted of the law as transgressors. [10], FOR WHOSOEVER SHALL KEEP THE WHOLE LAW, YET OFFEND IN ONE POINT IN GUILTY OF ALL. [11], For he that said, DO NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, said also, DO NOT KILL. Now if you commit no ADULTERY, yet you KILL, YOU ARE BECOME A TRANSGRTESSOR OF THE LAW.

None can keep God's LAW (10 Commandments) who are not BORN AGAIN to LOVE or see the KINGDOM of HEAVEN and is why JESUS says; IF you LOVE me keep my Commandments (John 14:15)

SIN is the breaking of God's Commandments (James 2:9-11; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now, <when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
JLB777 said: My question has always been, how does the New Testament instruct us to keep the Sabbath under the New Covenant?

The OLD Testament scriptures that are the foundation of the NEW Testament. The NEW Testament is built on the Old Testament and together they are the Word of God which gives instruction to follow God. Everything in the NEW Testament builds on instruction already provided in the OLD Testament.

As shown in the previous posts God Commands us in the 4th Commandment (Exodus 20:8-11) to REMEMBER the SEVENTH DAY of the week because he has set the SEVENTH DAY aside as a HOLY DAY where NO WORK is to be DONE on this day. The SEVENTH DAY of the week is to be set aside to REMEMBER and worship the GOD of CREATION. NO Bussiness, NO Shopping, NO buying or selling, NO uneccessary domestic work.

As shown above God's LAW (ten Commandments) are eternal. There is not one scripture in all of God's WORD that says God's law has been ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to keep Sunday as a HOLY DAY.

POST # 228 SCRIPTURE PROVIDED linked click me.

In the NEW TESTAMENT.....

1. Jesus taught that it is lawful to do GOOD on the Sabbath? (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56)

2. Jesus taught that God's Sabbath was made for mankind and not man for the Sabbath rebuking the tradtions of the Jew in regards to their traditions and interpretation around Sabbath keeping? (Mark 2:27-28; Matthew 12:8)

3. Jesus taught that he was the maker and creator of the Sabbath and the God of creation? (Hebrews 1:2; John 1:1-3; 14; Ephesians 3:9; Colossians 1:16-17; Mark 2:27)

4. Jesus is our example who kept the Sabbath as well as all those who followed him (Matt 12:1-8; 10-12; 24:20; Mark 3:1-5; Luke 6:1-10; 13:14-16; 14:1-5; John 7:22-23; 9:14; Mark 1:21; Mark 6:2; Luke 4:16; 31; Luke 14:1; 23:56; John 2:6; Matt 16:24; Acts 13:14; 13:27; 13:44; 15:21; 16:13; 17:2; 18:4; Rev 1:10)

5. Jesus taught that break God's Commandments and teach others to do so will not enter God's Kingdom? (Matt 5:19)

6. Jesus taught that not a jot or tittle will pass from God's LAW until heaven and earth pass away? (Matthew 5:18)

7. Jesus taught that on the two great commandments of LOVE to GOD and MAN hang ALL the LAW and the prophets (Matthew 22:36-40)

Paul warns us that those who do NOT believe and follow GOD do not enter into God's Sabbath rest because of their SINS and UNBELIEF (Hebrews 3-4)

9. Jesus, Paul, James, John and Peter taught there is 10 Commandments including the Sabbath and not 9 commandments and if you break one of God's Commandments you stand guilty before God of breaking all of them (James 2:8-12).

10. Timothy teaches that ALL SCRIPTURE (OLD AND NEW Testament) is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16). Jesus teaches we are to live by EVERY WORD that proceeds out of the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4)

Why would Jesus and the Apostles give us further instruction in relation to Sabbath keeping building on the OLD TESTAMENET scriptures if we no longer need to keep it? (Point 1, 2, 3, 6)

SIN is the transgression or breaking of God's Commandments (Romans 7:7; James 2:8-12; 1 John 3:4)

Those who CONTINUE in UNREPENTANT SIN will NOT enter into the KINGDOM of HEAVEN.

God's 4th commandment is one of the ten (Exodus 20:8-11) If we knowingly break it when God asks us not to we stand guilty before God of committing sin (James 2:8-12). If we do not seek him in repentance and forgiveness we are in danger of the Judgement (Hebrews 10:26-27)

Sunday worship is a tradition and teaching of man that has led many to break the commandments of God. Jesus says that if we follow the traditions of man that break the commandments of God we are not following God (Matthew 15:3-9)

There is not one scripture in all of God's Word that says that God's 4th Commandment is now ABOLISHED and we are now commanded to KEEP Sunday as a Holy day.

Who should we follow the teachings and traditions of men or the Word of God? Who should we believe the Words of men or the Word of God?

In times of ignorance God winks at but now ,<when a KNOWLEDGE of the truth has come> calls all men everywhere to REPENT (FOLLOW) (Acts 17:30-31).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps, because like I said the term I Am could be a reference to God as the Trinity or it could be a reference to any one of the three personalities of the Trinity. I’m not sure if I Am means Jesus, or all three of the Trinity, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. If I Am means God then Jesus is one of the personalities of I Am which is true. He is God that is stated in John 1:1. I don’t see anything that specifically says that only Jesus is I Am.

But don't you see that is exactly what the Pharisees were screaming about. By Jesus using I Am regarding Himself, Jesus was claiming to be God.

Upvote 0

Marco70

Apr 14, 2018
bulawayo
✟22,537.00
Country
Zimbabwe
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But don't you see that is exactly what the Pharisees were screaming about. By Jesus using I Am regarding Himself, Jesus was claiming to be God.
The Jewish leaders insisted, ‘We have a law, and according to that law he must die, because he claimed to be the Son of God.’
John 19:7

I wonder why, they did not tell Pilate Jesus claimed to be God, but rather the Son of God. Would have been more damning would it not.

Upvote 0