God's Word is Truth, is that changed by humanistic culture?

Noah_W

Preferring logic over emotion
Sep 24, 2021
Illinois
✟8,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gen 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be (Margin: to thy…: or, subject to thy husband) to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."

1Tim 2:11-12 11 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."

Num 30:5 "But if her father disallow her in the day that he heareth; not any of her vows, or of her bonds wherewith she hath bound her soul, shall stand: and the LORD shall forgive her, because her father disallowed her."
Num 30:8 "But if her husband disallowed her on the day that he heard it; then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips, wherewith she bound her soul, of none effect: and the LORD shall forgive her."

1Cor 11:8-9 8 "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."

1Cor 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."

1Pet 3:6 "Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement."

Eph 5:22-23 22 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body."

Col 3:18 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. "
(Are wives to only submit to their own husbands but rule over other women's husbands?)

The body of Christ had for 1900 years understood God's word to put the man in the lead and rule in home, church and nation. What new revelation of God was discovered at the beginning of the 20th century that gave women equal rule, as with the vote or ordination to be Pastor?

Deut 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."

God has his secret reasons for at times putting a woman in the rule and leadership, but the believers are nowhere instructed to put women in the lead, just the opposite!

Acts 5:29 "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, absolutely not. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 clearly shows this. I know there are many people who claim to be Christian who don't believe it and are attempting to change the Word of God to fit their lifestyle choices and narratives but that doesn't matter. The Word of God is infallible. It cannot be corrupted by man no matter how hard they try.

Upvote 0

Abaxvahl

Jan 28, 2018
Earth
✟33,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The body of Christ had for 1900 years understood God's word to put the man in the lead and rule in home, church and nation. What new revelation of God was discovered at the beginning of the 20th century that gave women equal rule, as with the vote or ordination to be Pastor?

It [God's Word] indeed can't change by culture, although I am careful in this to only go to the extent delineated by Scripture. The husband is truly the head of the house and women can not be priests and Bishops. I may have forgotten them (I don't study this issue often) but I do not remember any other explicit commands/instructions.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Acts 5:29 "Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men."

Peter was explaining to the male church leaders that they needed to shut up.

He explained that the church has no business interfering
in matters because the Holt Spirit informs directly into ones heart.

33 "When they (Church leaders) heard that, they were cut to the heart, and took counsel to slay them (Peter) ."
Acts 5

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Gen 3:16 "Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be (Margin: to thy…: or, subject to thy husband) to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee."
1Tim 2:11-12 11 "Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence."Num 30:5 "But if her father disallow her in the day that he heareth; not any of her vows, or of her bonds wherewith she hath bound her soul, shall stand: and the LORD shall forgive her, because her father disallowed her."Num 30:8 "But if her husband disallowed her on the day that he heard it; then he shall make her vow which she vowed, and that which she uttered with her lips, wherewith she bound her soul, of none effect: and the LORD shall forgive her."1Cor 11:8-9 8 "For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. 9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man."
1Cor 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."
1Pet 3:6 "Even as Sarah obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement."Eph 5:22-23 22 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. 23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body."Col 3:18 "Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord. "(Are wives to only submit to their own husbands but rule over other women's husbands?)The body of Christ had for 1900 years understood God's word to put the man in the lead and rule in home, church and nation. What new revelation of God was discovered at the beginning of the 20th century that gave women equal rule, as with the vote or ordination to be Pastor?
Deut 29:29 "The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law."
God has his secret reasons for at times putting a woman in the rule and leadership, but the believers are nowhere instructed to put women in the lead, just the opposite!

All of the "Male First" opinions have been nullified as obsolete. Even when found in the letters to the churches. As Macho as I'd like to be in charge, I am overruled:

Matthew 7:12
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, (Even to whenches) for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Luke 6:31
And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.(Even to whenches)

Hebrews 10:24-25
And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another (Even to whenches), and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Philippians 2:3-8
Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves (Even to whenches). Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Ephesians 4:29
Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those (Even to whenches) who hear.

Matthew 5:1-48
Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

Matthew 22:39
And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor (Even to whenches) as yourself.

Romans 13:8-10
Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor (Even whenches) as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Galatians 5:13-14
For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor(Even whenches) as yourself.”

