Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can you show us in the New Testament where Jesus or the Apostles commanded us to gather on Saturday to worship Jesus?
JLB

Matthew 5 "do not even think that I came to reduce or abolish the LAW"
Mark 2:27 "the SABBATH was MADE for mankind"
Acts 18:4 "EVERY Sabbath" both Jews and gentiles gathered in the synagogue to hear Gospel preaching - and as they heard they were believing -- yet still meeting "every Sabbath".
Isaiah 66:23 for "all eternity after the cross" -- "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" - in the New Earth.
Acts 15 - the Christian church "solution" relies on the fact that "every Sabbath Moses is preached in the Synagogues"
Hebrew 4 'there REMAINS therefore a SABBATH rest for the people of God"

None of that is said in either OT or NT about "week-day-1"

Now all that is left is for you to provide scripture from the NT that shows us examples of the Church gathering to worship Jesus on the Sabbath.

Turns out "Jesus is God"

Acts 18:4 Every Sabbath.

Acts 15 where even the NT church in crisis appeals to this fact that the believers hear scripture every Sabbath in the Synagogues

Isaiah 66:23 where "all mankind" keeps Sabbath for all eternity after the cross - in the New Earth.

As has been posted many times.

Yet not ONE example of a NT text saying "do not take God's name in vain" - which is not needed since there is no such thing as "ignore one of God's commandments if it is not quoted in the NT" -- as we all know.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should we all be circumcised to receive the covenant given to Abraham? Are we not following the commandment given by God by working 6 days and resting on the 7th? God did not say the 7th day of the week my friend. Are we not following the meaning of the sabbath by worshipping on Sunday? Jesus said

“Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.””
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-40

Are we not honoring God by celebrating Jesus’ resurrection? I think it is very commendable that some people keep the Saturday sabbath but not everyone can. Some people have to work on Saturday. I do concrete demolition for a living and I’m often called to work on Saturday. I would love to be able to worship on Saturday but unfortunately in my line of work every company requires people to work on Saturdays. This is why I believe Romans 14 is talking about the sabbath. We are still obeying the purpose of the law while not being burdened by a yoke that no one can bear.

“Brothers, you all know that God chose me from among you some time ago to preach to the Gentiles so that they could hear the Good News and believe. God knows people’s hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us. He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith. So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear? We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.””
‭‭Acts of the Apostles‬ ‭15:7-11‬

“But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:6‬

Are we not living in the Spirit if we still honor God on Sunday?

So I will quote Romans 14 again in this context.

“In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable. Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God. For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭14:5-8‬ ‭NLT‬‬

So please my friend don’t be like the Pharisees in the verse you quoted in Luke 18. I’m sure your heart is not like theirs because you are a follower of Jesus Christ.

Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Acts 15 where even the NT church in crisis appeals to this fact that the believers hear scripture every Sabbath in the Synagogues

Isaiah 66:23 where "all mankind" keeps Sabbath for all eternity after the cross - in the New Earth.

Yet not ONE example of a NT text saying "do not take God's name in vain" - which is not needed since there is no such thing as "ignore one of God's commandments if it is not quoted in the NT" -- as we all know.

Bob, when a person states their opinion, then tags it with scripture, it usually means they are wanting to hide what the truth of the scripture and it’s context actually say.

Let’s see, by posting what Acts 8:4 says.

And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks. Acts 8:4

Bob, I had hoped you to be different that others who misquote the Bible, and take scriptures out of context, but alas, you false doctrine folks seem to all have the same things in common.

Paul went into synagogues to persuade unsaved Jews and Greek proselytes that Jesus is the Messiah from the scriptures.

Do you honestly believe that this scripture is teaching that the Church gathered in synagogues to worship Jesus on the Sabbath?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Should we all be circumcised to receive the covenant given to Abraham? Are we not following the commandment given by God by working 6 days and resting on the 7th? God did not say the 7th day of the week my friend. Are we not following the meaning of the sabbath by worshipping on Sunday? Jesus said

“Jesus replied, “‘You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.””