Leviticus 19:18
You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor(Even whenches) as yourself: I am the Lord.

Matthew 22:39-40
And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor (Even whenches) as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Zechariah 8:16-17
These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace; do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the Lord.”

Micah 6:8
He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

So we can see that discrimination against Whenches has been ruled out for us guys. Is this advice for church leaders? I hope it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟110,935.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, absolutely not. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 clearly shows this. I know there are many people who claim to be Christian who don't believe it and are attempting to change the Word of God to fit their lifestyle choices and narratives but that doesn't matter. The Word of God is infallible. It cannot be corrupted by man no matter how hard they try.
Yes, the Word is GOD. The literal invisible Power.
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Tim. 1:v.17

Upvote 0

Noah_W

Sep 24, 2021
Illinois
✟8,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hello JM, if I were to layout what I see as the major departures from the faith over the last 200 years, I'd see it like this, and I admit this will bring the wrath of humanists down on my head. :)

I don't think so much about condemning 'lifestyles' because I find that similar to how modern translations change the KJV word "fornication" into "sexual immorality"; and that then becomes sin according to every individual's varied, internalized description of it rather than God's law determining sin. My understanding starts largely with the various damning cults, and the heresies of Charles Finney's new measures and then dispensationalism that appeared in the 19th century.

Then labeling slavery in and of itself as sin, rather than the abuses of such and making the northern States to be doing God's work was contrary to Holy Scripture, for it was nothing but religious humanism. The Battle Hymn of the Republic shows how the Union began to think theologically and believed they were doing God's spiritual work. It began to make civil government to be enforcer of supposed laws of God. This opened the door for corrupt man-designed, governmental postmillennialism to appear, largely replacing the earlier, scriptural gospel powered postmillennialism.

After the war came the push for government run schools, which under our Constitution must be secular, so it became infiltrated at the higher education levels with Marxists, so that is one major reason why the nation is so easily going that way in this day. Youth have been indoctrinated, brain washed! I was scolded by a brother in the past for reading the Communist Manifesto, yet so many today are ignorant Marxists without even realizing it or seeing its dangers.

Then comes women's suffrage and prohibition, both religious humanism, rather than Bible based belief. The Bible nowhere condemns alcohol as sinful, but the excess and drunkenness is sinful.

I used the rule of women in the OP mainly because of the political situation in the USA today. No matter what political persuasion, women seem to be leaders in it. Judges, lawyers and politicians are more and more women. So, whether the position is MAGA or AOC Marxism, Isaiah chapter three does indeed show women in the rule, as being of God's judgment. I frankly have no hope for America surviving much longer apart from His intervention in our hearts bringing about true repentance.

When even churches, though apostate, ordain a transvestite as Pastor, same-sex marriage and adoptions are accepted as 'normal' and legal according to the Supreme Court and the populace, and practice of various other clear statements of sin in the Holy Scriptures, the nation is doomed.

Thankfully, my citizenship is in heaven, but on earth I do have one hope and it is to remember the sinful state of 6 of the 7 churches named in the book of Revelation and realize that God's Spirit prevailed over their sinful ways through the centuries, though some may have disappeared when the Holy Spirit departed.

Upvote 0

Noah_W

Sep 24, 2021
Illinois
✟8,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
All of the "Male First" opinions have been nullified as obsolete. Even when found in the letters to the churches. As Macho as I'd like to be in charge, I am overruled:

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, (Even so, ye whenches) for this is the Law and the Prophets."

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.(Even so, ye whenches)

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another (Even so, ye whenches), and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves (Even so, ye whenches). Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those (Even so, ye whenches) who hear.

Seeing the crowds, he went up on the mountain, and when he sat down, his disciples came to him. And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying: “Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. “Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.

And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches)as yourself.

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself.”

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself: I am the Lord.

And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

These are the things that you shall do: Speak the truth to one another; render in your gates judgments that are true and make for peace; do not devise evil in your hearts against one another, and love no false oath, for all these things I hate, declares the Lord.”

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

So we can see that discrimination against Whenches has been ruled out for us guys. Is this advice for church leaders? I hope it is.