Are we not honoring God by celebrating Jesus’ resurrection? I think it is very commendable that some people keep the Saturday sabbath but not everyone can. Some people have to work on Saturday. I do concrete demolition for a living and I’m often called to work on Saturday. I would love to be able to worship on Saturday but unfortunately in my line of work every company requires people to work on Saturdays. This is why I believe Romans 14 is talking about the sabbath. We are still obeying the purpose of the law while not being burdened by a yoke that no one can bear.

“Brothers, you all know that God chose me from among you some time ago to preach to the Gentiles so that they could hear the Good News and believe. God knows people’s hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us. He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith. So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear? We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus.””

“But now we have been released from the law, for we died to it and are no longer captive to its power. Now we can serve God, not in the old way of obeying the letter of the law, but in the new way of living in the Spirit.”

“In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable. Those who worship the Lord on a special day do it to honor him. Those who eat any kind of food do so to honor the Lord, since they give thanks to God before eating. And those who refuse to eat certain foods also want to please the Lord and give thanks to God. For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves. If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.”

So please my friend don’t be like the Pharisees in the verse you quoted in Luke 18. I’m sure your heart is not like theirs because you are a follower of Jesus Christ.

Well said, bro.

• Friendly
Reactions: BNR32FAN
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob, when a person states their opinion, then tags it with scripture, it usually means they are wanting to hide what the truth

When a person states their opinion and then carefully avoids scripture it usually means they are wanting to hide the fact that their view is not to be found in scripture.

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When a person states their opinion and then carefully avoids scripture it usually means they are wanting to hide the fact that their view is not to be found in scripture.

Bob, you just got caught using a scripture reference, without posting the scripture, to try and validate your unfounded doctrine that the Church is commanded to gather to worship Jesus on Saturday in a synagogue.

Here is your scripture, that you quoted, to try and convince me that the Church is commanded by God to gather and worship Jesus on the Sabbath.

And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks. Acts 18:4

Please tell us where is the reference to God commanding the Church to gather and worship Jesus on the Sabbath in this scripture?

Please, brother, repent of promoting false doctrine to your brothers and sisters in Christ.

JLB

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Can you show us in the New Testament where Jesus or the Apostles commanded us to gather on Saturday to worship Jesus?
JLB

Acts 18:4 "EVERY Sabbath" both Jews and gentiles gathered in the synagogue to hear Gospel preaching - and as they heard they were believing -- yet still meeting "every Sabbath".
Isaiah 66:23 for "all eternity after the cross" -- "from Sabbath to Sabbath shall all mankind come before Me to worship" - in the New Earth.
Acts 15 - the Christian church "solution" relies on the fact that "every Sabbath Moses is preached in the Synagogues"

Now all that is left is for you to provide scripture from the NT that shows us examples of the Church gathering to worship Jesus on the Sabbath.

Turns out "Jesus is God"

Let’s see, by posting what Acts 8:4 says.

And he reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded both Jews and Greeks. Acts 8:4

And and it adds "and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized" Acts 18:7

So their "every Sabbath" meetings included believers not just in the one true God of scripture - but in the Gospel message of Paul

Bible details matter

Bob, I had hoped you to be different

I am particularly attentive to "Bible details" even when others find them inconvenient.

you false doctrine folks seem to all have the same things in common.

I prefer "Bible details" to false accusations against others.

Paul went into synagogues to persuade unsaved Jews and Greek proselytes that Jesus is the Messiah from the scriptures.

True - but as they heard - they believed and YET continued to attend "every Sabbath" --

The "elephant in your living room" is that the text does not say "they believed and started to attend week-day-1 services instead of continuing to hear Paul in the synagogue EVERY Sabbath".

A key detail to mention in the text - rather than "imagine in the mind" as I am sure you would agree.

Do you honestly believe that this scripture is teaching that the Church gathered in synagogues to worship Jesus on the Sabbath?
JLB

Paul himself admits that the Christians were considered a 'sect' of Judaism called "The Way" - and this is irrefutable.

Same Bible - Same God - Same Gospel according to Paul in Gal 1:6-9 and Gal 3:8.

This too - irrefutable.

You are stating "wishful thinking" so far - what about "Bible details"?

So far your own argument has been the same one that would deny "Do not take God's name in vain" since it is not quoted in the NT.

Not a far reaching solution if you ask me.