I do not find the commands of God to be "'Male First' opinions". Your proof text list is a sure argument of the falseness of stringing together verses that have no bearing on the matter at hand. Using eisegesis with such a list is mere religious humanism. Nothing in all your list bears on God's law regarding the relationship between man and woman. At least with the Jehovah's Witness proof texting against the Deity of Christ, they have a shallow semblance of logic, even though it is false, twisted and out of context.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, (Even so, ye whenches) for this is the Law and the Prophets."

And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.(Even so, ye whenches)

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another (Even so, ye whenches), and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.

Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves (Even so, ye whenches). Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those (Even so, ye whenches) who hear.

And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches)as yourself.

Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself.”

You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself: I am the Lord.

And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor (Even so, ye whenches) as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

"Even So Ye Whenches" appears nowhere in scripture. Much less in those verses you just quoted and added the words to for some reason.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Even So Ye Whenches" appears nowhere in scripture. Much less in those verses you just quoted and added the words to for some reason.
Or just "whenches" will do if we may consider them neighbors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not find the commands of God to be "'Male First' opinions". Your proof text list is a sure argument of the falseness of stringing together verses that have no bearing on the matter at hand. Using eisegesis with such a list is mere religious humanism. Nothing in all your list bears on God's law regarding the relationship between man and woman. At least with the Jehovah's Witness proof texting against the Deity of Christ, they have a shallow semblance of logic, even though it is false, twisted and out of context.

No matter if you are a woman or a man, they are your neighbors.
There is no discrimination allowed based on gender differences of any kind.
Sorry if I have to be so blunt and spell it out. and to back it up.
NO discriminating.

So whatever you wish that others would do to you,
do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you,
do also to them
for this is the Law and the Prophets."

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them,
for
this is the Law and the Prophets."

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟332,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hello JM, if I were to layout what I see as the major departures from the faith over the last 200 years, I'd see it like this, and I admit this will bring the wrath of humanists down on my head. :)

It sounds like the "humanism" you're arguing against is not atheism, but rather the advancement of human rights. Your post seems to oppose, among other things:

- the abolition of slavery
- voting rights for women
- publicly funded education for children

Is that what you meant to say? Do you see these things as a departure from the Christian faith?

Upvote 0

Noah_W

Sep 24, 2021
Illinois
✟8,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
I do indeed oppose voting rights for women as did the majority of Christians for 1800+ years, so what new Bible was written? God never gave the education of children to the State, but to the parents and once government funds, government controls. As to slavery, my objection is trying to base abolition on the idea slavery is sin when nowhere in all of God's word is slavery called sin and there are plenty of situations where if that were true, we'd be told, as with Philemon. The industrial revolution and changing times would have phased out slavery, and as in Romans 14, a large part of Christianity would more and more desire to phase out slavery, not because it was sin, but personal conviction. America is the only nation where slavery was ended by a horrible war, and I'm convinced the true reason for the war was not slavery. Slavery was the emotional issue to push to the forefront.

• Informative
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Noah_W

Sep 24, 2021
Illinois
✟8,788.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
No matter if you are a woman or a man, they are your neighbors.
There is no discrimination allowed based on gender differences of any kind.
Sorry if I have to be so blunt and spell it out. and to back it up.
NO discriminating.

So whatever you wish that others would do to you,
do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you,
do also to them
for this is the Law and the Prophets."

“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them,
for
this is the Law and the Prophets."

You've shown your reasoning powers and logic by writing "whenches" in a forum such as this when the word singular or plural comes up blank in all the dictionaries in onelook.com and if you go with the meanings in urbandictionary.com it makes no sense as you inserted it into the Scriptures. I see as much logic in the argument you've used as in your reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You've shown your reasoning powers and logic by writing "whenches" in a forum such as this when the word singular or plural comes up blank in all the dictionaries in onelook.com and if you go with the meanings in urbandictionary.com it makes no sense as you inserted it into the Scriptures. I see as much logic in the argument you've used as in your reply.
So?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do indeed oppose voting rights for women as did the majority of Christians for 1800+ years, so what new Bible was written?

Treat women the same as you'd wish women would treat you.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
America is the only nation where slavery was ended by a horrible war, and I'm convinced the true reason for the war was not slavery.

That's saying nothing. Which is your goal I guess.

Upvote 0