By contrast - I am appealing to "Bible details" not wishful thinking or an opposing view that would also condemn the "Do not take God's name in vain" commandment if applied consistently and evenly.

This is irrefutable.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob, when a person states their opinion, then tags it with scripture, it usually means they are wanting to hide what the truth

Bob, you just got caught using a scripture reference, without posting the scripture, to try and validate your unfounded doctrine

On the contrary - look at that post again - I make no doctrinal statement at all in it.

Details matter.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Turns out "Jesus is God"

And and it adds "and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized" Acts 18:7

So their "every Sabbath" meetings included believers not just in the one true God of scripture - but in the Gospel message of Paul

Bible details matter

I am particularly attentive to "Bible details" even when others find them inconvenient.

I prefer "Bible details" to false accusations against others.

True - but as they heard - they believed and YET continued to attend "every Sabbath" --

The "elephant in your living room" is that the text does not say "they believed and started to attend week-day-1 services instead of continuing to hear Paul in the synagogue EVERY Sabbath".

A key detail to mention in the text - rather than "imagine in the mind" as I am sure you would agree.

Paul himself admits that the Christians were considered a 'sect' of Judaism called "The Way" - and this is irrefutable.

Same Bible - Same God - Same Gospel according to Paul in Gal 1:6-9 and Gal 3:8.

This too - irrefutable.

You are stating "wishful thinking" so far - what about "Bible details"?

So far your own argument has been the same one that would deny "Do not take God's name in vain" since it is not quoted in the NT.

Not a far reaching solution if you ask me.

By contrast - I am appealing to "Bible details" not wishful thinking or an opposing view that would also condemn the "Do not take God's name in vain" commandment if applied consistently and evenly.

This is irrefutable.

“Even though I am a free man with no master, I have become a slave to all people to bring many to Christ. When I was with the Jews, I lived like a Jew to bring the Jews to Christ. When I was with those who follow the Jewish law, I too lived under that law. Even though I am not subject to the law, I did this so I could bring to Christ those who are under the law. When I am with the Gentiles who do not follow the Jewish law, I too live apart from that law so I can bring them to Christ. But I do not ignore the law of God; I obey the law of Christ.”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭9:19-21‬ ‭

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-40‬

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

On the contrary - look at that post again - I make no doctrinal statement at all in it.

Details matter.

I am reposting this in case you didn’t see it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Hmmmm Monday was never the first day of the week.

• Agree
Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bob,
I’m trying to learn about the Sabbath,
Can you show us scriptures in the New Testament where Jesus or the Apostles commanded us to gather on Saturday to worship Jesus?

Please don’t refer to the law of Moses, for instruction in the Sabbath

Can you show us that the Ten Commandments are deleted in the NT?
Can you show us that the NT authors told us to "ignore scripture"?
Can you show us the logic in asking to "learn about the Sabbath" while insisting on ignoring any scripture that mentions it?

In Matthew 22 Christ refers to the LAW of Moses
"Love God with all your heart" Deut 6:5
"Love your neighbor as yourself" Lev 19:18

Mark 7:6-13 "Moses said" = "Word of God" = "Commandment of God" according to Christ.

Was Jesus wrong?

Speaking of the OT - Paul says "ALL SCRIPTURE is given by inspiration from God AND is to be used for doctrine" 2 Tim 3:16 - was Paul wrong

Jesus said
Matthew 19
if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”
18 He said to Him, “Which ones?”
Jesus said,
“‘You shall not murder,’ Exodus 20
You shall not commit adultery,’ Exodus 20
You shall not steal,’ Exodus 20
You shall not bear false witness,’ Exodus 20
19 ‘Honor your father and your mother,’ Exodus 20
and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ ” Lev 19:18

All of it from "The Law of Moses"
Was Jesus wrong?
Is Jesus' teaching to be "rejecting" by anyone wanting to "learn about the Sabbath"??

Jesus shows that acceptance of the foundation-command in Lev 19:18 regarding man's duty to his neighbor -- did not "delete" the commandments in the TEN - that are based on it.

The commandments are not deleted.

The commandments were around long before Moses and kept by Abraham, 430years before the law of Moses was added

True. Which is yet another reason why "taking God's name in vain" was a sin before Sinai and is still a sin to this very day.

"Sin is transgression of the Law" 1 John 3:4 by definition.

Eph 6:2 - the 5th commandment is "the first commandment with a promise" in that still-valid unit of Ten.

‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:37-40‬

The LAW AND the prophets "scripture" is based on these two commandments from the Law of Moses -

As stated in my prior post --

In Matthew 22 Christ refers to the LAW of Moses
"Love God with all your heart" Deut 6:5
"Love your neighbor as yourself" Lev 19:18

Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The commandments are not deleted.

The commandments were around long before Moses and kept by Abraham, 430years before the law of Moses was added to the Abrahamic Covenant.

And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; because Abraham obeyed My voice and kept My charge, My commandments, My statutes, and My laws.” Genesis 26:4-5

The Church, the called out ones, the ecclesia, The Lord’s separate people, His holy nation began with Abraham, and from him and His descendants the Lord came and instituted the new “refreshed” covenant.

We are called children of Abraham, through faith in Jesus Christ.

The commandments apply to us today.

Those who claim to know Him (have eternal life) but do not keep His commandments are liars.

Keeping His commandments is how we know that we know Him, and love Him, and love our neigbor.

Now by this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, “I know Him,” and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked. 1 John 2:3-5

When the law was added to the Abrahamic Covenant, temporarily until Jesus came, some ordinances were added as well, such as food laws, ceremonial laws, feast days, and Sabbath requirements, of which it was required to put to death those who so much as gathered kindling to make a fire of the Sabbath.

Of course, The Church does not put to death people who gather sticks to build a fire on the Sabbath, today under the New Covenant.

Can you tell me why?

JLB
You might just as well ask those questions to a rock. SDAs follow blindly what Ellen White wrote. She didn't have an answer , so they in turn cannot give us answers.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Should we all be circumcised to receive the covenant given to Abraham? Are we not following the commandment given by God by working 6 days and resting on the 7th? God did not say the 7th day of the week my friend.

I did miss that post -- you are right. Sorry about that

You said "God did not say the 7th day of the week" - let's see if that is true.

Here is what God actually said.

Exodus 16

4 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Behold, I will rain bread from heaven for you; and the people shall go out and gather a day’s portion every day, that I may test them, whether or not they will walk in My instruction. 5 On the sixth day, when they prepare what they bring in, it will be twice as much as they gather daily.” 6 So Moses and Aaron said to all the sons of Israel, “At evening you will know that the Lord has brought you out of the land of Egypt; 7 and in the morning you will see the glory of the Lord, for He hears your grumblings against the Lord; and what are we, that you grumble against us?”
16 This is what the Lord has commanded, ‘Gather of it every man as much as he should eat; you shall take an omer apiece according to the number of persons each of you has in his tent.’” 17 The sons of Israel did so, and some gathered much and some little. 18 When they measured it with an omer, he who had gathered much had no excess, and he who had gathered little had no lack; every man gathered as much as he should eat. 19 Moses said to them, “Let no man leave any of it until morning.” 20 But they did not listen to Moses, and some left part of it until morning, and it bred worms and became foul; and Moses was angry with them. 21 They gathered it morning by morning, every man as much as he should eat; but when the sun grew hot, it would melt.

The Sabbath Observed
22 Now on the sixth day they gathered twice as much bread, two omers for each one. When all the leaders of the congregation came and told Moses, 23 then he said to them, “This is what the Lord meant: Tomorrow is the Sabbath observance, a holy sabbath to the Lord. Bake what you will bake and boil what you will boil, and all that is left over put aside to be kept until morning.” 24 So they put it aside until morning, as Moses had ordered, and it did not become foul nor was there any worm in it. 25 Moses said, “Eat it today, for today is a sabbath to the Lord; today you will not find it in the field. 26 Six days you shall gather it, but on the seventh day, the Sabbath, there will be none.”

27 It came about on the seventh day that some of the people went out to gather, but they found none. 28 Then the Lord said to Moses, “How long do you refuse to keep My commandments and My instructions? 29 See, the Lord has given you the sabbath; therefore He gives you bread for two days on the sixth day. Remain every man in his place; let no man go out of his place on the seventh day.” 30 So the people rested on the seventh day.

That happened every week - for 40 years.

Weekly-

the 7th day of the week. no manna

==================

Exodus 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Six days you shall labor -- but the seventh day is the Sabbath.

for in six days the LORD made... and rested the seventh day - therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath.

Christ was resurrected on week-day-1 -- Sunday.
the seventh day is Saturday.

Are we not following the meaning of the sabbath by worshipping on Sunday? .

Good question .. are you?

Exodus 20
8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God; in it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter, your male or your female servant or your cattle or your sojourner who stays with you. 11 For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day; therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟660,747.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
2Cor 3:7-11 tells us the 10 commands were the ministry of death. Notice "were" past tense because in those verses Paul writes that they were done away. (KJV) Other translations use the word transitory. They were temporary until the gift of the Holy Spirit became man's guide. Read all about it in 2Cor 3:7-11 and in 1Jn 3. Transgression of the law as noted in 1JN 3 is not believing in Jesus and not loving others as Jesus loves us. The Gospel is so simple and some try to make it so hard. If we believed as they do Heaven would be a lonely place.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I never said it was. Where does God say we are to worship on the 7th day of the week?

Exodus 20. The same day the Jews still keep after thousands of years. But that is Old Covenant.

If you want to be spiritual - Sunday is not the 7th day but the 8th day which represents eternal life.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟884,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Exodus 20. The same day the Jews still keep after thousands of years. But that is Old Covenant.

If you want to be spiritual - Sunday is not the 7th day but the 8th day which represents eternal life.

Yes I am well aware of Exodus 20 and it doesn’t say the 7th day of the week. Six says shall you work but the seventh is the sabbath and you shall not work. So what about the scriptures I posted? Are they incorrect and if so why?

šê·šeṯ שֵׁ֤֣שֶׁת
Six Noun

yā·mîm יָמִ֣ים֙
days Noun

ta·‘ă·ḇōḏ תַּֽעֲבֹ֔ד֮
shall you labor Verb

wə·‘ā·śî·ṯā וְעָשִׂ֖֣יתָ
and do Verb

kāl- כָּל־
all Noun

mə·laḵ·te·ḵā מְלַאכְתֶּֽךָ֒
your work Noun

wə·yō·wm וְי֙וֹם֙
But the day Noun

haš·šə·ḇî·‘î הַשְּׁבִיעִ֔֜י
seventh [is] Adj

šab·bāṯ שַׁבָּ֖֣ת ׀
the Sabbath Noun

Yah·weh לַיהוָ֣ה
of the LORD Noun

’ĕ·lō·he·ḵā, אֱלֹהֶ֑֗יךָ
your God Noun

lō- לֹֽ֣א־
not Adv

ṯa·‘ă·śeh תַעֲשֶׂ֣֨ה
[in it] do Verb

ḵāl כָל־
any Noun

mə·lā·ḵāh מְלָאכָ֡֜ה
work Noun

’at·tāh אַתָּ֣ה ׀
you Pro

ū·ḇin·ḵā- וּבִנְךָֽ֣־
nor your son Noun

ū·ḇit·te·ḵā, וּ֠בִתֶּ֗ךָ
nor your daughter Noun

‘aḇ·də·ḵā עַבְדְּךָ֤֨
your manservant Noun

wa·’ă·mā·ṯə·ḵā וַאֲמָֽתְךָ֜֙
nor your maidservant Noun

ū·ḇə·hem·te·ḵā, וּבְהֶמְתֶּ֔֗ךָ
nor your livestock Noun

wə·ḡê·rə·ḵā וְגֵרְךָ֖֙
nor the stranger Noun

’ă·šer אֲשֶׁ֥֣ר
who [is] Prt

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Nothing at all - as long as "you don't make it relate to any other day".

But if you were to say "I went to a worship service on Sunday morning - so now I can take God's name in vain or break the Sabbath commandment" then it is "you" who are tying your worship service to the commandments and an argument for breaking one.
Is there anything wrong with celebrating the resurrection of Christ on a Sunday. Too which you replied, 'Nothing at all', which is the point it took three days to make.

There is no association between a day of rest and the day chosen for fellowship, and the breaking of the bread.

Upvote 0